Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-14-2008, 07:52 PM

Default rattlesnake (sauder reservoir)

Im heading out to medicine hat tommorow. I will be putting the pontoon boat on my favorite walleye spot in rattle snake. Ive pulled some lunkers off this long rock bed Ill have my fishfinder hooked up so finding it will be easy Its not to far off shore. If anybody wants to tag along on friday maby sterday let me know. It would be nice to have some extra hands for taking pic's of big wallies.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 PM

Would love to but leaving for the long weekend. For some reason those eyes have eluded me in that lake and I cannot figure out why. Would love to see the pictures and good luck.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 AM

at this spot of mine im usually alone and the only thing I seem to hook is wallies. I was a little frustrated last year when I was targeting monster pike and the only thing I was pulling up was 2 pound walleyes one after another after another. I was almost convinced it was the same fish over and over. So I kept 1 for the table just to make sure
Old 05-15-2008, 08:51 AM

where on the lake is this hot spot? I've fished there before and caught small pike and perch. also how much $$$ to put your boat in (launch fee)
Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 AM

its free no charge to put your boat in (ive never paid ) Im heading out in 1/2 hour last chance to meet up with me
Old 05-15-2008, 10:56 AM

Its a come with me spot I dont need to show up and have 100 people fishing right beside me if I dont here from anyone stay tuned for the pics should be a few biggins
Old 05-15-2008, 11:31 AM

Default Rattlesnake/Sauder Walleyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
Im heading out to medicine hat tommorow. I will be putting the pontoon boat on my favorite walleye spot in rattle snake. Ive pulled some lunkers off this long rock bed Ill have my fishfinder hooked up so finding it will be easy Its not to far off shore. If anybody wants to tag along on friday maby sterday let me know. It would be nice to have some extra hands for taking pic's of big wallies.
I am real interested in seeing some pic's of your Walleye catch. I may be wrong but I think the fishing is behind about a month due to the late spring/cool temperatures. If the Walleyes are "on" at all it should be in 3-4 weeks..that's the way I see it anyway. By the way...does anyone know if there is water coming in at the canal at the Sauder end? and more importantly is any water going into the outflow canal yet?..just curious