Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
BS, the residents of BC elected these clowns, the majority of people voted NDP or green. Let them reap what they sowed.
I've always believed that there is nothing like having to open your wallet to see how important you believe an issue is. There are a lot of opinions changing with the recent rise in gas prices.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I was just out there, drove from Calgary to Delta, watched gas prices rise to $1.72 along the way. I hope gas goes to $5.00 for them, after this trip I don't understand how a family can succeed in that province, I paid almost $22.00 for a 6pack of beer.

Problem is with our current regulations building a refinery is next to impossible, right?
That's ridiculous.

Just for laughs, I checked out the price of Remy Martin Cognac: $88 in BC liquor stores compared to ~$47 at Canadian Superstore in Edmonton. I certainly couldn't afford to move back there.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
BS, the residents of BC elected these clowns, the majority of people voted NDP or green. Let them reap what they sowed.
The residents of Edmonton also elected NDP clowns and so let them reap what they have sowed.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Lest we forget .. that the vast majority of BC residents are on our side. It's just those lefty idiots that reside around the Lower Mainland that need sorted out.
Lets not spread any ill will to our many allies that reside in the other parts. They are experiencing much the same crap as we are from their Donk Premier.
Agree, it's just a pocket of lower mainlanders and paid protestors making all the noise, no need to alienate our supporters there. I have many friends spread out all over BC and they all overwhelmingly support TMX.

It's LONG past time for the normal people of BC to stand up and start speaking up, staying silent is simply no longer an option.

Hope gas there hits $5.00 a litre, the sooner the better

BC politicians remind me of California politicians, so far out to left field it's not even funny, it's downright scary. Guess that's where the phrase "looney left coast" comes from.

Also agree on the coordinated "maintenance shutdown" that would fast track the $5.00 a litre. I believe that would finally motivate the silent majority into speaking up.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not really. It is a Minority Gov. And only held together by some serious horse trading.
More people voted for the "Liberals" than any other party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_B...neral_election
Old 04-27-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLAKER View Post
The residents of Edmonton also elected NDP clowns and so let them reap what they have sowed.
Edmonton is a City, BC is a Province. There is a difference in how each affects the country.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Edmonton is a City, BC is a Province. There is a difference in how each affects the country.
There will be no comprehension to your point from the original commenter...
Old 04-28-2019, 06:41 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Perhaps he's had an epiphany and realized he'd be unemployed following the next election if he stayed on his established course. I'm not sure if it will help in his re-election but at least he's lining up to play some ball rather than blockading everyone from the accessing the bats, balls, and mitts in his leftist tantrum.
Nothing more than a political play by this moron. His statement says that the refinery should be built in Alberta because " they have the expertise". So with that in mind IF it was to be considered he can always blame the regulatory delays etc. on Alberta and make it look like he tried ,but it's those evil knuckle dragging Albertans fault that they're paying so much for gasoline
Old 04-28-2019, 07:37 AM

Default Horgan the Hypocrite

Horgan wants an oil company to build him a refinery, which nowadays even if its possible with all the regulatory hurdles could take 10-20 years and cost billions.
Then when its built he will have a law against selling cars or trucks that use fuel. He is such an idiot, close second to Turdo.

https://canada.autonews.com/technolo...-zero-emission
Old 04-28-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevarm guy View Post
Horgan wants an oil company to build him a refinery, which nowadays even if its possible with all the regulatory hurdles could take 10-20 years and cost billions.
Then when its built he will have a law against selling cars or trucks that use fuel. He is such an idiot, close second to Turdo.

https://canada.autonews.com/technolo...-zero-emission
Oh I think Horgan understands that. It really boils down to not so much him being an idiot, but those that vote for him being so.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:59 AM

I'd love to see sights like Facebook being plastered with pictures of gas station signs of gas prices in Alberta so that people can repeatedly see what the alternative is. Maybe under a heading like "What are we going to do with all this cheap gas? We'd love to send you some....."
Old 04-28-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Fishing Maniac View Post
My sister paid $1.959/ litre for supreme yesterday in Vancouver. Less than two weeks ago it was $1.789

Just wait till summer holidays start.

The waterways along the BC coast will be quiet as well, as all the fancy yachts , and other vessels will tied up to the dock as the BCers cant even afford to go pleasure yachting, might e a lot of boats up for sale this year.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
The waterways along the BC coast will be quiet as well, as all the fancy yachts , and other vessels will tied up to the dock as the BCers cant even afford to go pleasure yachting, might e a lot of boats up for sale this year.
There will be a bit of that. So far the price hasn't done anything to the tourist numbers however. Over the Easter weekend there were massive line-ups for ferries. I do expect there to be some healthy price increases for fishing charters this year with the increase in gas prices.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Due to Horgan, Weaver & Pierre's Idiot Child, taxes on a current liter of gasoline (cheap regular) exceeds 58 cents per liter. Just another line of BS from a fellow entirely likely to lose the next visit to the polling booths here.
This and a very select/limited supply for BC in general results in a premium for fuels. ~$1.80 less ~$0.35 would put fuel in at about a ~$1.45 which would be more in-line with the rest of the nation.

Tax the living crap out of the dips&$ts in the lower mainland. The folks I really feel for are most of those folks out in rural BC whom depend on more than real estate, tourism, and public sector work to make a living (forestry, farmers, oil, gas, etc.). They ultimately pay for the decisions the lower mainland makes (in terms of voting). Hopefully one day logic will prevail.

Don't discount the US's involvement in this behind the scenes. They will continue to lobby a handful of very influential people/groups to ensure our resource supply continuous to head south of the 49th at a discount whether it be oil, gas, lumber, steel, grains, water, etc.

Horgan can kiss my a%$.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
This and a very select/limited supply for BC in general results in a premium for fuels. ~$1.80 less ~$0.35 would put fuel in at about a ~$1.45 which would be more in-line with the rest of the nation.

Tax the living crap out of the dips&$ts in the lower mainland. The folks I really feel for are most of those folks out in rural BC whom depend on more than real estate, tourism, and public sector work to make a living (forestry, farmers, oil, gas, etc.). They ultimately pay for the decisions the lower mainland makes (in terms of voting). Hopefully one day logic will prevail.

Don't discount the US's involvement in this behind the scenes. They will continue to lobby a handful of very influential people/groups to ensure our resource supply continuous to head south of the 49th at a discount whether it be oil, gas, lumber, steel, grains, water, etc.

Horgan can kiss my a%$.
I've always believed that behind the scenes it's the US pulling strings to keep Canadian oil to themselves. Why would they want to lose exclusive access?
Old 04-28-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Supply and demand is another more polite way of saying gouging. Fuel is climbing like crazy everywhere, right away you will hear that a refinery is down, or that they ran out of sulfur and can't make diesel, and prices will sky rocket.

Price the hell out of everything so only the rich can afford to buy it, which makes the super rich even more so.

What a crock.

'We are running short so screw everyone'.

It is amusing that while diesel at the pumps is $1.299/L there are companies and farmers that are buying it at under $.80c.

Not quite. Marked fuel is exempt from provincial tax on fuel 9c and carbon tax 8c/l
So around 17cents less not 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2019, 01:46 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
No, they didn't. Try to inform yourself.
The majority actually voted for the liberals (as noted Socreds in Disguise).
However with some sneaky back door dealings, the Greens (Basket Weaver) and the NDP (Horgan) developed this warped coalition that barely maintains a single seat majority. The only support for that was from the LML and Victoria. Pretty well everywhere else was, and remains, apposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
... It's LONG past time for the normal people of BC to stand up and start speaking up, staying silent is simply no longer an option.
We are working on that. Another recall campaign has been mounted. Further, there is a by-election coming up, and although Federal, we do expect that another of Pierre's Idiot Child's crew will be swept aside.

We will be speaking up. At the polls. And most of us are very much pushing for the kind of change recently witnessed next door in Alberta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
... I do expect there to be some healthy price increases for fishing charters this year with the increase in gas prices.
What Charters? Due to the draconian cuts to fisheries imposed recently, many are getting out. One buddy alone had 47 cancellations over 4 days - basically most of his season driven off by DFO's fumblings. There are some trying to hang on, but given the new regs will last a minimum of 5 years, the majority I know are thinking of cutting their losses and running.

More on that here: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=362499

Again Folks, the Regular Joe's of BC are on your side. And we are looking forward to the day we can get things rolling along as they should be for both our fine Provinces.

Cheers,
Nog
Old 04-28-2019, 02:41 PM

Default Refinery

[QUOTE=igorot;3968832] Refinery for stupid people[/Q

Unfortunately I live in Jonny Horrible's constituency, but don't hold that against me.
I have supported the pipeline front day one and the Northern Gateway pipeline to Kitimat & Prince Rupert.

If Jonny Horrible wants a refinery built in Alberta, how in hell does he plan on getting the fuel here?
I think BC should pay for half of the refinery cost and then Alberta back charge for their portion.
Seems only fair to me.
If the pipeline going East and West had been completed we could all be benefiting in our natural resources.
All those folks in the Hope to Victoria corridor would pull their heads out of their asses, we would all benefit.
Now do you really want me to tell you how I feel?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
No, they didn't. Try to inform yourself.
The majority actually voted for the liberals (as noted Socreds in Disguise).
However with some sneaky back door dealings, the Greens (Basket Weaver) and the NDP (Horgan) developed this warped coalition that barely maintains a single seat majority. The only support for that was from the LML and Victoria. Pretty well everywhere else was, and remains, apposed.

Cheers,
Nog
It's a coalition of green thinking people, and BC elected them, they got what they deserved. No back door deal, the province elected two left leaning parties that were able to piece together a coalition that rules. A minority by it's very nature needs help from another party, the liberals were unable to do it, the left did. I have no doubt there are many people that are sorry for the way the voted, it happened to Alberta too.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-28-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
I disagree.

People will go just as much as before. After buying, outfitting and maintaining boats they wont be sitting. Do you really think that yacht owners care at all about fuel prices?
A buddy of mine has 2 boats, a 57 foot hattarus(sp?) and a 30 foot fishing boat. He just upgraded engines for $200,000.00 on the big boat, another dollar a litre means nothing to these guys.
The charter guys will be crying the blues of course but will just pass on the price hike to the customers. People pay tens of thousands of dollars to hunt, fishing is the same. Some won't go on charters if prices go up too much, it will just be more exclusive.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-28-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Lest we forget .. that the vast majority of BC residents are on our side. It's just those lefty idiots that reside around the Lower Mainland that need sorted out.
Lets not spread any ill will to our many allies that reside in the other parts. They are experiencing much the same crap as we are from their Donk Premier.
Allies??? Really????

They are Bystanders who do not want to get involved until it is finally inconvenient and painful to them. They were not protesting the pipeline protestors, they were cautiously agreeing with the green agenda and the pipeline protestors. To do otherwise would be "unBClike".

Until the silent majority is no longer silent, they really are not the majority.

Drewski
Old 04-28-2019, 10:02 PM
Gone Hunting

Could we sell our excess CO2 emissions from the tarpits to B.C. The high price of fuel means lower CO 2 emissions , gov't said so. The trees will need more CO2 imported into B.C. from outside polluters.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-28-2019, 10:28 PM

It's just too bad that we can't have an election for BC this fall, that way we could get rid of Horgan and the Weaver along with the Turd, go PC and make everybody happy or bring back Christy would be even better but that would just likely help the Turd win a seat or two??? kind a screwing with my summer plans to go north again this yr as to the price of diesel??
Old 04-29-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
+1 on this. I currently live in northern BC for work and during the election I recall there wasn't even a single yard sign for conservatives in the riding. All the signs were NDP and liberal. It was (and probably has been) an NDP vs Liberal competition for the past decade.

Time and time again they vote for the tree-huggers who increase gas prices, then they do deserve it.

Lower mainland guys take transit. They don't feel the pain as the Northern BC folks.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdrizzle View Post
+1 on this. I currently live in northern BC for work and during the election I recall there wasn't even a single yard sign for conservatives in the riding. All the signs were NDP and liberal. It was (and probably has been) an NDP vs Liberal competition for the past decade.

Time and time again they vote for the tree-huggers who increase gas prices, then they do deserve it.

Lower mainland guys take transit. They don't feel the pain as the Northern BC folks.
Actually in BC the Liberals are the same as Conservatives in Alberta. I can't say I disagree with you that BC deserves what they got, but at the same time so did Alberta with the NDP. That was a very predictable outcome for anyone with rudimentary math skills.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:21 PM

Whilst anti PL organizations have gone on a very aggressive and effectively targeted campaign the oil industry has done a pathetic job of defending their interests and aggressively selling the benefits of O&G development to people in BC and Canada. Its not just the gov'ts job to sell the pro oil angle and ram a PL through. Companies and CAPP should be pumping out ads spelling out the other side of the argument clearly and eloquently. Why not give some pro PL natives a forum to voice their views in prime time programming? How about ads featuring BC'ers who are benefiting from O&G talking about their experiences? They need to be touting the fact that O&G generates billions for both AB and BC and provides tonnes of jobs for BC'ers both directly and through the billions in oil money that flows from AB into BC tourism and realestate. Wouldn't be hard to drum up a lot of everyday people that would be happy to state they benefit from such and want the PL. Point out the fact that every Canadian benefits hugely from all things derived from O&G (basically benefits outweigh the risks). I mean we don't judge the net benefit of our medical system by only focusing on the malpractice cases do we? So start selling the darn benefits of O&G that most people take for granted or don't even realize exist! This is a public relations and public perception war and the oil industry has largely not shown up to the fight. We can laugh all we want at these anti hippy dippy's but they are schooling the O&G industry in public relations sadly.

The oil industry also could have done a much better job at offering some proactive assurances should a spill occur on land or out on the coast. I don't think it'd be unfair, as main benefactors of this line, for the alberta gov't and a collection of oilsands operators to proactively put up a significant spill cleanup bond and perhaps offer up some millions for say fish habit restoration and hatchery development (after the line goes in of course) as gesture of good faith and acknowledgement that BC would be shouldering some risk with increased tanker traffic etc. and as such the oil industry is prepared to proactively help improve the environment to help cancel out some of that risk. Given the current salmon crisis out on the coast right now I have to wonder if an announcement of a 200million grant for salmon restoration upon completion of the line wouldn't help sway some support in the LM.

Tags
british columbia, pipeline, refinery