Old 03-14-2024, 04:26 PM

Default Shootout in Calgary

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...t=share_button

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-14-2024, 04:28 PM

Scary thing is it's happening in all quadrants of the City, but does seem to be more common in the NE. Just had a shooting a few weeks ago in the NW walking distance from my home.
Old 03-14-2024, 04:33 PM

Just another day in the hood…
Old 03-14-2024, 05:00 PM

I don’t miss living in cities

Calgary is still tame compared to the lower mainland though
Old 03-14-2024, 05:05 PM

I lived in LA, our machine shop was in the bad part of town. This is nothing.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:56 PM

Got caught up in the roadblocks and traffic jams on this coming home.....they had several routes and side streets closed off and everyone was trying to jockey around......as soon as I saw the HAWKS chopper I new it wasn't a traffic jam so pulled a 180 and headed back to get around it.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:33 PM

Not far from my sisters house they live on 52 and Manora that whole neighborhood has been going to the crapper for a long time now

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Just another day in the hood…
Double stabbing in Sundre a couple of days ago, seems no place is immune.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-14-2024, 10:14 PM

According to AI.

Question: What do you do when shot at?

Answer: Return fire.

Question + Answer = Shootout

Makes mathematical sense.

Old 03-15-2024, 05:21 AM

This guy is still holed up 14+ hours later.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:27 AM

Damn gun owners - the government should probably ban more guns - seems to be working pretty well so far
Old 03-15-2024, 05:45 AM

I live a few blocks from this event, and the police helicopter has been in the air all night. I wonder what the cost to operate HAWCS for that long is?
Old 03-15-2024, 07:41 AM

Default If there are no freindlies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZKDSQxXjVY
Old 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM

Hopefully the shooter is killed, at least saving the taxpayers future costs, for trials, incarceration etc. And deceased criminals don't reoffend and put the public at risk again.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Hopefully the shooter is killed, at least saving the taxpayers future costs, for trials, incarceration etc. And deceased criminals don't reoffend and put the public at risk again.
Interesting, what do you know that hasn't been released to the public ?

From what I know, police were shot at while trying to execute a search warrant. No injuries reported as from what is public.

So why do you feel this individual needs to be put to death ? Don't you think it is a bit extreme to wish death on someone ?
Old 03-15-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Interesting, what do you know that hasn't been released to the public ?

From what I know, police were shot at while trying to execute a search warrant. No injuries reported as from what is public.

So why do you feel this individual needs to be put to death ? Don't you think it is a bit extreme to wish death on someone ?
The fact that the suspect fired at the police indicates that the suspect was willing to use lethal force against the police. If the suspect is taken alive, he/she will almost certainly be released again, and will once again be a risk to the public. So it won't hurt my feelings one bit if the suspect is eliminated from society, and can never again threaten the lives of other citizens.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The fact that the suspect fired at the police indicates that the suspect was willing to use lethal force against the police. If the suspect is taken alive, he/she will almost certainly be released again, and will once again be a risk to the public. So it won't hurt my feelings one bit if the suspect is eliminated from society, and can never again threaten the lives of other citizens.
So far there really are no "facts", shots may have been into the air, may have been a starter pistol for all we know.

We should let our courts determine the fate of this individual, court of public opinion usually does not have facts, only emotions to convict.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:15 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
So far there really are no "facts", shots may have been into the air, may have been a starter pistol for all we know.

We should let our courts determine the fate of this individual, court of public opinion usually does not have facts, only emotions to convict.
Being served a warrant, shooting anything that goes bang at the cops, causing as multi day stand-off with said cops screwing up an entire neighbourhood = Feel sorry for this individual and give him a chance? Bwahahahahahaaa!

Just his level of stupidity earned him everything he gets.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 03-15-2024, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Bah, everyone knows that mechanical broadheads aren't effective.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Being served a warrant, shooting anything that goes bang at the cops, causing as multi day stand-off with said cops screwing up an entire neighbourhood = Feel sorry for this individual and give him a chance? Bwahahahahahaaa!

Just his level of stupidity earned him everything he gets.
Who says I feel sorry for this individual ? I just questioned the idealism of the court of public opinion wishing death on the individual with-out any real facts Bob.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:26 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Who says I feel sorry for this individual ? I just questioned the idealism of the court of public opinion wishing death on the individual with-out any real facts Bob.
Sometimes the situation dictates the reaction... The fact is this guy could be the most misunderstood, misrepresented, golden citizen of the century, but he got served a warrant and now has buried a big chunk of a major city in an armed standoff with the cops, and it is still going on. The minutia of the situation is irrelevant as to what got it there. He could have surrendered and waited for a lawyer but chose not to.

The results are his own fault.

*edit* I will concede though we do not know the specifics of what lead to a warrant. That is all speculation until we know otherwise. Again though, that is not what is motivating peoples reactions here... It is how we ended up where we are at this moment.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 03-15-2024, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I live a few blocks from this event, and the police helicopter has been in the air all night. I wonder what the cost to operate HAWCS for that long is?
The same amount it would be looking for your lost child....

They are duty bound; it is the cost of doing business and money is not a factor in some instances.

As for the exact incident location itself; if the police are met with deadly force then they return with deadly force....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 03-15-2024 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Sometimes the situation dictates the reaction... The fact is this guy could be the most misunderstood, misrepresented, golden citizen of the century, but he got served a warrant and now has buried a big chunk of a major city in an armed standoff with the cops, and it is still going on. The minutia of the situation is irrelevant as to what got it there. He could have surrendered and waited for a lawyer but chose not to.

The results are his own fault.
Let's slow this down a bit..... I commented to Elk about wishing death onto someone, a bit extreme in my mind. The lack of facts certainly does not warrant a death sentence to this individual.

I don't support the incident, nor the reaction...
Old 03-15-2024, 09:46 AM

Don’t let the facts get in the way, as long as the guns are out may as well shoot someone.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Let's slow this down a bit..... I commented to Elk about wishing death onto someone, a bit extreme in my mind. The lack of facts certainly does not warrant a death sentence to this individual.

That's fair, Sledhead71.

I keep thinking about what will happen to us when the Great Gun Confiscation comes. So many people post on social media about how they won't hand their guns over.

The media will be full of reports of "Man with cache of guns in house involved with standoff with police". The court of public opinion would not be on that person's side.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:

A year ago two EPS officers showed up to a home for a complaint and were shot and killed. If either of those police officers were my son, daughter, brother, father etc., I would want the shooter shot and killed.

Shooting at a gun at a police officer, setting off a starting pistol, shooting in the air, should be returned with lethal and deadly force.

BW
Old 03-15-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
The same amount it would be looking for your lost child....

They are duty bound; it is the cost of doing business and money is not a factor in some instances.
They aren't looking for a child, they were circling a house surrounded by dozens of CPS and RCMP for over 12 hours. If it cost $10,000 / hour to operate, was that a good use of resources? I'm all for officer safety, public safety, etc., but we don't have an endless supply of funding, unless we use Trudeau Math.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
They aren't looking for a child, they were circling a house surrounded by dozens of CPS and RCMP for over 12 hours. If it cost $10,000 / hour to operate, was that a good use of resources? I'm all for officer safety, public safety, etc., but we don't have an endless supply of funding, unless we use Trudeau Math.
Your Calgary council and budget are Liberals.......

IMHO, and eye in the sky is better than on the ground; tactically speaking, high ground advantage....Just sayin...

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:08 AM

Put a hole in him. Send a message to all the other losers that put Law Enforcement and the Public in danger. You shoot at people it's not ending good.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:22 AM

While Hawcs is invaluable, they could get even better intel from 2-3 drones with IR cameras hovering low around the residence, at both less expense & less disruption to residents. That said, the chopper has a different psychological effect on the perp (if they’re sane or not high as a kite, anyways).

Hawc’s is certainly great for getting around the city & for following vehicles, but in a stationary situation such as this, drones can get way closer & pick up better footage for way less $$