Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 09:16 PM

Default Most comfortable runners?

What do you think are the most comfortable runners/sneakers? I need a good pair. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:31 PM

They don't offer much in the way of support, but I sure like Converse. I don't spend a lot of time on my feet at work and they are light and breath well.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:36 PM

Default Runners

Check out the Merrell line.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:41 PM

Nike AirMax 2017...

Old 05-22-2018, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
What do you think are the most comfortable runners/sneakers? I need a good pair. Thanks for your help.
I’ve worn pretty much everything, ASICS is where it’s at for me, good quality, good fit, different models for different applications,Nike, Reebok, cons, never had a pair that didn’t fall apart, my ASICS on the other hand, keep goin, I wait till they go on sale at atmosphere and sport check, if you bide your time you can get them half price, got some new Fuji trabucos in the box I bought in January, but, haven’t worn out the other trabucos out or my gt 1000-5’s, so they sit for now.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:16 AM

All depends on your feet - I do best with no support. For me, it is any of the Vans Pro series sneakers that have barely any support. For running, I like minimalist sneakers and have good luck with New Balance and some other specialty brands. Used to like Asics, but now they have to much support for.my needs.

Every foot is different and you need to go get assessed by a real running store if you want to avoid trial and error. Different brands generally suit a different style of running, foot, and issues that need correction. I suggest Gord's in Calgary... avoid the malls unless you know what you want.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:19 AM

Skechers gel souls memory foam are the best I have ever seen

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-23-2018, 08:29 AM

My wife is rather sensitive about her running shoes, being on her feet all day in them - ASICS is her choice. She has had Nike Air and Saucony but goes back to the ASIC every time - the Nike Airs only lasted a couple of weeks before she was shopping again.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:30 AM

Wide feet? New Balance.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:49 AM

I have always worn Nike, but I tried a pair of Asic's and they will be my next shoe as well
Old 05-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Banned

I like Salomon X Ultra GTX shoes. They are built tough, high quality and last a long time. I bought a pair of the goretex hiking shoes and just can't wreck them. I wanted to buy a new pair after nearly two years of heavy use, but just in too good of shape to buy new ones!
Old 05-23-2018, 11:49 AM

Go to a specialized running store. A good one will see how you walk, and put you into the right shoe that will fit your gait the best.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Go to a specialized running store. A good one will see how you walk, and put you into the right shoe that will fit your gait the best.
I 100%agree.

I use to just buy what ever was on sale.
I now have a pair that fits my feet properly and running still sucks but my feet, knees and hips enjoy it a little better.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:57 AM

I like Asics. Good support, they feel light. Haven't tried them all though.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator john View Post
Check out the Merrell line.
I have worn merrels exclusively for a decade now, well built durable comfortable hikers/runners that last like no other, they also fit better than any other brand i have worn.

I love the vent model for hot summer days, they breathe so well that they are like wearing a built in AC unit in your shoes, almost like wearing a sandal and no sock.

I currently own 4 pairs of merrels and one pair of the new steel toe slip on merrel work boots/shoes that i wear when driving at work and i wouldn't trade any of them for any other foot wear.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
These are what I wear. Just bought a pair at the Shoe Company in Mayfield Common, just shy of 80.00. Great comfortable shoe.

BW
Old 05-23-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I have spent big bucks at Stores, Red Wing is one example for good runners as my feet would hurt. Never found a pair that would deal with my sore feet.

Sketchers hands down. Buy when they have a sale on, like now, 50% off your second pair. Best shoe I have worn yet, last a long time too. When my feet start to hurt, I know it's time to replace.

Plus I just happen to have coached the kid who now manages the store, can you say discount from heaven
Old 05-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Banned

Default Nike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
Nike AirMax 2017...

That is the answer
Old 05-23-2018, 02:47 PM

The good running shoe stores will do stride analysis which will help determine the proper shoe for you.

You can also google "running shoe selector" and there's a couple online tools that will offer some suggestions based on your entered parameters.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:29 PM

Like a few have said, everyone's feet are a bit different and one shoe might feel better than another to you. That being said, my last pair of runners were Asics, and my next pair will be Asics as well.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM

Runners for actual running or pretend?
Old 05-23-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
Wide feet? New Balance.
x2
I have really wide feet and a Mortons Neuroma.
New Balance made a huge difference with their wide comfortable fit
Old 05-23-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I have spent big bucks at Stores, Red Wing is one example for good runners as my feet would hurt. Never found a pair that would deal with my sore feet.

Sketchers hands down. Buy when they have a sale on, like now, 50% off your second pair. Best shoe I have worn yet, last a long time too. When my feet start to hurt, I know it's time to replace.

Plus I just happen to have coached the kid who now manages the store, can you say discount from heaven
The discounts are wonderful when you can find them, I have seen Skechers here for $130 and $60 in the States. When I went to LA in September last year I found a shoe store on the strip with them and the very nice fella saw my fire fighting shirt. 3 pairs for less than the cost of 1 pair here even with exchange. Stupid big markup on foot tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
x2
I have really wide feet and a Mortons Neuroma.
New Balance made a huge difference with their wide comfortable fit
I wore new balance until I wore skechers, there is simply no comparison.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-23-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Agreed, I don't run (unless I have to) but I also have a pair of Skechers with the memory foam and they sure feel great on my footins
Old 05-23-2018, 07:44 PM

ASICS. I’ve tried Nike, brooks and sketchers, always go back to the ASICS. It really does depend on individual fit though.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
The discounts are wonderful when you can find them, I have seen Skechers here for $130 and $60 in the States. When I went to LA in September last year I found a shoe store on the strip with them and the very nice fella saw my fire fighting shirt. 3 pairs for less than the cost of 1 pair here even with exchange. Stupid big markup on foot tires.

I wore new balance until I wore skechers, there is simply no comparison.
You are correct-There is no comparison because Skechers only has one wide width size.
New Balance goes to 6E

If I tried to jam my foot into a so- called Wide Skechers I would be dealing with a compressed neuroma and subsequent pain and inflammation.

I stand by New Balance for wide feet in 3 different widths in the wide spectrum.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:18 PM

For actual real life exercise (which I don't get enough of) I have a pair of Adidas Adizero Tempo ......... very comfortable, light weight and not too "yo G" flashy.

I also really like the Adidas Copa (indoor turf shoes) or Vans - very comfy for day to day use.