Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2011, 11:38 AM

Default Access to Blackett lake.

Does anyone know if the trail in to Blackett from the south is accessible by ATV pulling a 14 foot boat on a trailer. Trying to save the long boat ride through Jackson. thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Default The Trail is Closed

The Park is closed because of fire ban
Old 06-04-2011, 12:52 PM

They closed the Park or there is a fire ban on. Sounds weird that they would just close it?!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:32 PM

I had something on here about this a couple of weeks ago. Search Lakeland provincial park. There was a couple links people posted that showed the park is closed till the fire ban is lifted
Old 06-04-2011, 01:35 PM

[url]http://www.albertaparks.ca/siteinformation.aspx?id=280[/url

I got the same notice of no backcountry travel in lakeland park because of the fire hazard in one of my emails from SRD for the wildfire status updates. This is clipped from the email from SRD:

Fire Restrictions
Due to windy conditions and high wildfire risks, fire bans are now in place across the province on all land in Alberta. The fire bans are effective immediately, and until further notice.

For current fire ban information, visit www.albertafirebans.ca

A travel ban is also in place for Lakeland Provincial Park and Lakeland Provincial Recreation Area for travel into the backcountry on all trails due to the severe weather conditions. For more information on provincial parks, visit www.albertaparks.ca.

Last edited by o.w.l; 06-04-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Default Yes there is a way in from the south

Hi: I kayaked through there last year and met up with a bunch of real good guys. They get their aluminum boat, motor and camp in but with ARGOS only. It is very swampy in places and apparently only argos can make it in. You can make it from the north into Jackson On Mile 10 trail with quads pulling a smaller boat/tub trailer. Then you need to motor all the way across jackson, into kinnard then south to blackett. It will take you about an hour with a 9 horse.

http://www.albertaparks.ca/pubsandme...nd-map-web.pdf

Hoopi
Old 06-05-2011, 12:44 AM

We used to quad into Blackett all the time in high school, it was a yearly trip for us and we were usually some of the only people out there. Quadding in used to be tough but they have improved the trail so much now that it's not any work getting in and these lakes are getting more summer pressure. Quadsimg in with a boat wouldn't be hard, we usually have the boat on a different trailer. I think it's too bad that they have made th trail what it is, the challenge and difficult acess is what kept the fishing pressure down. Good luck fishing.