Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 08:55 PM

Default iphone ap for WMU's

I guess I'm old school (using maps).

Is there an iphone ap that overlays WMU's over google earth and shows your GPS position?
Old 10-19-2018, 09:00 PM

iHunter! It’s on the App Store. Make sure you pick the Alberta one. It’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2018, 09:08 PM

Yup love it! Tells you exactly what’s open and what’s not for any particular WMU and which one your in.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:39 PM

Ihunter. I also add on the leasholder portion so I can quickly access their contact information. I have also purchased all of the landowner maps in my hunting area. when I am searching a new area in takes me seconds to figure out whos land I am on. best hunting app hands down
Old 10-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Thumbs up

iHunter enough said.

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 11-04-2018, 09:04 PM

I just bought this app today, I was surprised though when looking for the land owner information. It says it costs $20.99 for the land owner map for the WMU I am in????

I went right to the counties websites and downloaded the map in PDF format for free. Am I missing something?
Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 PM

No, not missing anything,... maps within IHunter aren’t cheap,... but not as simple as overlaying a pdf,...
I personally like and use IHunter,...
Old 11-05-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayf01 View Post
I just bought this app today, I was surprised though when looking for the land owner information. It says it costs $20.99 for the land owner map for the WMU I am in????

I went right to the counties websites and downloaded the map in PDF format for free. Am I missing something?

Some counties will have downloadable landowner info on their websites but most dont.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I guess I'm old school (using maps).

Is there an iphone ap that overlays WMU's over google earth and shows your GPS position?

I'm old school as well right down to topo maps of areas I hunt frequently. Something my father passed on to me many moons ago. Downloaded ihunter to my Samsung android a month ago for the first time. Pretty slick and easy to use.

No Landowner maps purchased yet because not required but I did spend another $ 10 to get something...., so old I forget what it was , but I believe it was land disposition info. ACA, graze leases etc. Well worth it.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:19 AM

I think this is the best hunting tool developed in the last 10 years

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:

The convenience of having county maps overlay the google earth imagery is well worth what iHunter charges. Best hunting app hands down. When you get used to the app and how to overlay and remove layers, it's sooooo easy and incredibly insightful. I have purchased about ten maps now. +- $220. I have wasted hundreds if not thousands of dollars on useless hunting gear that didn't perform or work as expected. This has been one of the best purchases (if not THE best) I've ever made for hunting.

I don't work for them- just a normal guy who endorses them.

p.s. their tech support is off the charts too. A great company
Old 11-05-2018, 09:38 AM

I agree Ihunter is great, the only issue I have had is not with the app but with my phone I find that I have to be really careful to keep my Iphone from getting cold or it will quit working and not come back on until I plug it in. Has anyone else found this to be an issue?
Old 11-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Pack View Post
I agree Ihunter is great, the only issue I have had is not with the app but with my phone I find that I have to be really careful to keep my Iphone from getting cold or it will quit working and not come back on until I plug it in. Has anyone else found this to be an issue?
sounds like you need a new battery. +-$100 and well worth it
Old 11-05-2018, 12:46 PM

Smile

Quote: