Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Iron Brew Iron Brew is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stony Plain
Posts: 1,858
Default Mad Minute record

So the old mad minute record from 1914 has been beaten (I missed this at the time). There are two videos in the article. One that broke the record and one that tied it.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...ifle-shooting/

The funny part is that I got this right after watching a video by a US soldier analyzing why the old record was absolutely impossible. LOL. Yup... Sure.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2020, 10:36 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alberta
Posts: 11,791
Default

Wow. Iron sights and a sling, 5 round magazine, and......go!!

That's mighty impressive. The best I could do would be to buy all of them beers.
__________________
'Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves a banana, they'll never climb another tree.'. Robert Heinlein

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Calamitus Necessaria Est. (Disaster is Inevitable)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2020, 11:29 PM
Iron Brew Iron Brew is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stony Plain
Posts: 1,858
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1BRY113whw&t=363s

This was the video I saw just prior to finding the article in the first comment.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-01-2020, 11:57 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 34,762
Default

It may seem out of this World to some guys that shoot off bipods with scopes but the shooters who use sling and irons, it is completely possible !
However it is something to see the actual record fall .
The biggest thing one must consider when looking at this type of shooting is the size of the target .
One must be able to actually see a big enough aiming point to hit with irons, and the light condition alone can play havoc on a sight picture !
In fact, at times I am surprised we can hit anything at all at the distances we shoot at!
Cat
__________________
" And then there's Neil Young- I'm certain there's a few loose strings on THAT guitar!"
Rex Murphy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:39 AM
Dick284's Avatar
Dick284 Dick284 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dreadful Valley
Posts: 13,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
It may seem out of this World to some guys that shoot off bipods with scopes but the shooters who use sling and irons, it is completely possible !
However it is something to see the actual record fall .
The biggest thing one must consider when looking at this type of shooting is the size of the target .
One must be able to actually see a big enough aiming point to hit with irons, and the light condition alone can play havoc on a sight picture !
In fact, at times I am surprised we can hit anything at all at the distances we shoot at!
Cat
Some days, all a guy can do is line up the fuzzy things, and let the “Force” do the rest.
__________________


There are no absolutes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2020, 01:18 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 34,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Some days, all a guy can do is line up the fuzzy things, and let the “Force” do the rest.
It seems like these days that is about normal for me !
Cat
__________________
" And then there's Neil Young- I'm certain there's a few loose strings on THAT guitar!"
Rex Murphy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2020, 05:11 PM
Dick284's Avatar
Dick284 Dick284 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dreadful Valley
Posts: 13,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
It seems like these days that is about normal for me !
Cat
Would that now be referred to as the “new normal?”
__________________


There are no absolutes
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-03-2020, 05:25 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 34,762
Default

Thevonecthingvivdo find amazing aboutvthecwhole Mad Minute record is the Europeans do it with five round magazines !
Cat
__________________
" And then there's Neil Young- I'm certain there's a few loose strings on THAT guitar!"
Rex Murphy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Headdamage Headdamage is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 684
Default

I guess bolt actions with magazines will be band now.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:06 PM
Iron Brew Iron Brew is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stony Plain
Posts: 1,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
I guess bolt actions with magazines will be band now.
Ahhh. But that is the Sauer 200. We can't get it here.

But the old record was set with an SMLE
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:15 PM
catnthehat's Avatar
catnthehat catnthehat is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ft. McMurray
Posts: 34,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Brew View Post
Ahhh. But that is the Sauer 200. We can't get it here.

But the old record was set with an SMLE
With a ten round mag, these shooters are limited to five round mags which adds time to the equation
Cat
__________________
" And then there's Neil Young- I'm certain there's a few loose strings on THAT guitar!"
Rex Murphy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.