Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-18-2018, 06:16 PM

Default Opps

which one of you did I sell that prohib gun to? My memory fails me and my ex burned all my records.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:45 AM

10/22 mags are not illegal.Just because the RCMP says they are prohibited doesn't make it so.

1)they (RCMP) are misinterpreting the legislation,they are not lawyers
2)the prohibition contradicts the RCMP's very own Special Bulletin 72,section 4,in itself an interpretation of the actual legislation......which they like to revise every year or two it seems to fit their flavour of the day narrative.

4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.

3)RCMP's mandate is to enforce existing laws,not create laws,that is the job of Parliament,and not interpret laws,that is job of judges.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
10/22 mags are not illegal.Just because the RCMP says they are prohibited doesn't make it so.

1)they (RCMP) are misinterpreting the legislation,they are not lawyers
2)the prohibition contradicts the RCMP's very own Special Bulletin 72,section 4,in itself an interpretation of the actual legislation......which they like to revise every year or two it seems to fit their flavour of the day narrative.

4. Magazines designed for one firearm but used in a different firearm

The maximum permitted capacity of a magazine is determined by the kind of firearm it is designed or manufactured for use in and not the kind of firearm it might actually be used in. As a consequence, the maximum permitted capacity remains the same regardless of which firearm it might be used in.

3)RCMP's mandate is to enforce existing laws,not create laws,that is the job of Parliament,and not interpret laws,that is job of judges.
So your a Lawyer ?
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:11 PM

i wish it was viewed as a gun is a gun and here is your license. Similar to a boating licence. 14ft tin or big wake setter all the same. We all know the laws in Canada make no sense at times.

In regards to the original post, I agree that mistakes are made but have a hard time believing the holders of the 12 licences did not question the mistake. Did they try to play the system maybe.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
So your a Lawyer ?
Don't need to be a lawyer to see that they are cherry picking to suit their/Turdo's/UN's agenda of disarming the public one slice at a time.

Also note,even if they do in fact have a weak argument for the prohib on Ruger mags,it is ONLY the Ruger branded BX-25 mags that are specifically marketed and packaged as "for use in 10/22 Charger pistol".....hence the mess to begin with.
ie;Butler CreekHotLips/Steel Lips mags,GSG 110 drum mags etc. make no mention of the Charger in their marketing,and like the Ruger BX mags,predate the pistol by decades,so how can they be designed for a firearm that didn't even exist?The only difference is Ruger made the mistake of specifically mentioning the Charger in marketing the BX mags,hence the jack boot thugs have concluded(wrongly) that the mags are designed for the pistol,when in fact it's the other way around,the pistol was designed to be compatible with the 10/22 platform and related accessories.

By the same flawed logic,one could assume that EVERY standard capacity 10rd pistol mag in Canada that also happens to fit in a Pistol Cartridge Carbine such as the Kriss Vectors,Beretta CX4 Storm etc etc would be a prohibited device,as would all of the LAR-15 and Beuwolf mags etc....and that is simply not the case.
Again,it goes back to "the firearm for which the magazine was originally designed and manufactured for" as clearly stated in RCMP's very own Special Bulletin 72....but in classic Libtard twisted logic,neutering 1 million+ in country rabbit rifles and tin can plinkers is paramount to enhancing public safety....gimme a break!!🙄