Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
What's with the holier than thou attitude today Ken? Someone **** in your corn flakes this morning? Yeah, I speed sometimes, not doing 60 over and not endangering anyone's life in the process.

You never sped in your whole life have you? Always a good little boy?
Holier than thou, pizz in the corn flakes, got any more worn out phrases you want to throw at me?

From your view atop your soap box you must be looking right over the high horses.

Break whatever law you want, I don't care as long as it does not endanger me in the process, just don't come back whining and moaning because you disagree with the law is my only stance.

The same people have been over this same thread countless times, it is nearing its inevitable end, the chit slinging is already beginning.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Try to think of speeding as a math problem;
Alcurve Ab. to Lloydminster =15 miles
Traveling the speed limit 100KM.= 15 mins.
Traveling 120 kms. = 11 min
Total time saved 4 mins.
Everyday this stretch of road bumper to bumper with people taking ridiculous risks trying to pass on hills, blind corners even through the worst conditions. At least twice a week there's a serious accident all to save a few minutes. I set my cruise on the speed limit and ignore the idiots trying to intimidate me into speeding. I drive at least 50,000 kms a year and have not had ticket for over 35 years.
Is four minutes worth someone's life?
Just relax and you won't have to feed the cash cow!
Exactly right Bat, but the trouble is someone will beat them there so they have to be ahead of everyone!

Lol.

I found another 80km road that is paved beautifully and shorter than 16, now most of my trip to Lloydminster is blissfully quiet, except for the odd road warrior that does Mach chicken on the back roads. My new truck just loves 80k, mileage is awesome

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Holier than thou, pizz in the corn flakes, got any more worn out phrases you want to throw at me?

From your view atop your soap box you must be looking right over the high horses.

Break whatever law you want, I don't care as long as it does not endanger me in the process, just don't come back whining and moaning because you disagree with the law is my only stance.

The same people have been over this same thread countless times, it is nearing its inevitable end, the chit slinging is already beginning.
Ken, go back and read your own postings, you're talking to the rest of us like we're axe wielding killers FFS. Cool your jets.

Police consistently speed, go beat on them as well. They are supposed to be the ones setting an example.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:38 AM

I guess none of you guys would have any fun on the Autobahn's in Germany.....I did when I was there

LC
Old 04-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Ken, go back and read your own postings, you're talking to the rest of us like we're axe wielding killers FFS. Cool your jets.

Police consistently speed, go beat on them as well. They are supposed to be the ones setting an example.
My stance has always been the same, if idiots speed because 'they are just keeping up with traffic' or whatever lame excuse they have to break the LAW to justify their stupidity, go hard. Just don't let your stupidity endanger me.

There is a problem with this?

I have no problem with Police going appropriate speed in their line of duty. I guarantee I see more people in trucks speeding to Walmart and Tim hortons than I do Police.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

I have no problem with Police going appropriate speed in their line of duty. I guarantee I see more people in trucks speeding to Walmart and Tim hortons than I do Police.
The problem is, the police are speeding outside the line of duty. When they have lights on and/or sirens blaring, yep, feel free to kick it. When i'm doing the speed limit down the whitemud and a cop passes me doing 20 over, that's a problem. Happens all too often Ken and we all know it.

and if you want to start talking about laws, we're ruled and regulated to death. We have no rights left in Canada, and that's a fact.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The problem is, the police are speeding outside the line of duty. When they have lights on and/or sirens blaring, yep, feel free to kick it. When i'm doing the speed limit down the whitemud and a cop passes me doing 20 over, that's a problem. Happens all too often Ken and we all know it.

and if you want to start talking about laws, we're ruled and regulated to death. We have no rights left in Canada, and that's a fact.
No rights?

We can have any firearm we wish within reason. We can fish any body of water, we can drive across the provinces without papers. Our kids receive education. We don't pay for healthcare. If you break a law you have an attorney. Free speech? Got it.

I don't have all day to discuss all the wonderful things we take for granted in Canada.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
No rights?

We can have any firearm we wish within reason. We can fish any body of water, we can drive across the provinces without papers. Our kids receive education. We don't pay for healthcare. If you break a law you have an attorney. Free speech? Got it.

I don't have all day to discuss all the wonderful things we take for granted in Canada.
Firearms are not a right, they are a privilege. Driving a car is a privilege. Free speech is going away. You get arrested and questioned by the police, you do not have the right to have an attorney present. Our legal system is very different from the US.

The supreme court has pretty much tossed the charter of rights and freedoms out the window - read some cases on search and seizure alone coming out of the supreme court. We have no remedy against the police trampling our "rights" - therefore we have no rights.

Police are doing more and more without warrants, and getting away with it.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
And how many of our beloved police around this city speed? I really should start storing my dashcam footage and put it on youtube.
Why don't you send it to the police department? Youtube won't do anything.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I think if people are unable to figure out transition zones they should not be driving. Maybe put them in special little short busses, with nice soft helmets to protect their delicate little heads.

Sign ahead of you says 80 down from 110. Do 80 or less when you hit the sign. Sign ahead of you says 110 when you are in a 80 zone. Do 80 until you get past the 110 sign.

Ffs it is not rocket science, it's just that idiots trying to make things work the way they see fit.

I do agree 100% about the useless legacy programs, huge waste of money.
You missing the point.....as usual.....and not reading anything and thinking about it, and the future. Then you go to be obnoxiously insulting, adding nothing to the discussion. You are blind to any long term vision other than your current position.

So in the same tone as your post........did you read the guidelines even? .....do you want to guess why there are guidelines??.....hint.....it's about the potential for abuse.......like moving speed signs, reducing speed zones to levels which are no longer related to safe driving......in fact probably making it unsafe in cases.....just like shorten yellows......think for FS yourself.

I have Lived in this area for 15yrs. I know the speed zones......until they change just to collect more revenue. ( in fact i know a RCMP officer and they are not liking where this predatory photo operator is collecting money as they even feel its dirty)You can maintain your position because you being out in BF nowhere, its not come to your community yet. And when it does, you will eventually get to pay your share when they start messing with things to maintain their politicsl junky addicted revenues. Then You will see first hand, it's not about safety, it's not about laws, it's not about speeding....it's about a way to collect revenue.

And guess what.....it's only going to get much worse everywhere. But you cant see the evolution, cause your stuck in one track.

Last edited by BlackHeart; 04-06-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Never have got one myself

Statistics show these are a pure cash cow and do nothing to enforce the speed limits..
That's because people are stupid. They speed, they get a ticket, they pay it, they whine about how they're being punished for breaking the law, they speed, repeat cycle.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
You can get a photo radar for doing as little as 8kms over.....

LC
Only in playground and school zones, and rightly so. Photo radar is no different than video survellance to catch shop lefters. Only the ones with a sense of entitlement oppose. It's in place to keep the rest of us safe supposedly.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Only in playground and school zones, and rightly so. Photo radar is no different than video survellance to catch shop lefters. Only the ones with a sense of entitlement oppose. It's in place to keep the rest of us safe supposedly.
....this particular ticket was not in a school or playground zone....I know that for sure. I will ask Dad where it was.....pretty sure it was for going 88 in an 80....

....I am also quite certain he wasn't trying to kill anyone by driving that speed

LC
Old 04-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Banned

Anyone else get near blinded by a photo radar buggy?

Was coming down whyte ave, there's usually a truck somewhere along that road. Nighttime, i'm travelling eastbound on Whyte, just past 99 st the flash went off on the truck tagging westbound traffic. Those flash bulbs are bloody bright...
Old 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Your shoplifting analogy is so far off bases, but let me try to explain. Stealing is an overt action....ie you do it with full intention. It's clear cut. Your intent was to break the law.

With ticketing in transition zones, when the speed sign has been moved and you get a ticket for it when your nose is at the sign???? Well the analogy would be for me to change the boundaries of my store and as soon as your over the yellow line on the floor with your cart, charge you with shoplifting.....after all you crossed the line and left my store....seems ridiculous and it is......but this is the crap we have gotten to with photo radar.

The next step in this bs process is going to be obvious....people will start finding ways to obscure their plate number. Now when that same person commits an overt illegal action, you can phone and say "I don't know what his plate # was!" yeah that will improve things. And then we will also have the system needing to pay people and continue the revenue stream (afterall isnt fines a way to modify behaviour...which it will do....other than dirty tricks) ticketing for anything and everything, like having a hitch in the receiver, a crack in the windshield, roadside safety inspection, etc, etc.

It's coming!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
The next step in this bs process is going to be obvious....people will start finding ways to obscure their plate number. Now when that same person commits an overt illegal action, you can phone and say "I don't know what his plate # was!" yeah that will improve things. And then we will also have the system needing to pay people and continue the revenue stream (afterall isnt fines a way to modify behaviour...which it will do....other than dirty tricks) ticketing for anything and everything, like having a hitch in the receiver, a crack in the windshield, roadside safety inspection, etc, etc.

It's coming!
Already takes place....there are stickers that people place over their plates that obscure half the plate number if looking at an angle.....looking straight on it can be read.

LC
Old 04-06-2013, 06:38 PM

Default radars

Be aware if you gonna drive Antony Henday.
There is one track on the bridge 16a shooting radar north A-Henday and on the nexy btidhe another one on the next bridge shooting radar on southound of Any.Henday.Just was ftiving yhetr
Old 04-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Try to think of speeding as a math problem;
Alcurve Ab. to Lloydminster =15 miles
Traveling the speed limit 100KM.= 15 mins.
Traveling 120 kms. = 11 min
Total time saved 4 mins.
Everyday this stretch of road bumper to bumper with people taking ridiculous risks trying to pass on hills, blind corners even through the worst conditions. At least twice a week there's a serious accident all to save a few minutes. I set my cruise on the speed limit and ignore the idiots trying to intimidate me into speeding. I drive at least 50,000 kms a year and have not had ticket for over 35 years.
Is four minutes worth someone's life?
Just relax and you won't have to feed the cash cow!
Yuuup...better to be 4 minutes late in this world rather than be 4 minutes earlier in the NEXT world
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Default radars on Ant.Henday.

Sorry for lots of mistakes in previous post.Typing from cell.Wasn't driving though.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conehead View Post
sounds good to me, the more they rack up, the less I pay in taxes. almost like a user pay system.perfect
I'd agree with you....if it worked that way
Old 04-06-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Your shoplifting analogy is so far off bases, but let me try to explain. Stealing is an overt action....ie you do it with full intention. It's clear cut. Your intent was to break the law.
With ticketing in transition zones, when the speed sign has been moved and you get a ticket for it when your nose is at the sign???? Well the analogy would be for me to change the boundaries of my store and as soon as your over the yellow line on the floor with your cart, charge you with shoplifting.....after all you crossed the line and left my store....seems ridiculous and it is......but this is the crap we have gotten to with photo radar.
What? Have you ever written a reply without condescension?

If you are not driving with due care and attention, or full intention as you put it, you are breaking the law because of 'an overt action', which is of course getting behind the wheel and speeding.

The car does not speed by itself, the operator is always in control of it and therefore must suffer the consequences of lack of concentration.

Oopsie I slipped is not an excuse for breaking the law. When you enter the vehicle and turn the key the onus is on the operator to know and obey posted limits.

Photo radar and new speed traps are coming, because people are too stupid to obey the laws!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:

If you are not driving with due care and attention, or full intention as you put it, you are breaking the law because of 'an overt action', which is of course getting behind the wheel and speeding.

The car does not speed by itself, the operator is always in control of it and therefore must suffer the consequences of lack of concentration.

Oopsie I slipped is not an excuse for breaking the law. When you enter the vehicle and turn the key the onus is on the operator to know and obey posted limits.

Photo radar and new speed traps are coming, because people are too stupid to obey the laws!
Tell it like it is, thank you
Old 04-06-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:

Condescension.....I response in kind. This thread was civil, till you took it elsewhere. And it not the first time. You fail to see how your posts incite things. This is a repeatative behavior of yours and then your like " what the .., I'm a victim" .....but carry on....

As to the overt action, your really not getting it. Overt- when you deliberately break the law, fully well knowing I'm breaking the law. The concepts based on intent.

So (overt condescension) just so you get it, we are talking about speeding and failing to be within the posted speed, not about driving....that's inherent in the situation whether your intentionally or unintentailly speeding....are you following so far?

Now back to your "Lack of attention /concentration" comment. I would ask you, do you see everything and every sign when your driving. It not humanly possible. You can only take so many things in, when your paying attention to other drivers, other signs, merging, allowing others to merge, etc, etc. who was it that mentioned they got a ticket because of a semi blocking a sign???

And oopsie??? Where do I start? Have you heard of the concept of intent, culpability, in law? Probably not! But now we get to the reason for them now almost exclusively working the transition zones....it's much more profitable to ticket those that have no intention of speeding as well as those that do so intentionally.

How many times have you jumped up on this high horse on speeding of your And how much grief/tension/anger/hard feelings has it generated for you?????.....most stemming from your virtriolic responses. Now who's not paying attention?

Last edited by BlackHeart; 04-06-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 PM

I think Albertans have gotten better in the last 7 years I have been here.... I used to think the whitemud had a limit of 100kmhr and I was usually the slow one. Now it seems there is Alot fewer people going much more than 100.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Condescension.....I response in kind. This thread was civil, till you took it elsewhere. And it not the first time. You fail to see how your posts incite things. This is a repeatative behavior of yours and then your like " what the .., I'm a victim" .....but carry on....
As to the overt action, your really not getting it. Overt- when you deliberately break the law, fully well knowing I'm breaking the law. The concepts based on intent.
So (overt condescension) just so you get it, we are talking about speeding and failing to be within the posted speed, not about driving....that's inherent in the situation whether your intentionally or unintentailly speeding....are you following so far?
Now back to your "Lack of attention /concentration" comment. I would ask you, do you see everything and every sign when your driving. It not humanly possible. You can only take so many things in, when your paying attention to other drivers, other signs, merging, allowing others to merge, etc, etc. who was it that mentioned they got a ticket because of a semi blocking a sign???
And oopsie??? Where do I start? Have you heard of the concept of intent, culpability, in law? Probably not! But now we get to the reason for them now almost exclusively working the transition zones....it's much more profitable to ticket those that have no intention of speeding as well as those that do so intentionally.
How many times have you jumped up on this high horse on speeding of your And how much grief/tension/anger/hard feelings has it generated for you?????.....most stemming from your virtriolic responses. Now who's not paying attention?
Playing that game are we?
You have NEVER, not once been in a thread I replied to, without being ignorant to me. Talk about high horse, you type to most like you are a college professor trying to lecture children with down syndrome. I knew bloody well you would bring up my 1997 ticket, you are as predictable as night and day. I'm not sure what your end game is, other than gang piling on people and proving yourself ignorant and miserable, but you excel at both.

So you don't like my stand on speeders, so what? Would the rest of the forum suffer if you do not continually jump on my back? Why is everyone but you allowed an opinion? is that why you take so long at replies? You have to click every thread I replied in to get information to use against me? LOL!!!!

As for not being able to see every sign in a transition zone, maybe you should try to pay more attention to the road. That's ridiculous.

Done with your ignorant remarks yet?

Please get a life, grow up eventually.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM

+1
Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 PM

This thread is over, lock er up. Sad to see more personal attacks on a important discussion.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javlin101 View Post
This thread is over, lock er up. Sad to see more personal attacks on a important discussion.
PM's are best for airing out soiled undergarments....

LC
Old 04-06-2013, 09:20 PM

Yea,it reminds me a British parlament
Old 04-06-2013, 09:27 PM

I've posted this before, my apologies. But seeing the delightful content of this thread has absolutely convinced me to use it again. Cheers

On a more personal note: Ken07AOVette, I sincerely applaud you. I've never seen someone take so much flak from a gang of nitpicking trolls with such grace. x2 on everything you've said thus far. I've been following this thread closely, but didn't want to join in just to be torn off a strip for my opinions. Keep it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thestupiditburns.jpg (33.0 KB, 17 views)
Closed Thread