Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
I thot this years sportsmen show in Edmonton was better than in past years due to the increased hunting and fishing component. As usual lots of boats and quads etc but I did not check them out as I spent my time in the other two areas.

Went to the first Huntfest, was crowded but a good show none the less. Really looking forward to this years show in a bigger setting.
Huntfest is great! The sportsman show is a good place to buy raffle tickets...
Old 03-30-2011, 06:30 PM

I happened to be in Edmonton and went to the Boat and Sportsman show this year. My focus was hunting and fishing and quite frankly I was a bit dissappointed. Sure, the hunting section was in a large area but the content was small. One side was all AHEIA and really spread out. Fishing tackle was poorly represented as well IMO. Lots of boats, quads, Rvs, yard and acreage equipment. Not much for camping beyond RVing (except for TIPI Tent) either. I would love to check out Huntfest if I get a chance this year.
I would expect more posts to favour it over the Boat Show, after all this is the Hunting Category of the AO Forum!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
On a side note I am wondering how Wild TV/Huntfest/Kohler Lager plan on serving Kohler Lager at Northlands? I am sure a few of us could do without the Kohler Lager(even though it was great) but not sure how we could do without the Kohler Lager girls.
Good point Rocky.

As for me, I like both shows. Didn't make to the Sportmen's this year, but plan to attend Huntfest.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM

I agree with Nube on some points. The Sportsman show is a bit disappointing on hunting stuff. It is still worth going to in my opinion. There were some neat things there, but I think Huntfest has a few more things to offer the hunter.

I think the thing that disappoints me most about the Boat and Sportsman show is the fact that it tries to cover two different areas all in one tradeshow. The amount of ski boats there was obscene. As a sportsman I have no interest in ski boats or glitzy pleasure craft. Not to say that doesn't suit some or many sportsmen, but when I go to a 'Sportsman' show I want to see more machines that are designed to do jobs that sportsmen require. There is way too many Lunds and ski boats in there an not enough of other things, IMO. Lunds are great, but when every dealer has them, what's the point. You are just duplicating the same stuff, over and over.

Nice to see some river jet boats. There was only one West Coast boat that I saw; not enough, I believe. The Titan and Riverside guys looked dumbfounded when I inquired about inflatable models with twin engines. Overall, the show is way too oriented towards weekend warrior, fun-in-the sun types and just doesn't cut it for me as a sportsman. Still the show is fun and I still enjoy going. Nothing wrong with the show, just doesn't hit my bases in the hardware department. The fishing section has really improved.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM

i go to both every year, but i much prefer the huntfest show, im going to have to dissagree with sheep on this one, just because the show is bigger doesnt mean its better, theres an entire hall with just boats, mainly ski boats, and an entire hall of outfitters, now i have nothing against outfitters i just dont go to the sportsman show to look at their booths/photos. i go to look at the hunting gear and there is much more hunting gear at huntfest
Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 REM MAG View Post
i go to both every year, but i much prefer the huntfest show, im going to have to dissagree with sheep on this one, just because the show is bigger doesnt mean its better, theres an entire hall with just boats, mainly ski boats, and an entire hall of outfitters, now i have nothing against outfitters i just dont go to the sportsman show to look at their booths/photos. i go to look at the hunting gear and there is much more hunting gear at huntfest
Not really sure we disagree 7 rem......I like them both too......It's easy to see how one might prefer one over the other depending on their outdoor interests.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:02 PM

What we are erasing posts now????????
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Apparently....big brother is watching

Lefty
Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Posts that call people names... yes. Happens again and there will be suspensions. Grow up people!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM

I didn't see any name calling from Cal's post Rob??????
Old 03-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Thread closed.
Closed Thread