Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerfart View Post
There's something funny going on here... why did the numbers flip in the middle of the night?
Exactly, something funny going on. Switched ##. Also said I voted before?? Didn’t even know about this until this morning.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:29 AM

I can't find the poll anymore. All I see is a video of Gregoire-Trudeau encourages others to speak on gun control
Old 12-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
I can't find the poll anymore. All I see is a video of Gregoire-Trudeau encourages others to speak on gun control
Same.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Noticed approx 13000 yes, 6000 no. Roughly 19-20k votes. However in the other 10 different polls on the poll results page had approx 2k responses (if that means anything). Surprised at large voter turnout overnight in Montreal.
Another reason why I would not trust electronic voting system. Perfect example, to easy to alter, data.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
There's something funny going on here... why did the numbers flip in the middle of the night?
It should be obvious what had to happen for the results to change that much in less than an hour after trending steadily for over ten hours.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:54 AM

Default Lets hope there is some truth to this.

http://www.news1130.com/2017/12/04/mp-guns-urban-areas/

MPs scoff the idea of banning all guns in urban areas

OTTAWA (NEWS 1130) – Federal politicians of all stripes are dismissing the idea of a complete gun ban in urban areas, even as a new poll suggests two thirds of Canadians support it.

MP after MP seems to be scoffing at the thought of a total ban in urban areas.

Conservative James Bezan doesn’t think it should be discussed. “It would be a complete non-starter and is an affront to the responsible firearms owners in this country.”

NATIONAL
by CORMAC MACSWEENEY
Posted Dec 4, 2017 11:20 am PST

(iStock Photo)
Close caption
SUMMARY

New poll suggests two thirds of Canadians support complete gun ban in urban areas

MPs from different parties don't think a total gun ban in urban areas needs to be discussed
OTTAWA (NEWS 1130) – Federal politicians of all stripes are dismissing the idea of a complete gun ban in urban areas, even as a new poll suggests two thirds of Canadians support it.

Conservative James Bezan doesn’t think it should be discussed. “It would be a complete non-starter and is an affront to the responsible firearms owners in this country.”

“None of those criminals that are using firearms to illicit their crimes have ever taken a firearms training course, have ever bothered getting licensed themselves. So, it’s not going to fix the problem that people think it’s going to fix,” he adds.

They say legitimate hunters and recreational shooters shouldn’t be targeted because of the problems of an illegal gun trade.

Even Liberals like Scott Simms say they understand the concerns about gun violence but bans like this are not the answer.

“People who think that is going to make a big difference, they may feel they’re right on target. But they’re pretty wide of the mark, actually.”

The poll comes as the Trudeau government tries to craft new gun control laws. Legislation is expected next year.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:09 AM

Default This is a "ranging shot"

First it tells how much interest there is in the topic. Next depending on how sophisticated the survey is, are there any votes in it.
This is not a government survey but you can bet that both sides are following it very closely.

What will happen next (IMO) they will see if there is support/opposition for certain kind of guns.

I can't stress enough that political parties are amoral and will say/do what ever they think will get them elected. This is part of the election platforms in the making.

The ideal issues are ones the majority of voters support and so does your party and your opponent opposes.

These are hard to find but worth looking for. That's what you are seeing now. There will be lots more, such as pipelines, parks, Isis, etc.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Did anyone else vote on your computer or phone, or using another phone or computer using the same router/modem? I believe that each IP address can only vote once.
Nope. There is just me and my one 'puter.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 12-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
http://www.news1130.com/2017/12/04/mp-guns-urban-areas/

NATIONAL
by CORMAC MACSWEENEY
Posted Dec 4, 2017 11:20 am PST

(iStock Photo)
Close caption
SUMMARY

New poll suggests two thirds of Canadians support complete gun ban in urban areas

MPs from different parties don't think a total gun ban in urban areas needs to be discussed

“None of those criminals that are using firearms to illicit their crimes have ever taken a firearms training course, have ever bothered getting licensed themselves. So, it’s not going to fix the problem that people think it’s going to fix,” he adds.

They say legitimate hunters and recreational shooters shouldn’t be targeted because of the problems of an illegal gun trade.

Even Liberals like Scott Simms say they understand the concerns about gun violence but bans like this are not the answer.

“People who think that is going to make a big difference, they may feel they’re right on target. But they’re pretty wide of the mark, actually.”

The poll comes as the Trudeau government tries to craft new gun control laws. Legislation is expected next year.
I think this makes it clear how flawed (manipulated) the polls are.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I think this makes it clear how flawed (manipulated) the polls are.
Unfortunately , it only takes one person to completely destroy the results by instantly adding 10,000 votes, after a consistent trend for ten hours. So now this poll is as badly flawed as the previous one.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately , it only takes one person to completely destroy the results by instantly adding 10,000 votes, after a consistent trend for ten hours. So now this poll is as badly flawed as the previous one.
The previous one can be counted as statistically representative based on the number of respondents. The only thing to examine would he how they phrased the question and how respondents were chosen (random calling or from a list of people who had previously signed up to be polled).

The CTV poll would be useless because it is so vulnerable to organized vote manipulation (AO/CGN threads). Not only that, but CTV can see where the majority of votes are coming from when sites like AO, GOC and CGN organized a vote stuffing campaign and link to the poll. If you see 5000 hits from a single site, it’s a pretty good indication for CTV that they are being compromised
Old 12-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Or it started trending the other way.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The only thing to examine would he how they phrased the question and how respondents were chosen (random calling or from a list of people who had previously signed up to be polled).
It's all about the wording of the question, and how the target audience is chosen. Basically, a poll can be made to show whatever results the people conducting the poll want.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Banned

I hope that they aren't using Chicago and DC as examples of success stories for total gun bans in urban areas.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
AO and CGN aren’t the only groups who can organize people to sway a poll.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Or it started trending the other way.
If you follow the timeline, it didn't trend the other way, about 10,000 votes appeared instantly, which isn't the result of individual voters each posting a vote, or even two votes. Someone either hacked the system. or found a way to have a computer place thousands of votes at once.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Banned

I just emailed then asking for an explanation. Also left a voicemail. Everyone else should as well. Our media is so crooked. Making news rather than reporting it
Old 12-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Banned

Polls mean nothing.
Think im wrong? Ask Hillary Clinton
Lol
Old 12-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyDistracting View Post
I just emailed then asking for an explanation. Also left a voicemail. Everyone else should as well. Our media is so crooked. Making news rather than reporting it
I doubt there is some kind of obligation for them to keep polls on their site, especially when the poll is actively being manipulated
Old 12-07-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
If you follow the timeline, it didn't trend the other way, about 10,000 votes appeared instantly, which isn't the result of individual voters each posting a vote, or even two votes. Someone either hacked the system. or found a way to have a computer place thousands of votes at once.
Or the person who made the poll added the numbers. Either way it's pure crap

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 12-07-2017, 01:34 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

Have a look

https://thegunblog.ca/2017/12/05/eko...mote-gun-bans/
Old 12-07-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Very good information to be aware of. Quite the tactics they use to mislead or confuse people into providing the answers they want. It certainly helps to explain the results of their poll.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-07-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned

Its alllll about the UN agenda to ban small arms.
Canada has sighned on.
Its no secret. Most of theses organizations and news outlets arecontrolled by the same people who in favor to ban small arms and the UN agenda.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:10 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post

It's a media poll ... it means absolutely Nothing.

Selkirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seige View Post

Can vote multiple times if we clear our browser cache every time, works. I’ve just voted “no” 10 times.

I rest my case.

Selkirk