Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-18-2007, 09:27 PM

Where were you tryin to get ducks at? There was lots of ducks at mcgregor on Sat. We been tryin to line up 1 more goose shoot.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Dec 1

So we went out and braved the arctic air (high of -21) on Sat morning with 2 other buds and Pocket. The birds were moving a little late, but nice and low and decoyed well. It's a good thing we had other shooters out bc I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a freakin canoe! Either way though it was a great day with Pocket having to cross the river and chase a runner down. That was so cool! Also we had to send her on 3 blinds and well was I ever proud as she took amazing casts from Dustin and got all three blinds like a pro! One guy with us hunted last yr and he commented on how wicked it is to have her handle and not have to bust out the waders anymore to get those birds....I'm still smiling and feel great that the training is paying off and she's applying it to hunting! Here are some pics.

Packing up the gear and heading home, check out the ice on her and the dekes and grass

Chessie with some extra weight (check out her tail), but it didn't slow her down at all!

Family pic minus Dozer
Old 12-04-2007, 09:39 PM

Good Stories, and nice job on your first season.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:24 AM

Default congrats

awsome for you guys, dustin you got a keeper/
Old 12-10-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Dec 8

We headed out again with a buddy to hunt the river, with the forcast projecting 0. Well that wasn't the case until 1pmish and we were bundled up again hunting in -27 again! The ducks were flying and we were having a blast! It was really chilly though and we only stayed for 2.5hrs, we got 6 mallards (5 Drakes). Pocket chased down a wicked cripple that tried to fly away and was caught about 3 feet off the ground, tracked down a runner and handled very nicely on one blind. My camera crapped out in the cold and went dead so I took pics back at home. Overall a great day!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 AM
sheephunter

Man that looks cold but what incredible plummage on the birds this time of year. I hope to get out once more....congrats on a fine day!