Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 AM

I have only ever had 2 PM's ever on here. And three of those were wrong numbers!

Someone pay attention to me!!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
sheephunter

Just one threatening one. The guy said if he knew where I lived he'd drive right down and kick my butt. I pm'd him my addy back but he must have got stuck in traffic....lol Kinda sad that some folks can't seem to seperate the internet from real life.

Last edited by sheephunter; 05-03-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Just one threatening one. The guy said if he knew where I lived he'd drive right down and kick my butt. I pm'd him my addy back but he must have got stuck in traffic....lol Kinda sad that some folks can't seem to seprerate the internet from real life.
And that is scary
Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Nastiest PM I ever got was from Ken007, when I suggested having a Japanese tsunami survivor in your house wouldn't be like hosting a member of your local hockey team . Definitely a dark side to that boy.

Grizz
I was just thinking how funny it was that ol Kenny boy hasn't posted anything on this thread

Now time to sit back and wait for my nasty pm from him.

I had a threat one time years ago by a certain blowhard shill who frequents here but nothing really came of it. I called his bluff but he didnt show up for the big fight we were supposed to have. I probably deserved it cause I had called him some nasty things and questioned his professionalism. I notice he has tamed down quite a bit and i probably have too.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Banned

Now i'm feeling left out, never been threatened in PM at all

Have received some no hard feelings ones tho, and have sent them.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:52 AM

I have had a few interesting pms but for the most part the messages are awsome.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 AM

WOW interesting thread.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
I was just thinking how funny it was that ol Kenny boy hasn't posted anything on this thread

Now time to sit back and wait for my nasty pm from him.

I had a threat one time years ago by a certain blowhard shill who frequents here but nothing really came of it. I called his bluff but he didnt show up for the big fight we were supposed to have. I probably deserved it cause I had called him some nasty things and questioned his professionalism. I notice he has tamed down quite a bit and i probably have too.
You got a pm because all you ever do is snipe and troll. For whatever reason, you just cannot bring yourself to be civil with me, just like a few in here, you just get in little shots, dig and scratch, whine and moan, and to what end? You get what you want, I lose my temper and call you out. Good for you! When you are ignorant in every single reply in around or about me, what do you expect? How about this, what do you want???

The 6 bozos I have trouble with, have enfuriated me enough in the past that I finally snapped, which is what you hope for so I get banned. Now your ignorant impotent little shots don't bother me, so I hardly respond anymore, I just click the report button as we have been told to.

The only threat I ever got that bothered me was pocket aces threatening my children in a pm. What kind of lowlife pos threatens children?

I have made it plenty clear, if anyone hates me so much that they feel a need to call me out, if I have somehow wronged you irreparably, and you feel the need to 'get even' then by all means, pick a time and place.

Most of the pm's I get now are followed by phone calls, by members saying they can not believe how far downhill this forum has gone. Many has stopped posting completely, and it looks like that is what the instigators want, a voice to be heard by no one. Drive everyone out, make them want to leave or make them snap and be banned, then they can have the forum to themselves. My name has been mentioned on that other forum several times, when it does I get a pm stating someone over there sure is mad at you! Lol. For what?

The biggest game is to start a fight here, then run back over there and say 'look what I did!'

Is that what you are looking for nof60? Someone to say " look what he did?"

Why not try helping someone instead of trolling all the time, maybe you won't get threatening pm's. I never threatened you, I just called you what the name that best described your attitude at the time, likely said in a pm what I would say to your face.

If a select few would grow up and stop being so ignorant and miserable, there are a lot that would come back I am sure.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

That would be no fun Ken,like taking fighting out of hockey.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Banned

Wow that was even quicker than i expected.

What do I want? Well if you will remember our original disagreement was about you bad mouthing my friends business in Hawaii when you never went on a charter with them. I just wanted you to stop yapping about something you knew nothing about. I and many others appreciate an honest review of business by customers on here and have based decisions on which charter companies I use based on the reviews here. A bad review can take business away from a company and if they indeed offer poor service rightfully so. You slammed them based on heresay and did not go out with them. Yet your review could have unjustly cost them money. This is what I was getting at. But in your usual fashion you escalated it beyond what it needed to be and stupidly I followed along. Since then I will admit to playing with you from time to time because you never fail to take the bait. This was innapropriate behavior and I apologize for it. I will not do it anymore if it bothers you this much.

You want to be treated civil? Try acting civil. You want respect? Show respect.

I am not hoping you get banned at all. You are interesting in a car accident sort of way and add color and sunshine to an otherwise bleary day. Without characters such as you and boberama (who unfortunately does not seem to be his old self lately) and BGSH this place would be a bore.

Anyway, not trying to start a fight. The OP was about threatening PMs and I was just agreeing with another member that you have sent more than your share of offensive PMs. Something even you cannot deny.

No need to reply or PM me. Thanks. Good Day.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 AM

Civil and respect? From your mouth? Wow.

The trouble with you is, you find something offensive from half a year or more ago, then drag it out forever. Maggie joe charters, how long ago was that?

How many times have you done the same thing as every reply to me, just a little ignorant shot to illicit the response from me, from something that did not affect you at all a year ago? 6? 12?

It is that childish bullchit that makes me mad, and inevitably being a man I say enough, if you want to fight let's have at it! If you act like a moron and I call you a moron in a pm, why go crying to Rob because I called you a moron?

There are several guys in here that I fought with, then asked them why we are fighting, the end result is we now fish together, or meet at wss and shoot the breeze with other members, or just get along.

People like you, for whatever reason just can never reconcile, or choose not to, which is sad.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM

The 6 bozos I have trouble with, have enfuriated me enough in the past that I finally snapped, which is what you hope for so I get banned. Now your ignorant impotent little shots don't bother me, so I hardly respond anymore, I just click the report button as we have been told to.

Where's the fun in that ?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Banned

I feel left out. Guess I'll just have to be more controversial or forceful or something. Maybe talk about religion or politics?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
I feel left out. Guess I'll just have to be more controversial or forceful or something. Maybe talk about religion or politics?
that offends me....im on my way to your house right now to beat up your kids

The internet breeds tough guys....give them what they want (attention) and they wont be going anywhere for a long time.

Never had a threat via PM....had a few disagreements that went to PM and ended in a civil manner without cluttering up a thread too bad.

Then again there are over ten members still active here that reside on my ignore list....such a beautiful tool that list.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Civil and respect? From your mouth? Wow.

The trouble with you is, you find something offensive from half a year or more ago, then drag it out forever. Maggie joe charters, how long ago was that?

How many times have you done the same thing as every reply to me, just a little ignorant shot to illicit the response from me, from something that did not affect you at all a year ago? 6? 12?

It is that childish bullchit that makes me mad, and inevitably being a man I say enough, if you want to fight let's have at it! If you act like a moron and I call you a moron in a pm, why go crying to Rob because I called you a moron?

There are several guys in here that I fought with, then asked them why we are fighting, the end result is we now fish together, or meet at wss and shoot the breeze with other members, or just get along.

People like you, for whatever reason just can never reconcile, or choose not to, which is sad.
I tried to reconcile and tell you why I have a problem with you and unless I have misread your tantrum you challenge me to a fight. I should take your advice and "click the report button" but as I said I have no interest in getting you banned. I cannot make you mad, only you can do that my friend. I am a little concerned about you. Do you need a number for a hotline you can phone and talk to someone? Wipe the foam off your mouth, settle down, resume breathing. Stop acting like a little child or you are going to have a stroke. Seriously dude I am worried about you and your family. You seem to be a little loosely wrapped and I hope you dont do something stupid.

Last edited by nof60; 05-03-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post

Then again there are over ten members still active here that reside on my ignore list....such a beautiful tool that list.
the most sincere form of flattery . . !
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM

Wipe the foam off your mouth, settle down, resume breathing. Stop acting like a little child or you are going to have a stroke. Seriously dude I am worried about you and your family. You seem to be a little loosely wrapped and I hope you dont do something stupid.

Bwahaaaaa...coffee on keyboard...but I share your concern !
Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I tried to reconcile and tell you why I have a problem with you and unless I have misread your tantrum you challenge me to a fight. I should take your advice and "click the report button" but as I said I have no interest in getting you banned. I cannot make you mad, only you can do that my friend. I am a little concerned about you. Do you need a number for a hotline you can phone and talk to someone? Wipe the foam off your mouth, settle down, resume breathing. Stop acting like a little child or you are going to have a stroke. Seriously dude I am worried about you and your family. You seem to be a little loosely wrapped and I hope you dont do something stupid.
lol nice try. I was referring to how it was handled at the time.

yes, you misread it, I simply say when pushed against a wall, who doesn't push back?

You are so subtle, the way you can insult, intimidate, imply things like in your last reply, still trying to get a rise out of me. It is hilarious!

I have dealt with people in an extremely personal manner in my profession for over 25 years, people losing their homes, people losing their vehicles, their family members. I have stood there while doing document service for divorce, civil and criminal suits, have been threatened in person several times, do you honestly think for a second that the trolling, the sometimes incoherent rambling and petty insults you and Grizzled throw at me cause me 1/10th of a second of loss of sleep? And of course, right on cue

I just do what I always do, answer what is asked, then go see who is catching what at which lake.

You should do the same, and quit worrying about me. I am absolutely fine.

Since you say you want to reconcile, fine- here is an olive branch.
Next time we happen to be in the same city, lets meet up for a coke. I dont drink coffee. I have made the offer, lets see if we can get over this crap, or, we can ignore each other entirely. I prefer working things out, do not like hearing that someone has a mad on for me, or worse yet that they are worried about me LOL!

Your choice.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 AM

LOL this thread is just great....I have never been threatened may have been called a name or two once not threatened.....no time for that BS.

There are quite a few members I have met and fished/hunted with and would now call friends!!

The forum can be a good place when the trolls stay under the bridge!!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Do you need a number for a hotline you can phone and talk to someone? Wipe the foam off your mouth, settle down, resume breathing. Stop acting like a little child .....
Maybe you should take your own advice.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Banned

Your truly a saint I am sure and it will be my loss but I think we will play hockey in heck long before you and me get together for a coke nutjob. Not after that PM you sent and you saying "if you want to fight lets have at it!"

BTW you called me considerably worse things in the PM than moron. Moron would have been a step up from the swearing and foul mouthed language I saw there. Profanity and threats are the last resort when one comes to a battle of wits unarmed I guess.

You are really unstable man. In the same post you refer to my "trolling, the sometimes incoherent rambling and petty insults" and 4 lines later you wanna take me out on a date.

Shove you olive branch. I will ignore you unless you get out of line again. Then I will call your nonsense. Same as before.

I am done on this topic
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

all this romance brings a tear to my eye . . .
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM

I just won a bet, $5.00 in the pocket lol. I had hoped I was wrong but you are 100% predictable.

No trouble, just try to stop belittling me there sport, and I am absolutely and gladly done with you. Maybe some day you will grow up.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I have only ever had 2 PM's ever on here. And three of those were wrong numbers!
Thats funny...ive probably recieved more than ten PM's from guys looking for info an alaskan bears, minor hockey or salmon fishing. Come on Jamie...why cant a two week salmon charter cost 175 bucks?? LMAO

Ken and NOF60....why dont you both just add one another to the ignore list and let it go....both your posts in this thread are rediculous IMO....I can only imagine the dialogue that happened via PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

Yes.

I too have offered them some face time with me, yet they never show up. I think it's because I was an instructor to Chuck Norris back in the 80's. Some people are just complete and utter wimps when they can't hide behind there keyboard.

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 05-03-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Now I'm on no60's Christmas Card list, too. Oh, happy day!

Is there a way to block pm's, I wonder?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post

Why do you keep trolling?> give it a break there son.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

The reply button is not the block button
Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'
Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black R/T View Post
If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'
Thx.
Closed Thread