Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-15-2010, 01:28 PM

Default Lac Des Iles Fishing

I'm heading out to Lac Des Iles this upcoming week to do some camping and fishing. I went last year and got a chance to do some fishing but didn't have any luck. Could someone give me some tips on where to go on the lake??
Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 PM

We will be heading up there aswell on the 23rd. Never been there before. Probably fish Waterhen Lake to. Fished Pierce Lake last year and caught my first lake trout. Can't wait to get back up there again.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:02 AM

Go to Ranger's Bay on Lac des Iles in the south west corner. Might be shallow as you go in so idle down. Let us know how you did.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:05 PM

I was at waterhen and flotten this last week as well as canoe. Canoe averaged 1 walleye an hour and 20 jacks an hour when targeting each species, each up to 7lbs. flottten 4 eyes 1 pike up to 4lbs a day, waterhen 1 eye and 10 jacks a day up to 2lbs. if lac de isles is good dont waste your gas on waterhen.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTrapper View Post
I was at waterhen and flotten this last week as well as canoe. Canoe averaged 1 walleye an hour and 20 jacks an hour when targeting each species, each up to 7lbs. flottten 4 eyes 1 pike up to 4lbs a day, waterhen 1 eye and 10 jacks a day up to 2lbs. if lac de isles is good dont waste your gas on waterhen.
did you stop at keeley?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 PM

MadTrapper. I was at Canoe last weekend and you certainly did better with the walleye than we did!! But the pike were very agressive and very fiesty.....our last two casts before leaving on Sunday saw us with a double, one 9 lbs. and one 10 lbs.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheyes View Post
I'm heading out to Lac Des Iles this upcoming week to do some camping and fishing. I went last year and got a chance to do some fishing but didn't have any luck. Could someone give me some tips on where to go on the lake??
How did you do and in your opinion where are the good spots to fish? I am going there Sept long weekend myself.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM

Me and 3 guys from work went out there May long. The 4 of us landed a total of 25 fish (pike) all weekend with the largest a wopping 5lbs. Ranger's bay, was, however, as pointed out by one person above, definitely the best place to fish but expect big fish or lot's of action.

I think the fishing there is marginal at best. It's not like we are morons either. I can drive 40 minutes out of EDM, just 2 guys, and regularly catch 30-40 pike in 5-8 hours with several in the 7-12lb range.

Just food for thought.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:16 AM

Oh yeah - one more thing - we also destroyed my buddy's gel coat on his brand new boat. A storm blew in overnight and smashed his swim platform off as his boat lines snapped off. He was "trading paint" with the dock, the motor of the boat right in front of him etc... He was not happy. This has nothing to do with the story but Lac Des Isles is poor Karma.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:39 PM

I would go to a different lake.