Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-20-2019, 07:56 PM

Default Awesome Big Walleye Contest! March 23-31

10 biggest walleye get some SICK prizes! Check it out. Sadly I'm swamped with grad school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPypmd1kwZ0
Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 PM

There are some great prizes to win.If you fish lakes that produce large walleye it would be well worth the ten dollar entry fee.Myself i have wasted ten bucks on alot of other things.I doubt Pigeon will produce a 28" fish but what the heck.Good luck to all that enter the contest.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:30 AM

Showed my girlfriend this and now she wants to make a trip to Tobin to try and win. Did not expect that response!
Old 03-21-2019, 09:17 AM

I would love to give this a go however the only lake i would be going to is pigeon haha dont havt the time to go far

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 03-21-2019, 01:54 PM

I'm honestly not sure we, in Alberta, can compete with the walleye that are going to top this contest. There will obviously be some 30"+ tankers out of Manitoba, but the winners might be those mutant freaks in Washington that are coming outta the Columbia River feeding on those salmonoid species that roam in there. I was thinking Newell might be one of the only places in the southern half of the province that could compete, but it would almost have to be a fluke...
Old 03-21-2019, 03:49 PM

We Albertans probably don't stand a chance but it does add a lot of fun to the fishing!
Old 03-21-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
I'm honestly not sure we, in Alberta, can compete with the walleye that are going to top this contest. There will obviously be some 30"+ tankers out of Manitoba, but the winners might be those mutant freaks in Washington that are coming outta the Columbia River feeding on those salmonoid species that roam in there. I was thinking Newell might be one of the only places in the southern half of the province that could compete, but it would almost have to be a fluke...
And its closed....
Old 03-21-2019, 07:46 PM

Ah, it will be fun. For 10 bucks my uncle and I entered and will be putting up some stunted 50 cm walleye on the FishDonkey App. Since there are millions in Alberta shouldn't be hard to get a few stunted entries on the board.

If we were river fishing might actually have a shot, but we are ice fishing so if we get a 27 inch I think we will be lucky and not near the top.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 03-22-2019, 01:22 AM

I liked this idea when I saw his video. Going to enter it too, even though walleye don't like my hooks in the winter time haha. Caught a real nice 15"er this year haha. Hard to beat ol Aaron though as he's fishing places like Lake Winnipeg and such in the 100 000 lake province haha
Old 03-22-2019, 01:00 PM

Anything under 25" isn't even worth entering, imo. Anything between 20-25 is a dinker, especially by MB standards. there'll be a ton of 28-30s entered, and I'm curious to see any legit 30"+ that get entered. Really curious...I've heard tell of 32-33" that come outta the Red River. Those are usually pretty snakey and not really thick pigs, but still....
Old 03-22-2019, 01:40 PM

Uncut angling. Aron Weibe was built to be behind a camera. Nothing fake or forced. Very informative and entertaining. Best host out there. It’s not even close.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Uncut angling. Aron Weibe was built to be behind a camera. Nothing fake or forced. Very informative and entertaining. Best host out there. It’s not even close.
Agreed...the dude is a freak of nature, in that he's both a phenomenal fisherman AND killer on-camera host. There is nobody else like him...
Old 03-22-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
Ah, it will be fun. For 10 bucks my uncle and I entered and will be putting up some stunted 50 cm walleye on the FishDonkey App. Since there are millions in Alberta shouldn't be hard to get a few stunted entries on the board.

If we were river fishing might actually have a shot, but we are ice fishing so if we get a 27 inch I think we will be lucky and not near the top.
Good point. If it were open water river fishing, I feel like I would have the opportunity to post a 30 incher.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Anything under 25" isn't even worth entering, imo. Anything between 20-25 is a dinker, especially by MB standards. there'll be a ton of 28-30s entered, and I'm curious to see any legit 30"+ that get entered. Really curious...I've heard tell of 32-33" that come outta the Red River. Those are usually pretty snakey and not really thick pigs, but still....
Ah it's worth entering anything, there is a daily draw for 100 dollar frost bite prize. May not even have to enter a fish for that though. I'm going to enter any three I catch first and then whatever i get to better that. It's a competition. They could have a bad bite. Might get lucky.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
Old 03-22-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Agreed....by far the most real and entertaining. I'm not a big YouTube watcher but I was hooked ever since I saw his video where he turns his YouTube subscriber award thing into a giant pike lure.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:57 AM

Wiebe is the OG for sure, but Clayton Schick and Jay Siemens also do great vids. The Konrad Twins aren't BAD, but it's more just like cell phone and a little bit of go pro...
Old 03-23-2019, 08:42 AM

Aaron weibe is the best forsure, no comparison

They got 406 entries for the tournament. Yikes!! Alot of Canadians in there

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 03-24-2019, 09:41 AM

NSR is breaking up at just the right time!
Old 04-07-2019, 11:00 AM

https://youtu.be/knQFvCQ5UMI

We Salvaged this day after failing getting into a back country perch lake due to snow that was just TOO DEEP. The ATVs could not handle it. So we ended up on LLB where some big ones swim for the evening bite. The fish were spread thin but pretty aggressive. The slender spoon was bringing them in from a distance and they would usually come in hot and smack it. I missed a bunch of the actual action due to dead batteries and just not keeping the camera rolling. Sorry for that. It's been a slow unpredictable winter for us. Makes video very tough. But hey we got the Fish Donkey App entry pics and release videos at the end from my fish at least for you to enjoy!*

Thanks for watching. Thank you Aaron for putting this one. My uncle and I entered and we really enjoyed it. If you put on another one and we happen to be fishing I'm sure we will do it again! Even though we most likely have no hope in grabbing a top spot.*

Old 04-07-2019, 03:14 PM

Anybody know the length of the 15 lb 11 oz. Alberta record walleye caught in the Pembina River a few years back?
Old 04-07-2019, 03:21 PM

We caught a 15.4 lb walleye 4 years back and it was 32 inches

Last edited by -JR-; 04-07-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
We caught a 15.4 lb walleye 4 years back and it was 32 inches
Thanks. I think the Canadian record was around 18 lbs and 34" caught in Ontario. My PB was a 12 pounder out of the Peace River in the 70s.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Anyone know what the winning fish and three fish were and from where.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2019, 10:42 PM

31.25” hard water but not sure where
30.75” open water not sure where
30.75” open water not sure where

3 fish stringer 91.75” including one of the 30.75”
Old 04-07-2019, 11:43 PM

Winner came from the Columbia River.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:01 AM

Thanks
Old 04-08-2019, 01:26 PM

Vid coming soon....AW and his girlfriend went up to Wekusko to try and get on the winning fish, but my understanding is they didn't get it. Was his buddy (and dog Rufus!) from Washington that nailed a beauty out of the Columbia. But again, vid should be out really soon...
Old 04-12-2019, 10:36 PM

Premiered NOW

My Uncle and I had a lot of fun with the Uncut Angling VS Everybody Walleye Tournament. Thank you Aaron, my uncle even won one of the FROST BITE 100$ Daily Draw Prizes!!!! So Woohoo! Paid to enter those Sub Giant walleye we were catching after all. Great that he had the draw to make us more inferior anglers on submonster walleye waters feel like we still had a chance. Well here you go our second decent walleye anging day. The other three days spent on ice were either Epic walleye failures or Perch fishing days. Whichever way you chose to look at it we did not catch any 30 inch walleye. till next time! Keep your hook in the water and go catch a monster.

In this video you probably also saw that we slayed the walleye with these new Jigging Jaw Jackers. They really are amazing. You see how I was missing fish after fish and somehow these Jaw Jackers were sealing the deal for sure! Highly recommend them after one season of use. Super long batter life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ipx8IQJE18

Old 04-13-2019, 07:36 AM

Sounds like there's another one coming over the May Long, according to Wiebe's social media...
Old 04-13-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Sounds like there's another one coming over the May Long, according to Wiebe's social media...
Yes sounds like it but unfortunately I'm working that whole time or I'd be trying again.