Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Banned

Default dog for sale or trade

So anyway I am pretty new to the area and have been working pretty hard so not a lot of time to get out hunting. 2nd last day of season I am on my way home from working a night shift and see a little whitetail buck heading for some does that frequent an oat field next to my house. I run in grab a rifle and run to the back fence just in time to intercept him. I figure if he wants in my freezer that badly who am I to say no. BANG down he goes. I mean he is really little, barely got the seed back.

Yesterday my smartass dog drags home a head with a fairly respectable set of antlers attached. WAY bigger than my pathetic little bambi. I guess he found a roadkill or unrecovered hunter kill or whatever. Anyway the bugger puts it right up on the back steps where he knows I'll see it. I told him everybody hates a show off and its really not about the size of the rack but I don't think he believes me. Anyway I am just going to claim his deer as my own and if he dont like it he can get a job and buy his own kibbles.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Default dog/deer

thats funny as hell man.. ive been shown up by alot of people but not the dog!! congrats on the deer though!!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 PM

, reminds me of a phesant hunt I was on where the dog was the only one that got a bird that day!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:26 AM

That is funny...