Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-02-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Need Help... Very confused

Well. hunting season is over... so being new to the area and from the east were in order to get rabbits you had to go to your local store and buy a rabbit licence. Now here I am in Alberta talking to few guys and they are telling me I don't need anything.. Just go to Canadian tire buy a roll of snare wire, Make some snare go into the wood and get some rabbits...

While this do sound lovely something is just not right... so what do I need to Snare rabbits. and howmuch is it going to cost. I am not keeping the fur I just like the meat. so Help for me is needed.........

I checked the hunting book and they never said anything clearly. I check the trapping book and could not find the words hare or rabbit throughout the book... . help...
Old 12-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Hunter View Post
Well. hunting season is over... so being new to the area and from the east were in order to get rabbits you had to go to your local store and buy a rabbit licence. Now here I am in Alberta talking to few guys and they are telling me I don't need anything.. Just go to Canadian tire buy a roll of snare wire, Make some snare go into the wood and get some rabbits...

While this do sound lovely something is just not right... so what do I need to Snare rabbits. and howmuch is it going to cost. I am not keeping the fur I just like the meat. so Help for me is needed.........

I checked the hunting book and they never said anything clearly. I check the trapping book and could not find the words hare or rabbit throughout the book... . help...
I am not totally sure on this but I would suspect you need a Fur management Licence. $$22.00
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM

No licence required, any land you have acess(permission) to crown land snare away, jut be cautious of where dont wanna a cat in there, or disturbs some trappers sets have fun
cory
Old 12-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

Rather than snaring its much for fun to hunt and shoot them. No license required or bag limits.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Just go to the forestry and shoot or snare as many as you need ,they are considered vermin although you still must be ethical and follow regulations about snare type and size , and check your snares regularly ,as well as pull them when you are done with them .