Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-19-2019, 07:13 AM

From what I've read cows kill more humans than any other animal just think how many there are in India

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Not really ......I googled it. That's what came up.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:00 AM

So with threatening you with his .375 should he be charged, would he not lose his license and have to surrender all of his firearms?
Old 10-19-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
So with threatening you with his .375 should he be charged, would he not lose his license and have to surrender all of his firearms?
If he had a firearm then yes I would assume. He was a big talker who thought he could intimidate me. He had a revolver pellet gun that looked as though it was a 357. That’s what the RCMP found anyway.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Isn’t uttering a threat a criminal code offence?
You’ve got audio, so that should be a slam dunk.......
And if a firearm was mentioned, they will investigate in short order.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
If he had a firearm then yes I would assume. He was a big talker who thought he could intimidate me. He had a revolver pellet gun that looked as though it was a 357. That’s what the RCMP found anyway.
Talk stupid and that could be enough to get you shot.

Grizz
Old 10-21-2019, 05:28 AM

Sounds like he has it out for you that day. I wonder if he will be waiting for you when you return to check your cameras . Be care full out there.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:18 AM

This type of crap is totally unacceptable at any level. Though your episode was a little more intense by the sounds of things, we should all be playing the harassment card at even the slightest bit of unnecessary confrontation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2019, 08:46 PM
Gone Hunting

Very interesting story.

Do you think this might be the same guy that has been trying to poison your dog, or perhaps a friend of that buddy of yours that ran off with $4,000 dollars worth of your hunting gear?

It would make some sense if it were one or the other. At least we already know that they are out to get you.
Seems a bit far fetched that a third person would join in this vendetta against you.

Of course it could be entirely true. But if so it may be wise to ask yourself why you are the target for so many nut cases.

Your story left out
Quote:
So it was a beautiful day in Kananaskis so I decided to go check a trail camera with my mountain bike and my dog. On the way to 406 I saw I piece of ridgid foam on the road so I stopped to pick it up. Wingnut comes screeching to a halt slides his truck up beside mine. I figure he is going to ask me if I needed help. He doesn’t role down the window just stairs. His huge ass dog hung out the back window ready to kill me. He then floors it driving down to the next approach. I start driving west to Kananaskis he flies out of the approach tries to hit me in my truck as I pass. Then proseeds to fallow me 15km to my spot that I am going to start biking. Blocks me in starts whistling at me gesturing me to get over to him. We argue about hunting and regulation and public land he tries to say I’m poaching and there is no hunting season open right now for 7 minutes. He threatens to let his two dogs out to tear my dog apart and my balls off. Then he gets right up in my face and I smell he has been drinking. Once I ask him if he has been drinking he says he has a .375 waiting for me if I come to his house, he says bring it on and drives away like a wingnut. Now I have to drive back out after him to get cell reception to call 911. Anyways RCMP today where solid A+ Gentlemen with my situation. I thank them for there service as they had to respond to a acreage with a guy threatening he had a .357 and was aggressive enough to use it.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-23-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Very interesting story.

Do you think this might be the same guy that has been trying to poison your dog, or perhaps a friend of that buddy of yours that ran off with $4,000 dollars worth of your hunting gear?

It would make some sense if it were one or the other. At least we already know that they are out to get you.
Seems a bit far fetched that a third person would join in this vendetta against you.

Of course it could be entirely true. But if so it may be wise to ask yourself why you are the target for so many nut cases.

The Dog poisoning case was not just targeted at me a few yards had been poisoned. The guy that borrowed and sold my stuff was once a buddy that I trusted and lost everything with a divorce and booze and I tried to help out he lives 3.5 hours away. The wingnut that had the fit over me being a hunter was a drunk and thought he Owns all the public land because he lives next to it. There are lots of cases of this stuff happening. I just put it up so people are aware that’s it’s out there. If you live in your own little world and never leave home or do anything you probably won’t run to crazy. Just drive though Calgary you will see crazy a few times in one trip. Work in public serve and dealing with crazy is your full time job. Let me know if you want some I will send some your way as my crazy people quota is getting full.

Your story left out
The Dog poisoning case was not just targeted at me a few yards had been poisoned. The guy that borrowed and sold my stuff was once a buddy that I trusted and lost everything with a divorce and booze and I tried to help out he lives 3.5 hours away. The wingnut that had the fit over me being a hunter was a drunk and thought he Owns all the public land because he lives next to it. There are lots of cases of this stuff happening. I just put it up so people are aware that’s it’s out there. If you live in your own little world and never leave home or do anything you probably won’t run to crazy. Just drive though Calgary you will see crazy a few times in one trip. Work in public serve and dealing with crazy is your full time job. Let me know if you want some I will send some your way as my crazy people quota is getting full.

Your story left out[/QUOTE]
Old 10-24-2019, 09:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Your story left out
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it's crazy around the big cities. I get down that way a few times a year as I'm sure you know.

Maybe it's my personality or just luck but I meet a lot of good people in and around those southern cities. In visiting them over a forty plus years time span I have not met even one nut case.

In fact the only real nut case I know about is a frequent flyer right here on AO. You might know him. He lives down around Calgary I believe.
Maybe he's the dude putting out poison for your dog.

He's kinda ugly, quiet stupid and thinks he's smarter then most. And he loves telling tall tails about bad dudes messing up his day.

Sounds kinda familiar doesn't it?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-25-2019, 03:24 PM

Default Anti -hunter???

On a back road,out of cell range--You confront a obvious disturbed person-A very bad mistake,should have proceed to a safe area and called RCMP.Many people have disappeared,on those back roads------or found dead.