Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Default Have you been threatened by PM's to you.

When we did the Great Perch Fish Bonk on Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting several more members. Three of them told me about being threatened by PM (and some of the threats were physical harm and better), for doing the Bonk, and for doing other things that these so called outdoorsmen didn't like. I was stunned to be honest (and probably a bit naive) that this would happen. I'm curious to know who else has been threatened by PM, and did the offender get to join the great band camp or issue an apology to the offended.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 PM

ive been threatened via pm...... i never complained about it because the type of person that does it is a coward. i dont worry about internet tuff guys. its the guy that doesnt pm is the guy that scares me....
Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 PM

I got threatened for talking about a certain creek and aparently the local boy that lives by it hung out on here, He was pretty mad and what not but in the end I just told him maybe one day I'll see him on the river.....hopefully
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM

For those that are not aware, people take the internetz VERY seriously.

BTW, what is the perch bonk?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 PM

Tough fisherman hiding behind a keyboard! Maybe when they crawl out of their mothers basement suite, and stop wearing women's clothing, listening to k.d Lang, they'll realize what the real word is about!

I would just pm him back with a video of you laughing at him, and maybe bonking some more fish.....

Maybe I'll take up fishing now! Bonk bonk bonk!

LoL
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 PM

Yeah, whats a perch bonk?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=131470

Perch thinning at a private lake. Illegally stocked perch have over populated the lake and are ruining it.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Ive been on here since '07 and never have been threatened. And i'm not all that easy to get along with on here. I look through old posts of mine and think, wow, I am a jerk. I even got the suspend hammer once. But i dont mind.

Most of the pm's I do recieve when i'm a jerk are kudos for sticking up against others who try to push morals, thoughts and ideals to others when they have little to no clue and do not respect other peoples methods of enjoying the outdoors. In fact, I got a very nice PM today. Thank you.

Theres one person on here that has caused me troubles PM wise. And only one. I told that individual not to pm me with further discussion of the post we were discussing, but if they had issues, they could adress me on the post. I will answer there. No probs.

Well, they wouldnt have any of that. I got 4 more messages and each time, i replied, leave me alone, ask me in the post, and i will answer. They never asked in the post either. I'm sure they were afraid to post thier retort openly for fear of others cutting them down as they werent on target with anything they were trying to push. But they had to make someone listen and get the last word in.

To add to that, they have done this to me 3 times. And, adding to that, they have done this to many many others also as I usually get pm from others stating that they have done so. A true PM bully that individual is.

Thats about the worse it gets for me.

A challenge....

..... I will mail, to the first person who PM's me with the correct answer, 20 canadian dollars if you can guess who I am talking about.

Does anyone need a hint?

STEELHEAD
Old 05-02-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Tough fisherman hiding behind a keyboard! Maybe when they crawl out of their mothers basement suite, and stop wearing women's clothing, listening to k.d Lang, they'll realize what the real word is about!

I would just pm him back with a video of you laughing at him, and maybe bonking some more fish.....

LoL
x2!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Thanks. I don't frequent the fishing forum and missed this. I have no problem with that.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post

LoL
Be careful, I am taking offence to this and I AM 10 FEET TALL
Old 05-02-2012, 05:50 PM

Many times have a received an email or pm from some local yokel telling me that I am the devil and had better remove HIS personal spot from my fishing map.
Had one fella send me a pm saying that one day we would bump into each other and I was going to get it. Well he was right. One day while I was fishing the Upper K I stopped to talk to another guy fly fishing. After we sat there and had lunch together and some convo things were going well. The AOF topic came up and I asked his screen name. After he told me and he asked for mine you could see his face turn white.... Yep it was him. So as set down my rod and pulled off my vest, this guy was packing up as fast as he could.
In some choice words I will not put on here as I don't feel like getting the boot I told him that here was his chance, but the out come would be me drowning him in the lake.
Guess there is a motto here...

As he is still a member of this site I will keep names out of it. But you know who you are.... And the location is still on the map...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 PM

contest has been won, thank you for playing.

WOW, theres more than one, well, more than a few who have threatened others on here. I am surprised by the responses.

Truthfully, I am beside myself knowing how many abusers are on here and now, who they are.

Report these people. Do not let them do this to anyone.

And for those who send these threatening pm, Give yer heads a shake! Unbelieveable! Really? I mean,,,,, Really?

Thanks for the responses. I will not pass on names. You who have been threatened can do that.

Pickeral Pat is the winner. He just won himself a nice crisp canadian 20 dollar bill. Good job!

STEELHEAD
Old 05-02-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinker View Post
When we did the Great Perch Fish Bonk on Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting several more members. Three of them told me about being threatened by PM (and some of the threats were physical harm and better), for doing the Bonk, and for doing other things that these so called outdoorsmen didn't like. I was stunned to be honest (and probably a bit naive) that this would happen. I'm curious to know who else has been threatened by PM, and did the offender get to join the great band camp or issue an apology to the offended.
If they get all nads in a knot about a perch cull then I can't wait to start postin' up pics of my legal 20-30-40 fish per day brook trout culls
Old 05-02-2012, 05:56 PM

I've never been threatened outright, but there have been a few insinuations over the years.
I could care less.
Cat
Old 05-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
Pickeral Pat is the winner. He just won himself a nice crisp canadian 20 dollar bill. Good job!
STEELHEAD
I wonder if I threaten Pickeral Pat if he will send me the lunch money you are mailing to him?

Threatening people in any manner especially via PM is a cowardly childish thing to do...

LC
Old 05-02-2012, 06:01 PM

THREATS are just that the one who says it usually wont back it up, i have had many when it comes to diesel motorsports and its all the same put up or shut up.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Pickeral Pat has just chosen to donate his 20 dollar winnings to the Vulcan food bank.

As he has chosen that path, I will follow with an equal donation.

40 worth of food to go to the Vulcan food bank.

Thank you for your generosity. I know people who use that bank and they always appreciate what they receive.

STEELHEAD
Old 05-02-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
Pickeral Pat has just chosen to donate his 20 dollar winnings to the Vulcan food bank.

As he has chosen that path, I will follow with an equal donation.

40 worth of food to go to the Vulcan food bank.

Thank you for your generosity. I know people who use that bank and they always appreciate what they receive.

STEELHEAD
...LOL....I know who threatened you now

LC
Old 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
...LOL....I know who threatened you now

LC
lol, i guessed myself....
Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM

Warned

Get a life you ****ing troll. And learn to ****ing read.

Got the above last year. Some people don't take criticism well. Not sure what the loser was "warning" me about....?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 PM

I know I don't post much but when I talked about a certain lake down south here I get a few from yahoo's who feel i'm talking about there PRIVATE lake and yet they had no posts about any topic and I don't reply couldn't be bothered
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 PM

Yah, i crumble easily
Old 05-02-2012, 06:15 PM

RHF threatened to cane bash me many times in p.m's
He threatened to beat me to death after the wisconsin trout thread.

FM told me he was a kind and gentle man who had a disability so i let it go and we all bought him a van to make it up to him
Old 05-02-2012, 06:17 PM

There were a few that did not actually threaten me, but were pretty vocal via PM of what they though of me.

Those times, the person gets talked to on the open forum, I don't bandy about when I'm P'Od about something that bad when somebody is obviously trolling.
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 05-02-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
RHF threatened to cane bash me many times in p.m's
He threatened to beat me to death after the wisconsin trout thread.

FM told me he was a kind and gentle man who had a disability so i let it go and we all bought him a van to make it up to him
i still see the 2 of them driving it to the pcr docks tuesday nights....
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
i still see the 2 of them driving it to the pcr docks tuesday nights....
I bet I could tell you what is on the menu for the "big date nights".....

LC
Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned

you old hens always have somethin funny to yap about . . .
Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

Nobody has ever threatened me by PM, but I have been threatened by someone by PMS on more than one occasion.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Nobody has ever threatened me by PM, but I have been threatened by someone by PMS on more than one occasion.
Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm living that reality right now..... help me
Closed Thread