Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM

Default Is this the end of professional football?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/03/sport/...html?hpt=us_c2
Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Don Cherry would call these guys pukes. Not saying I think that, so don't jump on me.

The nature of the sport causes such injuries. Those who play contact sports who say they did not know the dangers of concussions, I only buy the arguement so much. Seems a bit unfair for people to pretend not know the dangers of such a sport until they are 45 and they have to wear sunglasses all the time, and can't remember their last meal. These guys knock heads for 15 years and theres going to be a concequence.

My cousin fights MMA proffessionally and hes suffered a couple concussions due to the nature of the sport. I tell him all the time, his brains will be scrammbled at 50, he knows and has decided the risk is worth it I guess. I think if you play the sport, you should know the risk, accept the risk, or try a new sport.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Yup, and there are people out there who smoked 2 packs a day because the Tobacco industry tricked them too, who now want what's owed them!!!$$$......the only difference is, the Tobacco industry made billions off habitual smokers. The guys playing football made millions playing a game, and now they want millions more because they were 'tricked'.

Quick, I need a smart lawyer, somebody, somewhere, owes me for something. I'm absolutely sure of it!!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Banned

Yes

It will be replaced by poof ball.