Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 05-04-2014, 06:58 PM

Default fly rod value

Posted this in fishing didn't get many replies. I have a new in tube or unused Sage Z-AXIS 690-4 generation 5 rod. It is 9' 6wt. With the tube & sock. It was quite a bit of $ 4-5 years ago. (maybe 3 ) I thought it might still be worth 500, what do you guys think? I want to price it to sell, but fair value all round. Thanks for your time. A
Old 05-04-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
Posted this in fishing didn't get many replies. I have a new in tube or unused Sage Z-AXIS 690-4 generation 5 rod. It is 9' 6wt. With the tube & sock. It was quite a bit of $ 4-5 years ago. (maybe 3 ) I thought it might still be worth 500, what do you guys think? I want to price it to sell, but fair value all round. Thanks for your time. A
Throw it on ebay and put a reserve on it for the least you will take and see what the highest bidder ends up bidding on it during the auction. Two things could happen when you do this, it could sell or it will give you a good idea what people would be willing to pay and you can adjust your price accordingly. Unfortunately unused or not it's still a 4-5 year old rod and it depends on on buyers if they are willing to buy it or not at your asking price. Search ebay and amazon and see what they are going for.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:38 PM

I would say you're going to get 300-400 for a stick like that. The zaxis is a highly sought after rod. The 690-4 is a good all round trout stick. I could see people jumping on that pretty quick. Especially if you still have the warranty card and havent registered it to yourself.