Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 AM

Default Best Out-jerk moment...

After responding to another thread I just had a thought....

Please share stories of time you have out jerked a jerk....

Definition of a jerk (AKA plick) is a self-righteous know it all bastard who looks down their nose at anyone who has a different opinion or set fo morals than you...

Well here is a thing i do sometimes...My wife hates it...

I will go into an archery shop with lanes and browse around and if the bow person there starts acting like a know it all jerk I look to make sure I am not wearing any of my archery related clothing and then go and ask some newbie questions about archery and see if I should by a bow... Often then the jerk will expund on his great knowlege of archery and I look at him like he is the most amazing person I know and humbly ask if he could share some knowlege on me and see if I can try out a bow to see...

They will often have a few to select from so i look for one that seems to be tuned half decent (hard to find in most shops where there is a jerk) and et all setup and take their instruction patiently and pretend to be somewhat inept but before I release I get a good alignment and of course they have the newb at 10 yards to make sure I hit the but and will aim at a spot and plant an arrow... of course sights are out so i make a comment...man this bow just does not work... and often they will let me try another arrow.... In many cases the 2nd arrow will destry the first arrow and I still try to be inept and see how many arrows they will let me destroy before they realise that something is up.... (In Victoria I destroyed 8 arrows in a row before they figured it out) (In Texas I destroyed about 5 in each shop I was in)....

At this point they suddenkly realise they have been out jerked and I go on my way feeling much better!....

Yep I am so evil but it is so much fun!....

Last edited by nekred; 05-04-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: censored so changed the term...
Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Gone Hunting

People like you are ***** and all I can say is *&%%&**.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
Hey you are getting the idea and trying to get into the game.... nice try though!...
Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Old 05-04-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
Do you own an archery shop? if you do I may have to come visit!....
Old 05-04-2012, 09:44 AM

So let me get this straight.

You go into a shop, ask a guy for help.

He does everything he can to be helpful and tries to tell you what he knows so that you can make an educated choice.

Then you wreck his stuff and take delight that you believe you know more than he does and made him waste his time.

That's not 'being a jerk to a jerk'.

That's called "being a jerk".
Old 05-04-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
After responding to another thread I just had a thought....

Please share stories of time you have out jerked a jerk....

Definition of a jerk (AKA plick) is a self-righteous know it all bastard who looks down their nose at anyone who has a different opinion or set fo morals than you...

Well here is a thing i do sometimes...My wife hates it...

I will go into an archery shop with lanes and browse around and if the bow person there starts acting like a know it all jerk I look to make sure I am not wearing any of my archery related clothing and then go and ask some newbie questions about archery and see if I should by a bow... Often then the jerk will expund on his great knowlege of archery and I look at him like he is the most amazing person I know and humbly ask if he could share some knowlege on me and see if I can try out a bow to see...

They will often have a few to select from so i look for one that seems to be tuned half decent (hard to find in most shops where there is a jerk) and et all setup and take their instruction patiently and pretend to be somewhat inept but before I release I get a good alignment and of course they have the newb at 10 yards to make sure I hit the but and will aim at a spot and plant an arrow... of course sights are out so i make a comment...man this bow just does not work... and often they will let me try another arrow.... In many cases the 2nd arrow will destry the first arrow and I still try to be inept and see how many arrows they will let me destroy before they realise that something is up.... (In Victoria I destroyed 8 arrows in a row before they figured it out) (In Texas I destroyed about 5 in each shop I was in)....

At this point they suddenkly realise they have been out jerked and I go on my way feeling much better!....

Yep I am so evil but it is so much fun!....
Finding places to go so a guy can outjerk another so called jerk....i just have to wonder ..why!! If that is what you call so much fun,i'm glad for you...but maybe you could put your energy into something constructive...instead of destructive...just sayin!!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Shouldn't this be in the "Can't fix stupid" thread?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Do you own an archery shop? if you do I may have to come visit!....
If duffy4 Owned an archery shop....i am sure he wouldn't want you hanging around all those jerks in there. Isn't it time you grew up alittle and don't forget to lean over...way over...then maybe that chip would fall off your shoulder

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Default Really....

I believe that most pro shops genuinely want to help people and get you set up properly..... Not sure how destroying there property is supposed to make you feel better. Congrats buddy you can play nock nock at 10 yards
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Shouldn't this be in the "Can't fix stupid" thread?
Yes!!!

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM

I'm a mod I'm supposed to be THE JERK. This will go nowhere fast......IBTL
Closed Thread