Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-10-2018, 08:52 AM

Liberals=pandering. This party is so desperate to APPEAR to be on the right side of issues like race/gender/gun control/crime/immigration that they absolutely SCRAMBLE at an opportunity to get in front of a camera and pander to their Liberal party sheep. Liberals work for Liberals, not the people who vote them in, or god forbid...people who actually believe in fair/just laws..and the importance of targeting actual criminals. Why? Optics. It's WAY easier to penalize law-abiding gun owners than tackle real crime. For the life of me..I can NOT understand why Liberals voters don't see that for what it is. I know~because they're too hung up on the idea of things like "free" daycare. Who cares if that plunges a country into greater debt~the recipients of that daycare will still be paying the bill when they're retiring! Makes me feel absolutely nauseous.

As for the opinions of those 75 people having an impact? What did they get? Our public safety minister chiming in, promising to do something. Should be no surprise...right?

Hey Ralph~you didn't happen to notice that 11,127 people signed the petition re: sound moderators, and your government's response was basically this~only people with criminal intent would want one...so yeah..NO, we're not examining those laws, they stay where they are.

The faster we vote these pandering, vote-buying criminals out=the better.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:00 AM

The most bizarre part is they weren't shot with a rifle, it jammed after the first shot and he switched to a hand gun.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Banned

Default Public Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
Why did this post get moved from `General Discussion` É

This is a discussion about public safety and the Minister of Public Safety discussing how his government is making Canada a safer place.
Please watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjUz...ature=youtu.be

Is Ralph addressing this crime É
Old 05-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Is "patrol carbine" in the dictionary yet?
Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Edit

Last edited by Nyksta; 05-11-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
History is being PC rewritten . So is the dictionary
It really is. This dictionary just changed it six weeks ago so people could say "see, it's in the dictionary!". You can't make this stuff up and you don't have to. http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/31/...assault-rifle/
Old 05-11-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
It really is. This dictionary just changed it six weeks ago so people could say "see, it's in the dictionary!". You can't make this stuff up and you don't have to. http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/31/...assault-rifle/
It's truly sad when even dictionaries are being used to pursue political agendas. Social engineering at the most basic level.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:48 AM

This kind of stuff infuriates me and sickens me simultaneously.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 05-12-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It's truly sad when even dictionaries are being used to pursue political agendas. Social engineering at the most basic level.
Or, they are finally admitting what we have suspected all along; an assault rifle is any rifle that looks scary.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:12 AM

Everyone knows that criminals are not to blame for gun violence, they are just like the rest of us.
And if you make it against the law to own a gun...
Take Venezuela for example, guns are completely banned, yet Caracas has more gun deaths than new York! It's the murder capitol of the world!
It's to the point that the government is rethinking their ban on firearms, because nobody can defend themselves!
Criminals can act with impunity when they go to kill someone because they know there's no gun on the other side of the door to stop them!