Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 PM

Default Getting Back into Fly Fishin with some Vintage Gear

Finally unpacked a few more box's & found my fly fishin gear that was in storage for the past 20 years. At first glance, everything looks O.K. the Hardy and Fenwick GF858 was a decent set up back then, however, the rod is 8'-6" & I'm guessing most guys are using 9' or 10' rods these days. Imagine it all needs a good cleaning and I should be good to go.

My buddy found me a used Fish Cat 4 on Kijiji for $100.00 bucks, picked up a pump, fins, waders, booties & rod holder & float tube rod rack.

Plan to do a bit of research on the forum to get up to speed & will post a few of my adventures.

Z-Z

Old 04-18-2014, 06:09 PM

Beauties thanks for posting.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 04-18-2014, 06:36 PM

If your line is no longer in good condition, give me your address.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Finally unpacked a few more box's & found my fly fishin gear that was in storage for the past 20 years. At first glance, everything looks O.K. the Hardy and Fenwick GF858 was a decent set up back then, however, the rod is 8'-6" & I'm guessing most guys are using 9' or 10' rods these days. Imagine it all needs a good cleaning and I should be good to go.

My buddy found me a used Fish Cat 4 on Kijiji for $100.00 bucks, picked up a pump, fins, waders, booties & rod holder & float tube rod rack.

Plan to do a bit of research on the forum to get up to speed & will post a few of my adventures.

Z-Z

Did any recent river fishing day insipire you

My guess is your rod is in a lot better shape than some of those new ones . Looks great bud!

Cheers
Old 04-18-2014, 07:21 PM

Smile A man after my own heart!

I'm going to start and look for my hand made rod, and my hardy reel. I wonder if the line will come off like a slinky?

All get to it as soon as I get the Christmas tree down, I like to have it out of the house by Easter.