Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1861  
Old 06-16-2020, 05:58 PM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 13,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
420 Applesauce Brownie Cake
Does 420 mean it is infused with extract of ganja?
Reply With Quote
  #1862  
Old 06-16-2020, 05:59 PM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 13,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Wet, cold, miserable, rainy days call for Comfort Food!!







And comforting it was!

Cheers,
Nog
Nog, that soup looks absolutely out of this world. Thanks for the pics!
Reply With Quote
  #1863  
Old 06-16-2020, 07:39 PM
corky51 corky51 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leduc, Alberta
Posts: 137
Default

Smoked brisket tip with baby smoked potatoes.
Reply With Quote
  #1864  
Old 06-17-2020, 08:28 AM
Jim Blake Jim Blake is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: West Central Alberta/Costa Rica
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Wet, cold, miserable, rainy days call for Comfort Food!!







And comforting it was!

Cheers,
Nog
That looks absolutely scrumptious delicious!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1865  
Old 06-20-2020, 11:59 AM
IronNoggin IronNoggin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 3,444
Talking

Yellow Eye Snapper:



Seared on the BarBee:





A small bucket of Manila & Butter Clams:



Served with Spare Gooses, Basmati and Hollandaise:



Of course under candle light:



Bon Appetite!
Nog
Reply With Quote
  #1866  
Old 06-22-2020, 12:18 PM
IronNoggin IronNoggin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 3,444
Thumbs up

Garlic Scapes



Smothered with Fiddleheads



Then steamed in a white wine / lemon juice broth

Bacon Wrapped Whitetail Tenders





Served with Cheddar Chipotle Pasta





Fine Dining for Two!!



Cheers,
Nog
Reply With Quote
  #1867  
Old 06-23-2020, 12:39 AM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default

Insomnia
Just had a Mexi-Philly Cheesesteak w/ Fried Onions and Jalapeno/Bell Pepper and Cilantro and a couple of Wobbly Pops while cleaning and sorting tackle into my new tackle backpack with insulated cooler section
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1868  
Old 06-28-2020, 01:18 PM
IronNoggin IronNoggin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 3,444
Thumbs up

Russian Boar Chops with home-made BarBee sauce:



Served with mixed veggies (peas, beans, pepper & scapes) steamed in white wine & butter, and Parmesan Pesto with grated Asiago Cheese on top:





Accompanied by a rather fine red.

Cheers,
Nog
Reply With Quote
  #1869  
Old 06-28-2020, 02:01 PM
threeforthree's Avatar
threeforthree threeforthree is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Garlic Scapes



Smothered with Fiddleheads



Then steamed in a white wine / lemon juice broth

Bacon Wrapped Whitetail Tenders





Served with Cheddar Chipotle Pasta





Fine Dining for Two!!



Cheers,
Nog
Damn you drink a lot of red wine.... just love your dishes... always remember if the wife don’t find ya handsome.... u should be handy
__________________
jpg images

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Reply With Quote
  #1870  
Old 06-29-2020, 03:00 PM
Jim Blake Jim Blake is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: West Central Alberta/Costa Rica
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Russian Boar Chops with home-made BarBee sauce:



Served with mixed veggies (peas, beans, pepper & scapes) steamed in white wine & butter, and Parmesan Pesto with grated Asiago Cheese on top:





Accompanied by a rather fine red.

Cheers,
Nog

Now that looks absolutely delectable!!! We use to go pig hunting in a couple of places and found the meat fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #1871  
Old 06-29-2020, 05:22 PM
CDNOutdoorsman CDNOutdoorsman is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 602
Default

Blackened Rockfish Tacos (caught a couple weeks ago in Prince Rupert) with a Avocado sauce tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #1872  
Old 06-30-2020, 07:01 PM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default Salisbury Steak w Mushrooms and Mustard

Salisbury Steak, Mushrooms
Couscous and steamed Veg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sal.jpg (37.0 KB, 48 views)
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1873  
Old 06-30-2020, 08:15 PM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 13,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Salisbury Steak, Mushrooms
Couscous and steamed Veg
That right there is the definition of comfort food. Yummy.
Reply With Quote
  #1874  
Old 06-30-2020, 10:45 PM
threeforthree's Avatar
threeforthree threeforthree is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Salisbury Steak, Mushrooms
Couscous and steamed Veg
a fav of mine
__________________
jpg images

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Reply With Quote
  #1875  
Old 07-01-2020, 06:00 AM
Jim Blake Jim Blake is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: West Central Alberta/Costa Rica
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Salisbury Steak, Mushrooms
Couscous and steamed Veg
Perfect food for this weather! Looks yummy!!
Reply With Quote
  #1876  
Old 07-01-2020, 12:11 PM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default

Brain fart.
I made Red Quinoa not Couscous.
Standard wisdom is to cook Quinoa covered-Don't do it.
Open pot-medium high heat 1 part rinsed and drained quinoa to 2 parts liquid cook until almost all liquid has been absorbed-Turn off heat-Cover and let sit 5 minutes to finish.
No more mushy quinoa
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1877  
Old 07-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Greatwest's Avatar
Greatwest Greatwest is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 940
Default

Happy Canada Day everyone!! Was a smoking kind of day. Did some ribs did a bacon wrapped chicken cordon blue and did an Angry Oink (pork loin stuffed with cheese, cream cheese, jalapeños and wrapped in bacon) all of them turned out awesome. Local Meats in Leduc for the Cordon Blue and the Angry Oink.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1878  
Old 07-02-2020, 08:33 AM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default

Shnitzis
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1879  
Old 07-02-2020, 12:11 PM
IronNoggin IronNoggin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 3,444
Arrow

Stirred & Fried:

Reply With Quote
  #1880  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:05 PM
IronNoggin IronNoggin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 3,444
Cool

Was looking for something to work as comfort food to help offset yet another cold, wet & miserable day here. Thinking along the lines of a free-range buzzard, when much to my surprise I discovered the very last smoked bear ham, still safely secured in heavy shrink wrap! Excellent!



Tossed that Bad Baby in the clay baker and set about to scorch some Sesame Oil & Butter Brussels's to go with:



Maple Candied Yams definitely go well:



And about then the ham had the whole house smelling Most Wonderful!



A quick slice & dice:



Onto the plates:



Then served under candle light with a rather fine Red:



This one never fails to please! Tender, juicy and full of excellent flavors!

Man, I NEED to collect another fat bear this fall!

Cheers,
Nog
Reply With Quote
  #1881  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:18 PM
B-radshaw B-radshaw is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cardston Alberta
Posts: 346
Default

Can I just come to your house for supper for just one meal??!! They always look delicious!


Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Was looking for something to work as comfort food to help offset yet another cold, wet & miserable day here. Thinking along the lines of a free-range buzzard, when much to my surprise I discovered the very last smoked bear ham, still safely secured in heavy shrink wrap! Excellent!



Tossed that Bad Baby in the clay baker and set about to scorch some Sesame Oil & Butter Brussels's to go with:



Maple Candied Yams definitely go well:



And about then the ham had the whole house smelling Most Wonderful!



A quick slice & dice:



Onto the plates:



Then served under candle light with a rather fine Red:



This one never fails to please! Tender, juicy and full of excellent flavors!

Man, I NEED to collect another fat bear this fall!

Cheers,
Nog
__________________
BEER, BAIT and AMMO
Reply With Quote
  #1882  
Old 07-03-2020, 02:54 PM
owlhoot's Avatar
owlhoot owlhoot is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: southeast alberta
Posts: 1,182
Default

Baked Orange Roughy in garlic butter
Reply With Quote
  #1883  
Old 07-05-2020, 06:43 AM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Does 420 mean it is infused with extract of ganja?
Sorry Missed this-Was in the pantry looking for snacks
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1884  
Old 07-05-2020, 06:44 AM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default

Crispy Banana Patties and Chilled Bailey's shots.
Good Morning to me
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1885  
Old 07-05-2020, 09:25 AM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 13,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Sorry Missed this-Was in the pantry looking for snacks
Well played.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1886  
Old 07-05-2020, 11:44 PM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default Sticky Chicken

5 hour Sticky Rotis
Asparagus with a Maltaise
Green Beans
Rum Pudding
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rotis.jpg (48.7 KB, 19 views)
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1887  
Old 07-07-2020, 01:58 PM
IronNoggin IronNoggin is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 3,444
Thumbs up

Not supper, but will be the focus of many a dessert come this fall & winter!

I did not think our cherry tree was going to produce much of anything this year. The lack of sun meant that 65 - 70 % of what it was trying to grow either rotted on the vine, or simply dropped off the tree. Couple days back I noticed the local birds showing some interest, so quickly surveyed the situation. The ones that were there were ripe, so I set about the harvest. Hate ladders, but these things are so damn good I try to overlook that aspect...

Ended up with over 3.5 gallons of fine cherries! Excellent!

Graded and washed them, then set about to make my Lady's Absolute Favorite: Black Forest Cherries!



Pitting machine makes short work of that task:



One and half ounces of Cream de Cacao per pint, a hot light / medium syrup and ready to go:



Into the water bath canner for 15 minutes roiling boil:



And set to cool:



My Lady can never wait to try them on, and so as usual they barely cooled and she went at it.

Her findings??

Going to be downright pleasurable chowing down of these over the winter!
Three more batches to go...

Cheers,
Nog
Reply With Quote
  #1888  
Old 07-08-2020, 10:09 AM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Not supper, but will be the focus of many a dessert come this fall & winter!

I did not think our cherry tree was going to produce much of anything this year. The lack of sun meant that 65 - 70 % of what it was trying to grow either rotted on the vine, or simply dropped off the tree. Couple days back I noticed the local birds showing some interest, so quickly surveyed the situation. The ones that were there were ripe, so I set about the harvest. Hate ladders, but these things are so damn good I try to overlook that aspect...

Ended up with over 3.5 gallons of fine cherries! Excellent!

Graded and washed them, then set about to make my Lady's Absolute Favorite: Black Forest Cherries!



Pitting machine makes short work of that task:



One and half ounces of Cream de Cacao per pint, a hot light / medium syrup and ready to go:



Into the water bath canner for 15 minutes roiling boil:



And set to cool:



My Lady can never wait to try them on, and so as usual they barely cooled and she went at it.

Her findings??

Going to be downright pleasurable chowing down of these over the winter!
Three more batches to go...

Cheers,
Nog
Awesome. Have not even thought about Creme de Cacao since the 70's.I forgot it even existed.
Back in the day I used to drink Brandy Alexanders.

This Cherry version would take a Brandy Alexander to a new level.
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1889  
Old 07-08-2020, 06:29 PM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default Cream Cheese,Shallot,Bacon and Beet Green Stuffed Chicken Breast

Stuffed breasts with Caraway Beets and Morel Dust Mushroom Rice Pilaf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beetchix3.jpg (36.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg beetchix2.jpg (28.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg beetchix1.jpg (32.4 KB, 23 views)
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut
Reply With Quote
  #1890  
Old 07-10-2020, 07:16 PM
omega50's Avatar
omega50 omega50 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,494
Default Greek Night on the Pit Boss

Chicken Souvlaki
Haloumi, Feta Stuffed Peppers
Grilled Lemon Warba's
Grilled Zuchinni
Grilled Mushrooms
Shallot Tzatziki
Ouzo Shots and Raki
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gf2.jpg (49.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg gf3.jpg (34.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg gf1.jpg (38.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg gf4.jpg (49.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg gf5.jpg (39.2 KB, 19 views)
__________________
You're only as good as your last haircut

Last edited by omega50; 07-10-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.