Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Default Tikka T1X

Picked up a Tikka T1X 22lr. Scope a Nikon 3x9 prostaff rimfire.It handles and feels like a full size rifle.On paper in a few rds,and dead centre at 50m three shot group less than .5 in. Iron gopher size gong at 75m 9 hits out of 10.At 100m groups impressive.Trigger,Excellant.As far as over all reliability, that will take a few 8-10 hour days on the gopher fields.The common push ahead safety a plus over the reverse CZ.The ejection clean,compared to the marlin.The ruger days with 20rd plus mags no longer an advantage.This plain jane rifle with a 10 rd mag off to a good start---ammo 36gr win hp
Old 05-05-2019, 02:04 PM

My only gripe with Tikka in general are the mags, it seems like stores hardly carry mags for Tikka rifles (like the T3 and CTR), and when they do, they're like $150 each for a piece of plastic that feels like a Tupperware container. I wonder how much the mags for the t1X will be and when they will be available.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaunchyRhinos View Post
My only gripe with Tikka in general are the mags, it seems like stores hardly carry mags for Tikka rifles (like the T3 and CTR), and when they do, they're like $150 each for a piece of plastic that feels like a Tupperware container. I wonder how much the mags for the t1X will be and when they will be available.
I ordered a spare .17 online from Dante Sports out of Montreal for $39.95 plus shipping..

Jim...
Old 05-05-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I have a Tikka 6.5 creedmoor, Solid steel 10 shot, seems very durable.Its very rare that I need a magazine----But even rarer is a 22lr thats shoots as well out of the box as the T1X------
Old 05-05-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteman View Post
I have a Tikka 6.5 creedmoor, Solid steel 10 shot, seems very durable.Its very rare that I need a magazine----But even rarer is a 22lr thats shoots as well out of the box as the T1X------
is that the CTR?
I have a stainless lefty T3 in 308 (should have bought the CTR) that I've modified over the years to take AICS pattern mags, mainly because I can find metal 10rd AICS mags for $70, whereas the standard 5rd t3lite plastic mags run $115 each. plus CTR mags go for $200+ but I mainly use my T3 for target/comp use.

Now knowing that the T1X mags aren't $100+ per is nice though
Old 05-08-2019, 09:31 PM

Default Tikka

Quote:
is that the CTR?
I have a stainless lefty T3 in 308 (should have bought the CTR) that I've modified over the years to take AICS pattern mags, mainly because I can find metal 10rd AICS mags for $70, whereas the standard 5rd t3lite plastic mags run $115 each. plus CTR mags go for $200+ but I mainly use my T3 for target/comp use.

Now knowing that the T1X mags aren't $100+ per is nice though
The tikka I have with the hvy 10rd mag hvy for hunting,plan to pick up a lighter version both 6.5 creedmoor.I was a 30.06 man for many years.A lot to be said for the 6.5 creedmoor,The low recoil,And long range accuracy,on game and gong.Haveing said that with a moose draw,the 30.06 called up.Haveing hunting moose and caribou all over nfld,dont matter how big the bull is one shot and he going down--I should say one well placed shot,no pot shots here.