Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-30-2017, 07:49 PM

Exclamation Clarification for the Supplemental Antlerless White-tailed Deer Licence

The regulations states the following regarding the license

"The Supplemental Antlerless White-tailed Deer Licence is issued with two tags.

The FIRST tag issued with the licence (but NOT the second tag) is valid for tagging a deer hunted in one of the following WMUs: 310-314, 322, 324, 330, 332, 336-349, 351, 354, 356, 357, 360, 436-439, 505, 507-510, 523, 526, 527, 535 and 537.

Both tags are valid for tagging a deer(s) hunted in any of the following WMUs: 350, 352, 353, 355, 440-446, 511, 512, 515-521, 524, 525, 528-531, 534, 536, 539, 540, 542 and 544. "

My question is, can I harvest two Antlerless White-tailed Deers in other WMU's that are not mentioned above or is this license only for the above mentioned WMU's. I'm a new hunter and want to clarify this before i go hunting on the weekend. Thank you in advance for the clarification.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:53 PM

Default Only wmu's mentioned.

The suplimental doe tags at only good for the wmu's mentioned. Some are first tag only as it states and some are first and second tag.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
The suplimental doe tags at only good for the wmu's mentioned. Some are first tag only as it states and some are first and second tag.
This exactly
Old 10-30-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
Then do i need another tag to hunt doe in other WMU's and how many can i shoot
Old 10-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Banned

Tags do not go by doe or buck it’s anterless or antlered you can buy a general tag and use it for either antlered or antlerless supplemental tags are only good for zones mentioned above.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
Tags do not go by doe or buck it’s anterless or antlered you can buy a general tag and use it for either antlered or antlerless supplemental tags are only good for zones mentioned above.
Okay thanks for clarifying. The general tag can be used for an Antlered or Antlerless whitetail deer and the supplemental antlerless tags can only be used in the specified WMU's.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-Hunter1 View Post
Okay thanks for clarifying. The general tag can be used for an Antlered or Antlerless whitetail deer and the supplemental antlerless tags can only be used in the specified WMU's.
Read the regs! Every WMU has its own set of rules. A general tag is not good in every zone for both antlered and antlerless.

The rules are not all encompassing, they are all zone specific. Without knowing the WMU we cannot give you a definitive answer.

Did I mention to read the regs?

LC
Old 10-30-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Read the regs! Every WMU has its own set of rules. A general tag is not good in every zone for both antlered and antlerless.

The rules are not all encompassing, they are all zone specific. Without knowing the WMU we cannot give you a definitive answer.

Did I mention to read the regs?

LC
I understand that the General tag is used based on the WMU's regulation you are hunting in. I just gave a shortcut answer above. Thank you for doing your due diligence.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:13 PM

Default You got it figured now.

Quote:
Good luck fillin your tags.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
I understand that the General tag is used based on the WMU's regulation you are hunting in. I just gave a shortcut answer above. Thank you for doing your due diligence.
to be clear, he is not doing his due diligence, he is trying to tell you to do yours, id suggest hunting with a mentor until you get it figured out or the fish cops may be giving you some information,,,,,,in court
Old 10-31-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
to be clear, he is not doing his due diligence, he is trying to tell you to do yours, id suggest hunting with a mentor until you get it figured out or the fish cops may be giving you some information,,,,,,in court
I been hunting with my dad for a long time but this year is my first year purchasing tags. I needed clarification on the tag system. And I got it from this forum and F&W. People need to stop getting triggered.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I been hunting with my dad for a long time but this year is my first year purchasing tags. I needed clarification on the tag system. And I got it from this forum and F&W. People need to stop getting triggered.
Answering your question quoting the regs is "getting triggered"?

Hope the weather is good for your hunting and doesnt melt the fragile snowflakes.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Answering your question quoting the regs is "getting triggered"?

Hope the weather is good for your hunting and doesnt melt the fragile snowflakes.
Thanks I hope the weather is also good for you, btw my questions were answered by other individuals. No need to keep on adding to this thread
Old 10-31-2017, 09:57 AM

I would get the IHunter app. It’s helpful in determining what you can and can’t hunt in a WMU with or without a draw. I find it easier than the reg book.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
I would get the IHunter app. It’s helpful in determining what you can and can’t hunt in a WMU with or without a draw. I find it easier than the reg book.
Okay thanks. I will check the app out.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:04 AM

You sound very green, that’s ok we all were at some point but many of us were fortunate enough to learn from other skilled hunters. You do know the difference between a WT doe and a MD doe I hope? Wouldn’t be the first time a green hunter saw a set of ears in the bush and shot only to find out it wasn’t what he had a tag for.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt.Hanger View Post
You sound very green, that’s ok we all were at some point but many of us were fortunate enough to learn from other skilled hunters. You do know the difference between a WT doe and a MD doe I hope? Wouldn’t be the first time a green hunter saw a set of ears in the bush and shot only to find out it wasn’t what he had a tag for.
Yes I do know the difference between WT doe and MD doe. I'm a minor Hunter (hence the silly questions) and have been learning from my dad. But he is out of province this season. So I will be going with my dad's friend. That's why I wanted to clarify the tags for WT deer. Btw what does it mean by green hunter?
Old 10-31-2017, 11:33 AM

Good on the OP for trying to gain the clarifications! Be careful out there and if you don't know, ask.

On a funny side note: collectively, we need to be extremely careful some of the guys who don't understand "antlerless" don't see this thread.
The other thread where they didn't understand what an anterlered moose was, was the thread of the year.
With this one we'll end up with maps, numbers, people circling does, people depicting spotted fawns and the whole nine yards!!!

Someone needs to read this thread to Chow's variety in Fort McMurray!
At Chows:
They are under the assumption they can't even sell you the supplemental tags without first buying a general tag...the battle is uphill, steep, and very real.

When I tried to explain...
"I've traditionally carried the supplemental tags to get some deer meat, then to focus on a buck in November, I'd buy a general tag." Her eyes bugged out of her head and she told me: "you've been in violation for a decade!!!"

When I got into the some of the licencing specifics in the bow zone her eyes bugged out of her head and I think she thought I worked at NASA.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
young man,,,when you ask a question on an open forum, there are no rules to what the answer is. if you would have said that you had a mentor than that suggestion may not have been raised. If you would have said you already talked to F&W then there was no need for any answers from us as you would have gotten all the correct info you needed. Unfortunately what you think you thought you ment to ask may, or may not have been what we think you thought you may have figgered you may or may not have wanted to ask. How was that for a trigger young feller! in other words if your clear on what you want to know then provide all the information that people need to help or its all a waste of time and most of the stuff that clearly offends you wont be written, BTW there are lots of real good vids on U-Tube on how to gut a critter if your new to that.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
young man,,,when you ask a question on an open forum, there are no rules to what the answer is. if you would have said that you had a mentor than that suggestion may not have been raised. If you would have said you already talked to F&W then there was no need for any answers from us as you would have gotten all the correct info you needed. Unfortunately what you think you thought you ment to ask may, or may not have been what we think you thought you may have figgered you may or may not have wanted to ask. How was that for a trigger young feller! in other words if your clear on what you want to know then provide all the information that people need to help or its all a waste of time and most of the stuff that clearly offends you wont be written, BTW there are lots of real good vids on U-Tube on how to gut a critter if your new to that.
Okay thanks I will be more clear with my questions in the future
Old 10-31-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisb View Post
Good on the OP for trying to gain the clarifications! Be careful out there and if you don't know, ask.

On a funny side note: collectively, we need to be extremely careful some of the guys who don't understand "antlerless" don't see this thread.
The other thread where they didn't understand what an anterlered moose was, was the thread of the year.
With this one we'll end up with maps, numbers, people circling does, people depicting spotted fawns and the whole nine yards!!!

Someone needs to read this thread to Chow's variety in Fort McMurray!
At Chows:
They are under the assumption they can't even sell you the supplemental tags without first buying a general tag...the battle is uphill, steep, and very real.

When I tried to explain...
"I've traditionally carried the supplemental tags to get some deer meat, then to focus on a buck in November, I'd buy a general tag." Her eyes bugged out of her head and she told me: "you've been in violation for a decade!!!"

When I got into the some of the licencing specifics in the bow zone her eyes bugged out of her head and I think she thought I worked at NASA.
I already explained that too someone at Chow's last year, and the Mule deer general as well.
Cat
Old 11-01-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I already explained that too someone at Chow's last year, and the Mule deer general as well.
Cat
lol no kidding.
Year before last I gave up.
Last year I gave up on it again and went to Canadian Tire. Which was also like pulling teeth.
This year I gave up on the lady downtown, went up to Chows in Thickwood and it was no questions asked...

Tags
doe, hunting, regulations, tags, whitetail