Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-24-2011, 04:58 PM
BUCKMASTER7MMMAG.

Exclamation Help out a 13 year old dude get a nice buck 417 318 hunters!

me and my dad are heading out for a final round with the bucks on saturday.We are going out by sundree and have only seen does and ONE SPIKER all year. any tips or hints for 417 or 318? trying for a nice 3x3 or large whitetail
Old 11-24-2011, 05:57 PM

Out in that neck of the woods I have done some hunting and I have always had the best luck hunting the edges of the crown and private land in 318. This time of year I would bring my rattling antlers and grunt tube and make sure you get off the road half a mile and you will cut out about 95% around there as a ton of folks out there road hunt. Be out where you want to be sit down 20 minutes before shooting light and settle in on a point where you have a reasonable view ideally an 3-5 year old cutblock or a natural clearing. After about the first 15 minutes of shooting light start your rattling sequence, be patient and look for deer coming in downwind of you and position yourself accordingly. Good luck, the deer are there they are just a little wary as you have likely seen how many hunters are out there.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:08 AM

any luck this last weekend?