Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-06-2023, 01:22 PM

Default Rockys Sausage Haus

I'm not sure I'll have time to make my own sausage this year, so I was just wondering if anyone had any input on Rockys? I had him make some sausage years ago and it was excellent but I remember reading issues that people were seeing really wrong wait times and having trouble getting a hold of him a few seasons ago. I can't recall if the shop shut down, or maybe a different issue.

Does he have a new shop now? Any recent reports on quality/wait times?
Old 11-06-2023, 06:35 PM

While I'm not 100% sure of the details, I think Rocky's Sausage Haus went out of business. Rocky now operates out of the Chuck & Shoulder in The South Calgary Farmer's Market, and I don't think he does wild game any longer.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear he's not doing wild game any longer. On that note, has anybody tried Rick's for sausage? How does it compare to Rocky's?
Old 11-07-2023, 10:53 AM

Go see Rocky in person at the Calgary Farmer's Market and tell him what you're looking for. You will likely be taken care of

Rick's is good, but he ain't Rocky when it comes to sausages.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Thanks for the info, sorry to hear he's not doing wild game any longer. On that note, has anybody tried Rick's for sausage? How does it compare to Rocky's?
I’ve used Ricks for a few years now and have been completely satisfied. I love the jap cheddar but it’s a little too hot for the family. We usually get the cheddar sausage, mild Italian, polish sausage (tastes like garlic coil),
And the honey garlic pepperoni sticks. The dry salami is also incredible but it takes a while to make. I’ve never got a product from them that I was disappointed with. Their jerky is also incredible.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:59 AM

Default ricks

I am not fussy on his peperoni .jerky is ok .Hot Italian sausage is great .Salami is great . My opinion
Old 11-13-2023, 08:19 PM

What’s Ricks business name/contact info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2023, 08:34 PM

Rick’s wild game
(403) 605-1546
Old 11-14-2023, 06:33 AM

We've had a few elk done by Rick now over the last few years. Everything he's done is great. Even if you just get cut/wrap they do a really good job trimming, packing, labeling, etc. Talking to him it sounded like a lot of his guys work at the nearby Cargill and work for him in the off-hours so they're all pretty experienced at cutting meat.
And yeah the jalapeño cheddar sausages are awesome, along with all the other flavors we've tried. Sounds like we should have gotten some salami done up though. Maybe next year, hopefully.