Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2020, 10:36 AM

Default Sask pics.

As I'd hoped for, we fished for our dinners...

DSCF1543 by , on Flickr

DSCF1567 by , on Flickr

Enjoyed some footloose freedom...

DSCF1539 by , on Flickr

And caught some nice fish.

DSCF1535 by , on Flickr

DSCF1536 by , on Flickr

I don't know the name of this lake, but it was perfect for kids. The pike weren't usually very large, but they were plentiful and scrappy. By the time we had one in the canoe they had generally managed to soak the occupants, my daughters remember it as "Jerk-fish Lake".

DSCF1597 by Cal bablitz, on Flickr

A local told us about some falls that we could hike back into. On the first trip my oldest daughter lamented that many of the best eddys could not be reached for shore, I mentioned that it would probably be possible to portage a canoe down the rugged trail and she got super pumped. The next day was raining but she was determined, so we hauled my 80 lb Mad River in and out of this canyon in the rain.

DSCF1559 by , on Flickr

We got into an eddy behind a big boulder that was full of walleye and sauger, between holding the canoe in the eddy, unhooking walleye, and snapping the odd picture... I can tell you, if I had 6 arms I'd still have been wishing for a few more. It was an adventure that neither of us will soon forget.

DSCF1586 by , on Flickr

DSCF1585 by , on Flickr

DSCF1583 by , on Flickr

Here's a picture of an old Mitchell reel that Cranky gave me just before we left, and dinner. I caught well over 50 fish on that old reel on this trip. Once again, thanks a lot Cranky.

DSCF1582 by , on Flickr

Few more random pics, incase you aren't bored enough by now.

DSCF1587 by , on Flickr

DSCF1555 by , on Flickr

DSCF1614 by , on Flickr

DSCF1545 by , on Flickr

Last edited by Bushleague; 07-14-2020 at 10:58 AM.