Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2015, 09:25 PM

Default Landlord and tennant issues advice please

Ill try to make this as short as i can . So my giflfriend has been renting a basement suite for 3 yrs.the landlord and his brother live upstairs.ill add before this we all were somewhat friends. About 2 weeks ago the landlords brother tried to come into her house while we were gone he claims because my gf burrowed his dog hair clippers and he needed them. My gf had locked the door to the laundry room which is also where the stairway to upstairs is. So he got mad phoned her up screamed at her threatened to have his brother evict her and that he was gonna change her lock. So naturaly she went home from work early and when she got there he started another yelling match and proceeded to call the police on her claiming she didnt live here . So she produced rent reciepts for the past three yrs and the police said to just stay away from him. Ok thats fine but that day be put a latch and lock on the laundry room door so now she has no access to the laundry machine . The landlord has basicaly sided with his brother and is making my gfs life a living hell. Told her she now has to get rid of her dogs or get out when shes had them the whole time and the dogs are kenneled for the most part if they arent outside .ill add this as well the entire time shes lived there they have been promising to install a kitchen sink because there isnt one and unseal the windows cause they are glued shut. Now there is only one door she can get out from and that is it . And theres a doorway before it kinda dangerous if there were to be a fire inside.also they basicaly control the mail and i dont think they are goving her hers as she hasnt got mail since even though stuff she bought online says delivered. Anyways im hoping someone on here has bee n through a similar situation and can give me some advice or someone who knows what what with this kinda thing . It would be greatly appreciated cause she cannot afford to move at all