Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
I'm a happily married ,heterosexual, caucasian ,Christian ,healthy,middle class, male under 40 yrs old. I don't smoke or do drugs, I fish and hunt, and eat all types of meat, I've never been on E.I, or WCB but pay into them through taxes. I don't have any piercings or tattos. I've never been to prison or charged. I own guns, trucks and a house. I bowhunt, play sports, and love the outdoors. I live in Canada.

I also face the most discrimination and negative stereotypes in my country.
I never bitch about it, and take the abuse that is handed to me, some of my laws fail to protect me................................................ .............All I want, is to be treated equally, and have the same rights as the so called " minorities." in my country. I am an Albertan ,and a Canadian. This is how I feel.

Thank you.
And your full of sh!t to.. Hell boy at least be a man and show up for your demons...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

^^^.....um....i dont get it?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
And your full of sh!t to.. Hell boy at least be a man and show up for your demons...
call it a night buddy,...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
call it a night buddy,...
Yes I will and thank you for youre info...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I'm a happily married ,heterosexual, caucasian ,Christian ,healthy,middle class, male under 40 yrs old. I don't smoke or do drugs, I fish and hunt, and eat all types of meat, I've never been on E.I, or WCB but pay into them through taxes. I don't have any piercings or tattos. I've never been to prison or charged. I own guns, trucks and a house. I bowhunt, play sports, and love the outdoors. I live in Canada.

I never bitch about it, and take the abuse that is handed to me, some of my laws fail to protect me................................................ .............All I want, is to be treated equally, and have the same rights as the so called " minorities." in my country. I am an Albertan ,and a Canadian. This is how I feel.

Thank you.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

i agree as well
Old 07-02-2010, 11:27 PM

How do you recognize regurgitation?

Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 PM

Old 07-02-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:

Thank you.
This is the best post of this whole thread. I'm tired of giving out the free handouts as well. This is the year 2010 for goodness sakes. It's time for the Gov't to get some balls and make some changes for the better. Make people equal. We all need to pay taxes, get jobs, pay for our hunting licenses and take our fair share whether we be white , brown, or black. There are too many freebees in the hunting game for those that are not white. As far as I see it we all should have the same rights for hunting. If you can't afford to feed your family whether you be white or brown adn can kill a deer for less money than buying a piece of meat at the store than have at her but I doubt there are very many in this province that NEED to hunt to put food on the table becasue they are too broke to get it any other way.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
This is the best post of this whole thread. I'm tired of giving out the free handouts as well. This is the year 2010 for goodness sakes. It's time for the Gov't to get some balls and make some changes for the better. Make people equal. We all need to pay taxes, get jobs, pay for our hunting licenses and take our fair share whether we be white , brown, or black. There are too many freebees in the hunting game for those that are not white. As far as I see it we all should have the same rights for hunting. If you can't afford to feed your family whether you be white or brown adn can kill a deer for less money than buying a piece of meat at the store than have at her but I doubt there are very many in this province that NEED to hunt to put food on the table becasue they are too broke to get it any other way.
this is more than just hunting at stake. there should be equality for all in all aspects of life.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Sorry but you can't speak on behalf of anyone other than yourself, certainly not the majority of "level headed Metis" because I'm quite certain that a majority of them might have actually taken offense with some of the posts you've made about the Metis in this thread.

Selective? I quoted from the Harvesting agreement because it pertains to this thread but I included the link to the MNA main website. Quite frankly, I haven't read the other stuff that you posted because I have no interest in it, I don't think the Metis will get what they are seeking, to me it is null. Please don't try to infer that I'm misleading anyone from the link that I posted. What you quoted as absolutely NIL to do with the harvesting agreement we're discussing here.

I don't know what you want me to say. People have it set in their minds that the Metis are going to abuse this right and nothing is going to change their minds. And while we're at it, Hey Rafter, are you Metis? Please cleaer this up for us. If not please don't speak on behalf of the Metis people. We have enough Metis politicians doing that already.

Hey Sporty are you Metis?? I speak to both sides. I believe Canada has freedom of speech.

Assumptions that are not founded lead us no where.

As for you asking me not to speak for the Metis, I wonder what grounds you base that on. Are you active with the MNA, do you participate in a meaningful way with Metis, are you a real Metis, do you have a new card to prove it, are you a leader within the Metis community of the Northwest, have you contributed to the Metis Harvest defence fund, have you voted on the Metis Constitution, have you helped any elders with food or any other type of support, do you attend assemblies and vote to help guide the future of Metis People in Alberta.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:

Hey Rafter, are you Metis? Please cleaer this up for us. If not please don't speak on behalf of the Metis people. We have enough Metis politicians doing that already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
Hey Sporty are you Metis?? I speak to both sides. I believe Canada has freedom of speech.

As for you asking me not to speak for the Metis, I wonder what grounds you base that on.
Rafter,

Sporty made a very clear and simple request to you. He clearly asked you not to speak on behalf of the Metis if you are not Metis.

Please answer these questions.

Are you a member of the Metis Nation?

Do you have any direct involvement in the court case with Ron Jones shooting a Pronghorn out of season for political reasons?

Thank you,

Walking Buffalo
Old 07-03-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
The essence was, he was trying to stir the pot, as you can see his posts are all over the place and he even asked in one how one goes about getting a Metis card. He is not Metis. As for your other questions, I can't answer them to your satisfaction. The Metis I know are good people, many of them haven't bothered with the Harvesting agreement, they still buy their tags. There were instances of abuse with the original IMHA but they weren't wide spread and rampant as its being made out to be. I think its pretty clear that if ram tastes better than an ewe, according to that poster, then any ram will do no? It doesn't have to be a ram with a humongous rack? Wouldn't something like that determine whether a Metis was trophy hunting or not? I'm not being facetious because I don't know anything about trophy hunting nor what is involved and what is considered a trophy animal.

Fight for what you think is right, I fight for what I think is right. I don't participate in the Harvesting agreement but I do take offense to posts such as the one a few above this one that basically called Metis criminals because of their support of Louis Riel. Posts like that are only ruining what was a very intelligent and respectful debate for the most part.
Sporty,

The reason for me asking Spot and Stalk the question what qualifies for a Metis Card was his statement "as a man who easily qualifies for the Blond Haired Metis Card"

His statement makes me assume that He is not Metis but throws that he is out to the rest of us.

I just wonder if he knows what it takes to easily qualify for the Blond Haired Metis Card.

I guess I do not take his comment too seriously that he is Metis but in essence I would take it seriously if he could expand on his statement.

Thanks,
Rafter
Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:

As for you asking me not to speak for the Metis, I wonder what grounds you base that on. Are you active with the MNA, do you participate in a meaningful way with Metis, are you a real Metis, do you have a new card to prove it, are you a leader within the Metis community of the Northwest, have you contributed to the Metis Harvest defence fund, have you voted on the Metis Constitution, have you helped any elders with food or any other type of support, do you attend assemblies and vote to help guide the future of Metis People in Alberta.
Sporty,

I have to apologize for my comments here to you. I went back and read your earlier posts and realize that you are Metis.

Sorry,
Rafter
Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Rafter,

Sporty made a very clear and simple request to you. He clearly asked you not to speak on behalf of the Metis if you are not Metis.

Do you have any direct involvement in the court case with Ron Jones shooting a Pronghorn out of season for political reasons?

Thank you,

Walking Buffalo

He must not be able to read this post there WB. At least it must be hard for him to answere it anyways.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
He must not be able to read this post there WB. At least it must be hard for him to answere it anyways.
Rafter certainly can and has read the post, he is just ignoring it like he has whenever factual evidence against his position has been brought forward.
He will question and ask for other posters to state their heritage,
Why won't he answer the question? I don't know...

For a person who presents himself with a strong degree of pride, it surprises me that Rafter would dodge these questions I asked.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:05 AM

It would seem the most reasonable solution to the "subsistence hunting" issue would be to establish a clear definition of "subsistence" and then issue free a subsistence licence to all who qualify, regardless of their heritage. I don't believe there was ever any intent include hunting for sport in any agreement.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
It would seem the most reasonable solution to the "subsistence hunting" issue would be to establish a clear definition of "subsistence" and then issue free a subsistence licence to all who qualify, regardless of their heritage. I don't believe there was ever any intent include hunting for sport in any agreement.
Exactly. And the head should be handed in as well to fish and wildlife so there is none of the trophy stuff involves at all.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Exactly. And the head should be handed in as well to fish and wildlife so there is none of the trophy stuff involves at all.
Good point Nube. I believe there is a hunt for musk-ox in Alaska that is done this way. Horns are cut off and property of the state.

tm
Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned

Whoooa a little bit to much wine last night..

I really have to learn to keep my fingers off this thing when I am bent out of shape !!!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:33 AM

Good on ya Walleyes....hope the head isn't too bad. Glad to have you back.

tm
Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Rafter,

Thank you,

Walking Buffalo
As Rafter signed post 336 as "Ron", I would guess that Rafter is Ron Jones.

In response to another post, I did read the IMHA, and it did specify no trophy hunting. Metis hunters registered cougars and grizzly bears during the IMHA, effectively turning themselves in if the MNA was going to enforce the "no trophy hunting" clause of the IMHA.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Sporty,

I have to apologize for my comments here to you. I went back and read your earlier posts and realize that you are Metis.

Sorry,
Rafter

Thanks for the apology, I too apologize if I put you on the spot about asking if you're Metis or not. I don't think that statements such as "ram tastes much better than ewe" and "what constitutes trophy" are needed when this is such a delicate issue. When the sky is falling for some people and others that, IMO, have valid concerns about Metis harvesting, comments such as that only stir the pot.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the apology, I too apologize if I put you on the spot about asking if you're Metis or not. I don't think that statements such as "ram tastes much better than ewe" and "what constitutes trophy" are needed when this is such a delicate issue. When the sky is falling for some people and others that, IMO, have valid concerns about Metis harvesting, comments such as that only stir the pot.
Sporty,

Fair enough. I agree that this is a sensitive issue and we need cooler heads to prevail.

Thanks,
Rafter
Old 07-03-2010, 06:14 PM

Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

geez rafter, you have asked questions here and been given answers to them. why are you now refusing to do the same? are you metis, and do you have any direct involvement with those in the court case? back when i mentioned having interaction with one of ther men involved in the court case, you said it must be hirsekorn as the other guy doesnt smoke. how do you know the other guy doesnt smoke? you seem to be beaming with pride about many of the issues raised here, but when asked about yourself you completely ignore it. are you ashamed of the answers to these questions?

im not ashamed of who i am or what i have said. if you dont know....im dale allen.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
geez rafter, you have asked questions here and been given answers to them. why are you now refusing to do the same? are you metis, and do you have any direct involvement with those in the court case? back when i mentioned having interaction with one of ther men involved in the court case, you said it must be hirsekorn as the other guy doesnt smoke. how do you know the other guy doesnt smoke? you seem to be beaming with pride about many of the issues raised here, but when asked about yourself you completely ignore it. are you ashamed of the answers to these questions?

im not ashamed of who i am or what i have said. if you dont know....im dale allen.
Who's Dave Allen?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
Who's Dave Allen?
my biological father.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 PM

who are you then... Dale?
Closed Thread