Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Before you go fishing you should always take note of the fish species in the system you are fishing, it's common sense.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massari View Post
Before you go fishing you should always take note of the fish species in the system you are fishing, it's common sense.
why? maybe he doesnt plan on keeping any caught fish........ what makes it so important and "common sense" to know?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
why? maybe he doesnt plan on keeping any caught fish........ what makes it so important and "common sense" to know?
LOL Agreed . pop the hook out let it go . All though you taking a few home best better know what your catching and any restrictions .
Old 07-30-2012, 04:22 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
If your not keepin em why should one care the man asked a simple question so a simple answer is good enough...
Old 07-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
If your not keepin em why should one care the man asked a simple question so a simple answer is good enough...
it is common sense to research the fish you catching! for many reasons, even if not keeping.......too bad no picture of the first one, have not seen a nsr trout before......there is no legal reason to research, just for ones personal knowledge if nothing else
Old 07-30-2012, 04:48 PM

are you guys kidding, it's common sense when you go to a water system for fishing to know what is in that water system, that kind of means you do not pay attention to the regulations and do not really care, Alberta fisheries is a joke as is but come on when you go to a lake or a river know what you are fishing for and always pinch barbs.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
are you guys kidding, it's common sense when you go to a water system for fishing to know what is in that water system, that kind of means you do not pay attention to the regulations and do not really care, Alberta fisheries is a joke as is but come on when you go to a lake or a river know what you are fishing for and always pinch barbs.
Watchout ladies and gentlemen looks like we got another self proclaimed fish cop on our hands.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
go back and read my first post slowly and answer the question......
Old 07-30-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
go back and read my first post slowly and answer the question......
Doesn't matter if you plan on keeping fish or not you know, you should still do your research on what species of fish is in the body of water you are fishing
Old 07-30-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter if you plan on keeping fish or not you know, you should still do your research on what species of fish is in the body of water you are fishing
why?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
A barb? Wtf is that???

I jk, I jk.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM

I personally like to use barbed hooks when im fishing the nsr for those big perch looking fish, makes it easier to get them to shore and throw them into the pan!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinmat View Post
I personally like to use barbed hooks when im fishing the nsr for those big perch looking fish, makes it easier to get them to shore and throw them into the pan!
I agree with you, barbs also work great on those big grey sucker fish. Damn things sure are sharp though, especially the small ones! The bastids have razor blades on them. Oh well, they make for great pike bait in Wabby.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Before you drive, do you know everything about the car your driving? Probably not. You sit down shut up and obey the rules of the road. Doesn't matter what you drive, as long as its legal and you obey the rules. Same thing for fishing in my opinion. Doesn't matter what you catch as long as your playing by the rules!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Funny thing is I read through that thread again...some of the people posting in this thread also posted in that one...but on opposite sides of the discussion...

The hypocrisy on this forum cracks me up
I stand by my original comments.

Send me the fillets and I will run a digestive analysis. Will post pics of the results.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
I stand by my original comments.

Send me the fillets and I will run a digestive analysis. Will post pics of the results.
Not you...but a couple other members who have posted in both threads

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rett View Post
Before you drive, do you know everything about the car your driving? Probably not. You sit down shut up and obey the rules of the road. Doesn't matter what you drive, as long as its legal and you obey the rules. Same thing for fishing in my opinion. Doesn't matter what you catch as long as your playing by the rules!
wtf are you talking about brett?? yes i do know alot about the car i drive, who doesnt know lots about the car they own?? Also i bet i could identify my car.......how can you guys argue that people not researching or learning about fishing is a good idea??

Yes I know about my car.....the engine size and so on
I golf, so yes i researched about golf related information
I eat food, I learn about the foods i eat and how good/bad they are for you
I like computers, when i built my computer I researched what hardware I would need to suit my needs.

If you enjoy something why would you not learn more about it??
I forgot that the people who fish the creek and hermitage daily are fuking know it all's, never need to research anything
Old 07-31-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Monger View Post
wtf are you talking about brett?? yes i do know alot about the car i drive, who doesnt know lots about the car they own?? Also i bet i could identify my car.......how can you guys argue that people not researching or learning about fishing is a good idea??

Yes I know about my car.....the engine size and so on
I golf, so yes i researched about golf related information
Lots of golfers never do a bit of research!
I eat food, I learn about the foods i eat and how good/bad they are for you
Many people do not!
I like computers, when i built my computer I researched what hardware I would need to suit my needs.
Could be that most people out there would not do that(just have a techi) pick it!

If you enjoy something why would you not learn more about it??
I forgot that the people who fish the creek and hermitage daily are fuking know it all's, never need to research anything
Bottom line not everything needs to be or is researched! There are various "degrees" of fishermen. Believe it or not some just go out to fish.
Ya know if ya would a left out the common sense requirement. you might not of ruffled as many feathers! Name callin not needed though.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 07-31-2012 at 03:51 PM.