Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-21-2014, 04:48 PM

well it looks like iam firming up my hunting date to nov15 to nov22 going up to nojack .
I have a 12x14 walltent stove and all the gear . I have one other person coming on the hunt room for one more . You need a sleeping bag and thats about it . I will be bringing most of the food . you just have to help out with fuel costs and some of the groceries.

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 09-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Default Whitetail and/or Elk hunting land?

Hi to all at Alberta Outdoorsman,

Are there any landowners within 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive of the Edmonton/Spruce Grove/Parkland County areas in Alberta that will allow 1 hunter to harvest a whitetail deer this rifle season (Nov/Dec 2014)? I am 50 years of age, and a retired Canadian Forces Veteran with many years of safe hunting and firearms handling experience. Hunting land is scarce in the Edmonton/Parkland areas, unless you know landowners. I have only been in Alberta for 3 years now, and miss being able to harvest a deer each year. So, if you have land with an excessive deer population, and would not mind 1 or 2 harvested from it, please consider letting me know. I will of course answer any questions you have via email, and meet with you in person first, so you can decide then on granting me permission.
Or, if there are any fellow hunters who already have permission to hunt private land, and would not mind offering an invitation to hunt to a Veteran and new arrival to Alberta, please let me know.
Submitted respectfully for your consideration, Regards, CelticKnight.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
well it looks like iam firming up my hunting date to nov15 to nov22 going up to nojack .
I have a 12x14 walltent stove and all the gear . I have one other person coming on the hunt room for one more . You need a sleeping bag and thats about it . I will be bringing most of the food . you just have to help out with fuel costs and some of the groceries.
Hi Recce,
I sent an email message.
Salute,
CelticKnight
Old 09-23-2014, 11:33 AM

looking for a hunting partner . Going to wmu 338 near nitton junction . I have a 12x14 walltent with wood stove and all the other gear for camp plus i have a extra cot. all you have to do is bring a warm sleeping bag and any snacks you like . or a meal or two . I will be providing most of the food and fuel all i ask is that you help pay for fuel and food and help around the camp . I have one other person going who hunted with me last year.
Wmu is general whitetail and supp white tail and gen elk tag. I have had great success in this zone . Hunting Nove 15 for a week I live in airdrie and can pick up if you are on the way
Thanks
Shawn

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”

Last edited by recce43; 09-23-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:44 AM

Default hunting partner

might be looking for a good hunting partner must have experience,
for ducks , geese with own gear , possiblity for big game prefer west of edm
Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 PM

Default Elk in WMU 353?

I've got an anterless elk tag in 353, but have never been hunting before. Anyone heading out that way who'd be willing to take a newbie along?

Alternately, anyone know of huntable land out there? The ESRD Rec Access tool is utterly unusable.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:12 PM

Try iHunter Alberta app. It has agricultural land.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:21 PM

Hey everyone looking to do some goose hunting. But have never done it before. I am 29 yo. And from red deer. I have a goose call ( still learning to use it) and a dozen decoys. Pm me as I really want to learn
Old 09-27-2014, 10:44 AM

Default Ducks and geese, Edmonton area

Hey there all,
I'm good to go on most weekday mornings and any free weekends. Have a few dekes and canoe if needed. It'd be great to get out with someone who knows more than I do which is a bit but not a ton. Or anyone who just feels like getting up and having a go at it.
Let me know!
Old 09-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Banned

Hi I am looking for a bow hunting partner to hunt Elk and Moose, anyone interested?
Old 09-28-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Hi I am looking for a bow hunting partner to hunt Elk and Moose, anyone interested?
I'm interested. Never hunted before. Looking for some mentorship. I have a bow that's almost sited in.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:56 PM

Hey everyone I am interested in getting into hunting and am completely green when it comes to it. I will be working on getting all the proper licenses and gear etc. this year to prepare for next hunting season. Before that time comes I would really like to go into it with the proper knowledge and know how to insure a safe and respectable hunt each and every time. I am looking for any hunters that are willing to have me tag along just to "watch and learn" (not hunt) this season. I have my own vehicle and am willing to help with any other accommodations. Im aware you can take courses etc. but I learn a lot better by actually seeing and doing.

I am interested in deer, elk and moose and will be looking into hunting with a bow or crossbow. I am a 22 mature male and I live in Edmonton and open to traveling. Looking forward to learning the right way the first time hope to hear from some of you guys thanks!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:43 PM

Default Deer hunter

Going out deer hunting NOW. Anywhere within a couple hours of Calgary.
New hunter but have all my gear and scope sighted in.
If anyone is looking for a hunting partner let me know.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:08 AM

Default hunting partner?

Also looking for a hunting partner. I'm a 23 year old mature male in the Edmonton area. Don't have my PAAL so I'm using a bow. Green as they come, never hunted before but it is something I'm really interested in. Have all my liceneces, but more or less looking for some one to teach my the ways and spots I can hunt on. DM if you want a "hunting student". Travel really isn't a issue.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:01 PM

Default Looking for a Hunting Mentor

Ok, This will be a long post, but please, if you are a waterfowl or deer/elk/moose hunter in the Edmonton area, and are interested in taking a beginner please read on, and through this post.

Where to start? I am 30 years old, love being outside, have been duck hunting once and own my own shotgun and rifle. I go shooting clays more than I go to the range to shoot my rifle but enjoy both.

A few of my buddies are hunters but they are mostly in Ontario making it difficult to hunt with them. I really enjoy being outdoors am an avid camper and just don't know how to really get started hunting.

Where am I right now?

I have my PAL and WIN card and I had my whitetail licence last year in hopes of going out with a friend but it never materialized.

What will I bring to the table?
I will bring ALL of my own equipment; I will not rely on my mentor to supply me with any equipment.
2007 4x4 quad cab pick up
Enthusiasm to learn everything I can.
A positive attitude.
Eagerness to do well
Willing to travel to hunting locations of the mentor’s choice

What I am looking my mentor to bring?
Experience in hunting
Patience
The ability to teach someone the bare basics of hunting.
How to process the animals in the field and once home.
Professionalism, someone who treats the animal with respect, regardless of the fact we are hunting it.

I am willing to pay half the cost of the mentors tags, fuel, ammo, lunch etc. as I realize you are spending your precious time teaching me.

I am really hoping someone in the Edmonton area (I am based in Edmonton) will be interested but I have no problem travelling within AB. I know the season is already underway but I would like to find someone who can help me here and there and get me pointed in the right direction.

Can’t wait to hear from some of you!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Default Sheep hunting

I'm looking for a hunting partner who would be willing to do a multiday backpack big horn sheep trip. I had Willmore in mind but would be flexible on we're we went. I am a 30 year with moderate sheep hunting experience, I have all my gear and normally am not opposed to do a multiday solo trip but can't do that to my wife anymore especially with the recent tragedy in kananaskis country. I am starting a month long vacation so I would just have to work around my wife's schedule. I live in Edmonton pm me if your interested.

Tuxie
Old 10-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Default In Lethbridge

Hi im 41old good fit, in lethbridge looking for hunting partner , wmu 305 or 108.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:29 AM

Default Green Hunters

There are rewards to taking out green hunters as I have 2 this year. Always excited of course and so far they have missed everything including several grouse, 3 moose 1 calf moose, 1 cow moose and a few rabbits. Its been fun teaching them and the looks on thier faces when they see game. Its all worth it. The closest encounter was 3 feet with a bull moose. The kid was shaking but as explained, if you call they will come to the call.

If your thinking of teaching someone give it a try you'll learn from the experience too!

Cheers

ASAT

Being defeated is optional!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Default Edmonton

Looking for anyone headed to a rifle range in the edmonton area, that i can be a guest of. I live in spruce grove. Have to sight in my gun before hunting season. All the ranges were full this year.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Default Partner/ mentor for 408 wanted

Hi, I'm looking for a partner to hunt the 408 for safety and to learn from someone more experienced/ knowledgeable.
I've been drawn for antlerless Elk & Mulie there.
About me: I've been hunting for a handful of years but I don't think I'm really that experienced or knowledgeable.
I started with a bow (still interested) as the 410 is convenient but without a hunting background it was too difficult to put meat in the freezer.
I switched to rifle a few years ago and got a mule deer in the Ghost area.
I'm late forties, fit, responsible/ ethical, have my own gear (except game cart), and have a fairly flexible schedule.
I've already been out there on my own and would do it again, but I think it would be better with someone else and the more I can learn the better.
If anyone is interested in hunting the 408 together please PM me.
Also any advice is always welcome.
Thanks for your time.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 PM

Sent you a message phased
Old 10-09-2014, 12:08 PM

Default Sheep hunting partner

Is there anyone out there that is looking for a sheep hunting partner for kaninaskis country. I live in dewinton am 28 years old in great shape and have hunted sheep for just about every big game in Alberta minus goat and bison. I am a experienced hunter am looking for someone that is willing to put the miles on in the back country with me to look for some sheep. My gf says I cant go alone anymore but if anyone is interested in setting up a weekday sheep hunt in kaninaskis pm message me Thanks
Old 10-09-2014, 01:26 PM

Thinking of heading to the Strathmore Release site on the 16th. Wondering if anyone else wants to tag along......don't have a dog so it might be a little difficult.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:41 PM

Default good thread

well said
Old 10-14-2014, 06:00 PM

Default Needs a Clue

I would love to join someone on a whitetail hunt. I am a very novice hunter, been a member of the Sherwood Park range for going on three years now, but I lack any field experience. I am looking for an experienced hunter to simply learn from. I don't expect to be guided, and I don't expect to have a deer served up. I would just like to follow, to learn some dos and don'ts, help carry gear, help with field dressing, and help carry it all back out again. I feel I ought to be a little more familiar with the "after" part, before I actually try and point my rifle at more than a range target!

I have my PAL, WIN, and Hunters Education Card. But there is only so far courses and ranges can take a person.

Ideally, I would like to head out to the Sherwood Park area, or some place closer to Edmonton than Calgary.

Thanks for reading!
Old 10-14-2014, 06:38 PM

Hi I'm interested in a couple things!
First of all I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has no use for the deer hide and would be willing to donate it! I'm wanting to try and make some rawhide this year. I would also be interested in going out hunting with you and learn how to clean the deer. I hope this peaks someones interest!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Default Field Hunts

Hey all,
Looking for some people to join up with for some field shoots for geese and duck around Calgary but will drive distances.
I can provide over 70+ Full bodies, shells and full body mallards to the spread. I got my own layout as well.
Am 32yrs old, married with a 2month old baby boy. Stable individual with respect for all game and laws. I can be very flexible with days to hunt but Sundays and Mondays are good to go anytime.
Thanks for reading.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:03 PM

Default Can you hunt.....

I am willing to take a new hunter out this Saturday from the Edmonton area. Pm me if interested. For WT Deer.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunezilla View Post
I am willing to take a new hunter out this Saturday from the Edmonton area. Pm me if interested. For WT Deer.

I really appreciate the offer but I unfortunately have other commitments this weekend. Let me know when you head out again
Old 10-16-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Og Dumi View Post
I really appreciate the offer but I unfortunately have other commitments this weekend. Let me know when you head out again
I will keep you in mind.