Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Default Pizza Hut Hot Dog in the Crust Pizza

Like someone else mentioned today seems like a slow day.

So have any of you city folks tried the Pizza Hut - Hot Dog in the Crust Pizza?

Curious as to what it tastes like as in did they jazz up the hot dog, etc.

I made what I termed "Hot Dog Surprise" the other night. YEP you got it Hog Dogs rolled in to the edge of the pizza crust. KegRiver liked it and so did I but I am curious about what the Pizza Hut version tastes/tasted like.

Anyone who sampled it I would like your input.

I will make this again. Any Guides up this way that like hot dogs and pizza just gotta let me know in enough time so I can have the dough made and they can get hot dog surprise too.

I know good thing I am already married as adding this to my recipe file would not necessarily attract a husband who was looking for a cook.............
Old 10-28-2012, 04:25 PM

Prabably not as good as your would
Old 10-28-2012, 04:26 PM

wanted to eat my t.v when i saw it..... maybe tonight ill try it. i like the crusts with cheese filled in them....... actually the possibilitys are endless..... could fill a pizza crust with multiple things so that each slice had something different in it...... call it pizza surprise! hotdog, cheese, pickle, shrimp.... you name it!

Last edited by pickrel pat; 10-28-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
wanted to eat my t.v when i saw it..... maybe tonight ill try it.
Agreed! Wife is workin tonight so it's me and 4 kids, I'm betting they will enjoy it. If I pull the trigger and order one up ill get back to y'all with my reviews.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM

PPat I like your idea and yes, the cheese in the crust was good. OH yes, the possibilities are endless................Now Keg likes smoked oysters........ya think one or two of them would damage a pizza? In the crust I mean........

Oh yes, chunks of pineapple, small mushrooms, different meats..............bologna even................how about some crunchy peanut butter? We want to branch out, expand our horizons....................OR butterscotch chips...............chocolate chips.............apples....................oh boy I can see another pizza developing.............

HEY I have jars of spiced crab apples and Keg likes those wonder how they would taste? I am not to be trusted I can see that now................ Dill Pickles...........
Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM

Hot dogs are a lot more money today, than they used to be. I remember getting Schneiders (my fav) for $0.99.

My point being, how cheap are the dogs they they put in this pizza to save on costs?

How hard is it to gring up a hoof?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:58 PM

I am anxious for your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Agreed! Wife is workin tonight so it's me and 4 kids, I'm betting they will enjoy it. If I pull the trigger and order one up ill get back to y'all with my reviews.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
Hot dogs are a lot more money today, than they used to be. I remember getting Schneiders (my fav) for $0.99.

My point being, how cheap are the dogs they they put in this pizza to save on costs?

How hard is it to gring up a hoof?
For me to grind up a hoof would be rather difficult and I put decent hot dogs in not the cream of the crop but what we normally eat..... I was thinking even leftover turkey would be good. Green peppers - WE are NOT to be trusted in the kitchen I can see that.............LOL
Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwoman View Post
Like someone else mentioned today seems like a slow day.

So have any of you city folks tried the Pizza Hut - Hot Dog in the Crust Pizza?

Curious as to what it tastes like as in did they jazz up the hot dog, etc.

I made what I termed "Hot Dog Surprise" the other night. YEP you got it Hog Dogs rolled in to the edge of the pizza crust. KegRiver liked it and so did I but I am curious about what the Pizza Hut version tastes/tasted like.

Anyone who sampled it I would like your input.

I will make this again. Any Guides up this way that like hot dogs and pizza just gotta let me know in enough time so I can have the dough made and they can get hot dog surprise too.

I know good thing I am already married as adding this to my recipe file would not necessarily attract a husband who was looking for a cook.............
haha...I just saw this commercial on tv last night...if you say the version you made is good, I may have to be brave and try it the next time I go to the city
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM

I just placed a order online for a BBQ chicken one double everything plus hot dogs cost 36 dollars this better be good boys I'm driving in from camp during a snow storm for this
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
haha...I just saw this commercial on tv last night...if you say the version you made is good, I may have to be brave and try it the next time I go to the city
I am curious as to how many hotdogs they use. I made a rectangular pizza on a small sheet and used 8 hot dogs. NO we did not eat it all that night............ then I just put a plain tomatoe sauce and mozzella cheese shredded with some Italian spice.

I thought of using smokies too or those little honey whatever they are called not sausages ya know some kind of links.

Remember chili cook offs - we might need to do a Pizza Bake Off..............LOL OK off to put some bread in the oven and wash the dishes then I am getting me some ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz's
Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
PPat I like your idea and yes, the cheese in the crust was good. OH yes, the possibilities are endless................Now Keg likes smoked oysters........ya think one or two of them would damage a pizza? In the crust I mean........

Oh yes, chunks of pineapple, small mushrooms, different meats..............bologna even................how about some crunchy peanut butter? We want to branch out, expand our horizons....................OR butterscotch chips...............chocolate chips.............apples....................oh boy I can see another pizza developing.............

HEY I have jars of spiced crab apples and Keg likes those wonder how they would taste? I am not to be trusted I can see that now................ Dill Pickles...........
stuff the crusts with apple pie filling and eat the crusts at the end..... theres your dessert! all in one! bet i could sell that idea to one of the chains! lol
Old 10-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterbobthebuilder View Post
I just placed a order online for a BBQ chicken one double everything plus hot dogs cost 36 dollars this better be good boys I'm driving in from camp during a snow storm for this

As long as your camp is way south of us I am fine but north of us I am skeered!!!! Let us know. $36.00 man that is groceries for two weeks........sure hope it is good if not my number just got unlisted...........LOL
Old 10-28-2012, 05:48 PM

Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM

I always thought pizza was too healthy. Tomatoe sauce? I mean what do i look like a vegan?
Just gonna wait till they figure how to make a crust out of pepperoni.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:10 PM

Might be a great thing to send to a PETA convention as a nice gesture. Lets say a dozen or so vegetarian pizzas with hotdogs embedded in the crust.
Surprise!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacisaac View Post
Might be a great thing to send to a PETA convention as a nice gesture. Lets say a dozen or so vegetarian pizzas with hotdogs embedded in the crust.
Surprise!
so..... most peta people dont eat meat?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
so..... most peta people dont eat meat?
I've met enough of them that want nothing to do with any animal byproducts although I'm sure enough of them do enjoy a good steak.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 PM

Deer or moose or elk sausage . Mmmm
Old 10-28-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
No kidding.

That was my thought when I first saw the commercial as well.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:20 PM

Well sorry to disappoint my wife called and reminded me that she pulled some halibut out from the freezer. So the ol wiener pizza will have to wait tills other day!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06 PM

Somebody working there must have been watching Epic Meal Time!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 10-28-2012, 09:33 PM

Has anyone tried it? I am seriously considering this for friday.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 PM

Meh it was nothing special had to put ketchup on the crust to make it even worth eating. The dogs had all but one crust they seemed to like it tho lol
Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 PM

Oh fellas - I can send you the pizza crust recipe I use from a bread machine book if anyone is interested. Then you can roll the crust out long enough and wide enough to put whatever you want to roll in the crust. Truthfully we did not use expensive hot dogs (maybe we have average taste buds..........LOL)

Normally I use Classico Sauce (used for Spag and any other pasta dish) but used just canned spag. sauce - did not want all of he other stuff to detract from the hot dog thing to see if we would make it again

Sorry Pizza Hut was a bust BUT there is hope trust me. Ask Keg. We might be hiding the last slice from each other.................LOL

If anyone wants my crust recipe (made in a bread machine just email me or post on this thread.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Oh fellas - I can send you the pizza crust recipe I use from a bread machine book if anyone is interested. Then you can roll the crust out long enough and wide enough to put whatever you want to roll in the crust. Truthfully we did not use expensive hot dogs (maybe we have average taste buds..........LOL)

Normally I use Classico Sauce (used for Spag and any other pasta dish) but used just canned spag. sauce - did not want all of he other stuff to detract from the hot dog thing to see if we would make it again

Sorry Pizza Hut was a bust BUT there is hope trust me. Ask Keg. We might be hiding the last slice from each other.................LOL

If anyone wants my crust recipe (made in a bread machine just email me or post on this thread.
I would love the recipe, maybe I'll forget pizza hut and make my own!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Never heard of such a thing until now, I guess I am very out of the loop.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Banned

hotdogs and pizza do not go togeather , ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 10-29-2012, 06:43 AM

If ya get the Pizza Hut one make sure ya bring a porta poti for your drive to work
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 AM

Talking

Shrimp covered pizza and salmon rolled up in the crust maybe , no way i'd eat cheap wieners rolled up in crust,4 pizzas slices is like eating 4 hotdogs on top of the 4 pizzas slices ooooo the obesity .