Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM

Default can anyone give me info on hunting namaka lake

im new to bird hunting and live in calgary and heard about a place called namaka lake.
i was just hopeing that some people could share there experiences with me on this area.
any info would be awesome thanxs
Joel
Old 09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned

Its good but careful were you go. Some areas have feeders and are not hunting zones.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 AM

you can hunt both waterfowl and pheasants in season. In my limited experience most of the shots are pass shooting. There are several buck for wildlife public access points
Old 09-24-2009, 11:49 AM

We used to hunt there regularily back when we waterfowled, I am sure it's not a secret, when heading east, go past the lake to the first side road, then turn south, drive past a farmhouse ( the road pratically goes through their yard) the buck for wildlife parking lot is about 100 yrds past the homestead. We used to hike down from the parking lot and setup on the pennisula between the 2 bodies of water. It is mostly passing shots and after a few weeks you will need a gun with a range of a couple hundred yards. As for the pheasant, the gov. does release birds the odd time there but it is really hit and miss and the last time we were in there someone had run cattle on the land and any pheasant habitat was destroyed but we havn't been for a few years. Enjoy but get there early, being so close town it does get hit hard.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 PM

has anyone been there more recently, and from the sounds of things it might get to busy for the opener hey?
does anyone know any other spots close to calgary that would be a good area to start in?