Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-07-2022, 10:31 AM

Default Lac La Biche Ice Travel

Hello all hope everything's good! Just wondering if anyone has any updates on LLB travel conditions? Snow drifts, flood water etc? Trying to decide if we can get quads/trucks around out there or just have to do lots of shuttling with the sxs with tracks.

Much appreciated!
Old 02-07-2022, 02:41 PM

The ice road from the mission to poplar point is amazing. Several entry points off there with decent tracks to the shack areas.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:11 PM

I’m debating heading that direction on Friday. I’ve never fished it before and curious where to even start or where some good access points are?
Old 02-08-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikehunter1989 View Post
I’m debating heading that direction on Friday. I’ve never fished it before and curious where to even start or where some good access points are?
not going to lie I have had some fantastic days but alot more bad days. lake has lots of structure and is very big. I find it tough to dial in. that being said mid feb is tough anyways but main lake points and island points with some good drops near deep water is where I would focus. the launch just before the sir winston provincial park is decent access and there is one on the north on range road 144. golden sands on east side not bad either. I have not spent anytime on the west side of the lake.