Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM

Default Used guns in Calgary?

I used to like to go to the Macload trail Canadian tire for used guns in Calgary, but last time I was in there they only had a handful of used guns. I don't know too much about wholesale sports but I don't think they have much of a used selection. Do any of the military surplus stores in Calgary sell actual guns or just military stuff?

I'd appreciate any info on possible sources for used or even new guns in the Calgary area.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertafarmer View Post
I used to like to go to the Macload trail Canadian tire for used guns in Calgary, but last time I was in there they only had a handful of used guns. I don't know too much about wholesale sports but I don't think they have much of a used selection. Do any of the military surplus stores in Calgary sell actual guns or just military stuff?

I'd appreciate any info on possible sources for used or even new guns in the Calgary area.
wss does have a used selection.... sometimes its many somtimes not.......

Your in luck... Calgary Gun Show is this weekend.....im sure there are tons of rifles or military stuff you are looking for.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM

You can try Pro Line shooters on 9th Avenue in Inglewood; or this weekend only there is the annual Easter gun show down at the BMO Centre ( formerly named the RoundUp Centre) down at the Stampede grounds. Its definately worth a look, the biggest gun show in Canada.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:12 PM

Yeah I think i will check out that gun show, the problem with WSS is they only seemed to carry high end used guns when i checked. Canadian tire used to have everything from fifty dollar .22s to the highest end rifles, but I guess there wasn't enough money in it. Is that Pro line shooters a very good place?
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 AM

Alberta
I second Pro Line the guys are great and they have a great selection of both hand and rifle.
Gramps
Old 04-09-2009, 09:22 AM

Forsure about Proline. Great guys & great service there. Kinda like a mom & pop operation still. I bought a Remington 700 CDL SF of them a few months ago, great service & prices were comparable to others also.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:32 AM

I think there's a city cop who can hook you up with some.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 AM

do any of the canadian tires in edmonton carry firearms? i have never seen any, only air rifles...
Old 04-09-2009, 02:33 PM

Haven't checked lately, but there used to be some, in The Bargainfinder.
Grizz
Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Default pro line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertafarmer View Post
Yeah I think i will check out that gun show, the problem with WSS is they only seemed to carry high end used guns when i checked. Canadian tire used to have everything from fifty dollar .22s to the highest end rifles, but I guess there wasn't enough money in it. Is that Pro line shooters a very good place?
I bought a rifle from pro line last week .Great service ,good guys , they had some used and some old military rifles. Went to canadian Tire first then russell . Gotta say I wouldn't buy a pellet gun from the guy at russel's . I think they are owned by wholesale.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:32 PM

Default used guns

Rocky Mountain Gunsmithing in Okotoks usually has a very good selection of used guns. Very fair to deal with, better than most in the city.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooeyguy View Post
Rocky Mountain Gunsmithing in Okotoks usually has a very good selection of used guns. Very fair to deal with, better than most in the city.
Where in Okotoks are they?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
I bought a rifle from pro line last week .Great service ,good guys , they had some used and some old military rifles. Went to canadian Tire first then russell . Gotta say I wouldn't buy a pellet gun from the guy at russel's . I think they are owned by wholesale.
I second Proline. A dying breed of shop and guys that work there with a ton of knowlage.

I have never had a problem with Russels. Maybe its a new guy on the counter but they have always been good to me and fairly priced.

And yes Wholesale owns Russels but UFA owns Wholesale......so whatcha goona do. Good ol`fashioned capitalisam at work.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magcal4L View Post
Where in Okotoks are they?
x2. Never knew there waws a gunsmith or shop in town. Must be very well hidden.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergrey View Post
do any of the canadian tires in edmonton carry firearms? i have never seen any, only air rifles...
The southside Cdn Tire in Red Deer store has a few used but the choice is slim. I saw a CZ 527 in 223 there the other day. Pristine condition and they make a nice rifle.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM

Default Okotoks gun shop

It is a home based business. 938-4818 is the number. Great to deal with, flexible on prices. Does good gun work also.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I think there's a city cop who can hook you up with some.
haha you think thats funny, me to couse i am getting 9 guns from the station on monday that were takin from a kid at work for udering death threats, all i have to do is register them and i get them the cop said

Last edited by tikka boom; 04-18-2009 at 12:07 AM.