Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 05:42 PM

Default It gets better: Global- Indigenous American can hunt here...

https://globalnews.ca/news/5234998/b...unting-canada/

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Banned

Nicely done,,,bringing this thread back,,,nicely done
Old 05-04-2019, 08:30 AM

Public land non treaty hunting opportunities will be gone soon. When game is shot out on public lands. There will be issues on private lands increasing. Future not good.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
Public land non treaty hunting opportunities will be gone soon. When game is shot out on public lands. There will be issues on private lands increasing. Future not good.
That’s new to the 20 page thread lmao
Old 05-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Banned

After a while most non indian folks will say screw it and just hunt traditionally as well. Equal rights for all.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Banned

Meeting with my MLA this week to discuss. Very surprised he has such a large interest TBH. But the scam was noticed at the higher levels and he is interested in a discussion.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
With the population growth rate can you imagine how many unregulated hunters there will be in 20 years? Like talk about a total lack of foresight on our governments behalf. In 20 years even treaty status will mean nothing. You can’t kill what is no longer there, LOL!!!

Might as well poach now while you still have the opportunity.
We practice conservation, maybe it's time you turned off wild TV and did your part.
How many coyotes or wolves to you harvest in a year? You're starting to sound like Trudeau thinking an eco system will balance itself.
Personally I'd lean heavily on metis killing off cwd so your children have the opportunity to hunt.
Have a great day.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaBuck View Post
We practice conservation, maybe it's time you turned off wild TV and did your part.
How many coyotes or wolves to you harvest in a year? You're starting to sound like Trudeau thinking an eco system will balance itself.
Personally I'd lean heavily on metis killing off cwd so your children have the opportunity to hunt.
Have a great day.
Haha haha

Hahaha

Haha

I believe your intentions are honorable, but I know for a fact it’s far from reality.

If you think combating cwd is something the Métis will concur I don’t think we have much to discuss.

I will have a great day, I wish the same for you as well.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:21 AM
Banned

Just the nose
Old 01-03-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baticus View Post
More posturing from the current government for votes is all that is.

Coming from a metis guy, this whole sky is falling theory is getting old. To most metis in those areas, it wont change much. Sure there may be a few bad apples that will take this overboard, but that already happens with a few within the current fn agreement. But it also happens with a few that are not effected by these agreements.

Don't forget that MOST everyone that enjoys the outdoors, and hunting or fishing, wouldn't want to see its resources depleted. We are all stewards of the land.

Also, although I do not agree with the apparent lack of agreement for the southern part of the province (thanks phillips for wanting to protect your "parks") this is more than just a provincial agreement. The supreme court of Canada has deemed it a constitutional right for metis. This means that although this agreement could get changed, or scrapped for a period of time, there will always be another.

I’ve read lots of these posts and it reminds me of the Sunday comics. This guy had nailed exactly how it’s gonna be. Just because the Métis can doesn’t mean every single one of them is gonna run out and hunt and fish. If they did before I’m sure they will continue to hunt and fish in the same way. The sky is not falling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2020, 06:23 PM

The government sure has succeeded in dividing the people here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2020, 02:59 PM

Default no one wants cwd !!!

Quote:
Have a great day.
how so metis killing off cwd so your children have the opportunity to hunt.I am sure the rest of the world worried about cwd would like to hear about it .
Old 01-04-2020, 04:31 PM

I’m a Métis harvester and nothing changed for me. I have no desire to run out and kill everything that moves. I will buy my sheep tag next year, jump on my horse and head into the mountains with my buddies and my pack string. Aug 25 I’ll start another sheep hunt and as always will pass on squeakers.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
I’m a Métis harvester and nothing changed for me. I have no desire to run out and kill everything that moves. I will buy my sheep tag next year, jump on my horse and head into the mountains with my buddies and my pack string. Aug 25 I’ll start another sheep hunt and as always will pass on squeakers.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
After a while most non indian folks will say screw it and just hunt traditionally as well. Equal rights for all.
There's a lot that already do.....