Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2013, 04:27 PM

Default Post your monthly power consumption (KWH)

Just curious how many kilowatt hours you burn through on a given month...

I work out of town and rent an acreage with another guy and we are burning on average over 2000 KWH per month! I read online that an average convenience store burns 2200 KWH...

The power company just installed a second meter on the line to confirm if the first one is operating correctly, but they say its pretty rare that the meter is screwed and if it is working correctly its going to cost me another 150 bux for their time...

We are out of the house for almost 14 hrs of the day, maybe do 4 loads of laundry a month for bedding and towels and do the rest at our own houses, no electric heat, there are 2 fridges and a mid size freezer (2 of the 3 are brand new) every bulb in this place is an energy saver type... I just don't get it..

There is a well pump and a pretty high tech water softener system on the house, and central air conditioning but it is on a programmable thermostat and does not run during the day and only runs in the evenings set @ 21...

I just cant figure out how we could be chewing through that kind of power...

The power company also informed me that in a week if the meters read within 3% they have no further obligation to investigate this matter further... Will a clamp on amp meter tell me anything or is there any way I can trace what is burning all the juice?

Thanks
J