Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhoot View Post
I ordered some Boron from Amazon, they refunded my money, I think you guys bought it all
There is a large variety of listings and suppliers for exactly the same product. If one is out, I just switch to another supplier. Bought this last batch out of the states, 4x250 pack for $72 Canadian, no delivery fees.
Old 08-28-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhoot View Post
I ordered some Boron from Amazon, they refunded my money, I think you guys bought it all
I ordered 2 100 tablet bottles for 10 bucks each today. Got a shipping confirmation???...
Old 09-23-2022, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have a bad right knee from Osteoarthritis due to an injury a few years ago. Try taking 3 mg of Boron twice a day, it cuts down on the pain dramatically after a week or two for most people. In my case it worked in a couple of days. Rarely have to take an Aleve now unless I over do it. Got rid of the chronic pain. Costs about $38 for 250. That is one place where Amazon is WAY cheaper than local. Did a lot of research before taking it, found no conflicts with other meds, or ailments.

I haven’t had any success with trying the Boron. Wondering if any other new users are feeling less pain?
Old 09-23-2022, 07:10 AM

Default PRP injections and acupuncture

My son in law has this form of arthritis in his wrist and arm. One visit to the acupuncturist here and it was a night and day experience. He says he has no pain whatsoever now. He’s a plumber so he uses his wrists on a daily basis.

I’m considering the PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections for the osteoarthritis in my knees. I’ve heard of a few really good results from this option.Just saving up some cash as it’s expensive and definitely not covered by Blue Cross. $450-$1200 per injection depending on which clinic you choose. But I need to get back to work so I need to get these old worn out knees functioning again.

Just my thoughts.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
I haven’t had any success with trying the Boron. Wondering if any other new users are feeling less pain?
I have been taking it now for 3 weeks. Along with calcium. I have not noticed any improvement yet but will continue for a couple months and see.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:24 AM

Just ordered 5 bottles of the 100 count ! The body is always sore!!!
ankle... waiting on third surgeon opinion
elbow tendonitis
left knee with miniscus tear

Have to try options.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
Just ordered 5 bottles of the 100 count ! The body is always sore!!!
ankle... waiting on third surgeon opinion
elbow tendonitis
left knee with miniscus tear

Have to try options.
If you can still adjust the order you might want to try one bottle first to see if it works for you. At 2 a day that gives you almost 2 months and by all accounts I have found, Boron helps between 70 and 80% of those that try it. Improvement is usually evident within a month, for some only a few days, but have not heard of anyone where it took two full months to show the results. It is not universally effective.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If you can still adjust the order you might want to try one bottle first to see if it works for you. At 2 a day that gives you almost 2 months and by all accounts I have found, Boron helps between 70 and 80% of those that try it. Improvement is usually evident within a month, for some only a few days, but have not heard of anyone where it took two full months to show the results. It is not universally effective.
I will run the coarse for a while and they were on sale. I can always give some to the FIL.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:02 PM

Advil or Tylenol not Alve from my surgeon in Toronto
Old 09-26-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
I will run the coarse for a while and they were on sale. I can always give some to the FIL.
Amazon prime is fast!!! Started my boron yesterday. Took one bottle to work in case I forget a dose as I have enough bottles!!!