Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-12-2011, 07:49 AM

Default RCBS Chargemaster Combo

Over paid for one of these at Wholesale Sports a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it... Setting up charges is so fast now I can do 100 rounds in about 1/4 of the time it would take me to weigh out the charges for 50. It stores basic load information and will keep count of the number of charges you weigh out as you go. When you’ve emptied the pan and returned it to the scale, once it reaches a steady zero again it will automatically pour another charge.

The only improvements I can see would be to: a) make the powder hopper removable so you can just remove the hopper when you want to change powders instead of making you empty the unit out completely and b) make the display screen a few more lines so you can enter more descriptive load information in the title etc. The ability to hook it up to a PC would be nice too so you can keep more extensive notes etc. and would make it unnecessary to make the LED screen bigger.

Buy it at Cabelas.ca because it’s about $100 cheaper there. So after shipping you still get it for about $80 less than Wholesale. I didn’t do all my research before I bought so I got hosed on the price.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 AM

FYI Cabelas wont ship and Nachez SS has way better prices.

Good to hear you like it.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
FYI Cabelas wont ship and Nachez SS has way better prices.

Good to hear you like it.
Why won't cabelas ship? I've ordered dozens of reloading items from them with no issue. Never heard of nachez ss, got a link to it?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnm View Post
why won't cabelas ship? I've ordered dozens of reloading items from them with no issue. Never heard of nachez ss, got a link to it?
try cabela"s .ca
Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullijr View Post
try cabela"s .ca

Original post referenced "cabelas.ca" Guess Mike forgot his glasses this morning.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM

I just had a chargemaster combo delivered from Natchez. Price was 279.95 U.S. So a bit less Canadian funds (Exchange rate of .958)= 268.19, but had to pay shipping fee of 32.49.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
I just had a chargemaster combo delivered from Natchez. Price was 279.95 U.S. So a bit less Canadian funds (Exchange rate of .958)= 268.19, but had to pay shipping fee of 32.49.
Boy did I get raped on the price...
Old 05-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

have any of you guys tweaked the setpoints, super fast after you tweak, lyman dps 3 sits in corner now collecting dust.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
Original post referenced "cabelas.ca" Guess Mike forgot his glasses this morning.
Yes I did
Sorry yeah I was referring to cabelas USA
Old 05-12-2011, 06:06 PM

Got mine from Natchez in January I think, and can't believe I waited so long before buying one. I believe $326 delivered.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:07 PM

Default chargemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
Why won't cabelas ship? I've ordered dozens of reloading items from them with no issue. Never heard of nachez ss, got a link to it?
They have all reloading supplies listed as "restricted" and will not export (company policy). Blow them off and go Natchez, you will not regret it:

http://www.natchezss.com/

Mine arrived in about a week and came in under $300 with the exchange rate. Shipping is a tad expensive but you will still save a bundle over anywhere in Canada.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:25 PM

What's the diff. between the RCBS and the Hornady auto charge?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 PM

After seeing this thread I ordered one from Natchez. I will let you know how it all works out.

Joe
Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
have any of you guys tweaked the setpoints, super fast after you tweak, lyman dps 3 sits in corner now collecting dust.
I have all the codes, but I'm too chicken to do it, plus it works fine with the factory settings. What did you change?

To the OP: now you need a Lyman Power Trimmer, and watch your production go up even more. Hand trimming was not a lot of fun.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:31 AM

Yeah that Natchez place looks like it's got some pretty sweet deals. I read the section for international shipping and they mentioned that they would not ship ammunition or components like bullets, shells, primers etc. Which is too bad because they have some really great prices on all that.

Wish we could find a place to order loading components from in Canada with similar prices...