Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Liberal!!
Now you crossed the line. I belong 100% to the redneck party of alberta. You related to jack Layton?????
Old 12-14-2013, 07:11 AM

Could be the local outfitter droping guys off i know he owns the land just north of u and hunts in the area how about letting me gain permission for coyotes they seem to be coming from there into the subdivision see at least 3 a week on the driveway and in the yard
Old 12-16-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyIam View Post
So does the definition of apprehend include the use of force to apprehend?
I'm not sure I'd use any force excersizing this law, you'd probably better read the portion of the criminal code referring to arrests, believe its sec 494/495 . After that I'd have a good understanding of sec 10 of the Charter.... As far as use of force goes, we'll there's two models accepted as far as I know in Alberta, IMIM/ and PPCT, I'd make sure I had a good understanding if them too. If not I'd sure a bunch of people would enjoy reading about an arrest gone bad in the paper.... Wonder how many people hunt without a weapon? You know what I hope you would just call the police or game warden and watch from a safe distance. A trespasser is not worth what could lead to a lawsuit against yourself or bodily harm....

Not saying its right, I catch my fair share of trespassers here, have had knifes pulled on me approaching them, and list goes on and on.

As far as the OP..... Wonder how many people have your in laws land on their radar now for next year? Not sure I'd advertise where I was hunting and then call down a bunch of other people on the forum..... Nor would I take someone's tires off while parked on your inlaws land. Probably get yourself a criminal record, and buddy who you just taught a lesson will get a 150 dollar fine, but should be able to recover that money from what ever he sues you for, Sounds dumb. I wonder how many local game wardens have read your post already and are waiting for this to happen. Personally if I was a game warden I'd read this forum in my spare time for some self motivated files. I'm not a GW by the way, hypothetical
Old 12-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsMav View Post
No, thats absolutely a myth. I can post my land to my hearts content and wave at you from my tree stand
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull master View Post
If you would read earlier threads you would see that I was wrong and gladly admitted it. Why do people post without reading the whole story????????? Would you shoot at a bull elk before counting the points?????
Yes he did in fact admit that he was mistaken,and FWIW,as soon as I read the "No Hunting signs also apply to the landowner...." comment I knew there was a down east connection.
FYI,in NB,it is NOT an urban myth,it is in FACT the law in regards to posting NO HUNTING also aplies to the landowner.Signs can be either written words,ie;No Hunting/No trespassing or the land in NB can be posted with Red or Yellow 8" discs or painted bands on trees/fenceposts etc.
Yellow discs signify No Trespassing/Hunting by permission only.
Red discs or bands mean NO HUNTING including the landowner.
With all of the Maritimers in AB,it's no big surprise to me that this "myth" keeps resufacing?
Also FWIW,in NB at least,approximately 50% of the land is Crown,and another 20% is classed Industrial Freeholdf.In regards to the remaining titled 30%,if it's not posted with either discs,bands,or with written word No Hunting/Trespassing,then it is generally presumed to be ok to hunt there/owner is indifferent....wutever?Basically if its not posted,yer good to go?
That said,it's my theory that "some" maritimers that are accustomed to the "not posted/good to go" laid back atmosphere in NB might in fact be trespassing in AB and mistakingly using the excuse "it's not posted/I thought it was ok etc,etc."......not that I'm excusing them for not knowing the laws in AB.....jest sayn,in over 30years hunting in NB,I asked permission to hunt on private farmland exactly ONCE in my life.Honestly,if the landowners there do not want you or any hunting there,they will have discs,bands,or signs up to that effect,and as long as you are not violating the minimum distance from dwelling discharge laws(400m rifle,200m shotgun/ML,100m bow)....then no worries.....thats simply just the way it is.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Yes he did in fact admit that he was mistaken,and FWIW,as soon as I read the "No Hunting signs also apply to the landowner...." comment I knew there was a down east connection.
FYI,in NB,it is NOT an urban myth,it is in FACT the law in regards to posting NO HUNTING also aplies to the landowner.Signs can be either written words,ie;No Hunting/No trespassing or the land in NB can be posted with Red or Yellow 8" discs or painted bands on trees/fenceposts etc.
Yellow discs signify No Trespassing/Hunting by permission only.
Red discs or bands mean NO HUNTING including the landowner.
With all of the Maritimers in AB,it's no big surprise to me that this "myth" keeps resufacing?
Also FWIW,in NB at least,approximately 50% of the land is Crown,and another 20% is classed Industrial Freeholdf.In regards to the remaining titled 30%,if it's not posted with either discs,bands,or with written word No Hunting/Trespassing,then it is generally presumed to be ok to hunt there/owner is indifferent....wutever?Basically if its not posted,yer good to go?
That said,it's my theory that "some" maritimers that are accustomed to the "not posted/good to go" laid back atmosphere in NB might in fact be trespassing in AB and mistakingly using the excuse "it's not posted/I thought it was ok etc,etc."......not that I'm excusing them for not knowing the laws in AB.....jest sayn,in over 30years hunting in NB,I asked permission to hunt on private farmland exactly ONCE in my life.Honestly,if the landowners there do not want you or any hunting there,they will have discs,bands,or signs up to that effect,and as long as you are not violating the minimum distance from dwelling discharge laws(400m rifle,200m shotgun/ML,100m bow)....then no worries.....thats simply just the way it is.
Thanx grinnr , explains some of the comments we are getting from trespassers . Doesn't make it right just easier to understand .