Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-10-2017, 09:32 AM

Question NSR for Easter

Does anyone know if the ice is off NSR at Devin?
Headed up that way for Easter and was wondering if I could sneak in some fishing🎣
Old 04-10-2017, 08:05 PM

Still quite a lot of ice on in the west end of Edmonton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the info
I guess I'll leave the rod at home ��
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 AM

Didn't see any ice on the NSR where the Anthony Henday crosses it in the NE corner of the city when I drove over it last weekend. A couple spots with small areas of ice clinging to the shore, but pretty much open there. It did look pretty high though and with the recent weather the banks will be pretty slippery so be very careful if you do go.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 04-11-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
Didn't see any ice on the NSR where the Anthony Henday crosses it in the NE corner of the city when I drove over it last weekend. A couple spots with small areas of ice clinging to the shore, but pretty much open there. It did look pretty high though and with the recent weather the banks will be pretty slippery so be very careful if you do go.

SS
A large part of the NE stays open almost year round due to the warm water outflows throughout the city.

SE of city and west was pretty much solid ice a week or so ago. I believe it started breaking up the past few days though.

Could throw rod in but I wouldn't count on great conditions, weather not supposed to be that nice this weekend either.

I really wish things would warm up and lakes would open up, bored of thinking about fishing lol.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Out by Devon it has broken up. There are initial ice flows that are smaller but I also suspect there are more and bigger ones to come from upstream and should be here in time for the weekend - wanna place bets?

So sucky. And, the water at Devon is just a step above chocolate milk. Less than a foot of vis.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Banned

East of Lea park is wide open. West of the bridge there is still completely iced over. No luck tonight though for me and my boy but I four you answer more questions than I thought possible for a 4 year old you ask. Why's the water move? Where's it go? What's a bank lmao.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:54 AM

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like I would be losing a bunch of hardware between the ice flows, and that guy with the 30lbs braid ( lol)
Being from down south I don't think I have the right stuff for combat fishing.
Thanks all
Old 04-13-2017, 10:52 AM

Drove over a couple different bridges on NSR yesterday and pretty well open. Very little ice now in river itself but quite a bit of big slab ice along the shore which could make it rather treacherous and easy to slip in. Id be careful and of course the current is up with the melt so wouldnt be a fun fish in my opinion