Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2022, 08:39 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I view it like this.

If I go golfing, get smashed, and flip the golf cart on it's side in a sand trap, no biggie, probably happens more than I think it does.

If I'm golfing at a charity golf tournament representing my employer and I get smashed, flip the golf cart on it's side in a sand trap, it's kind of a bigger deal.

Trudeau was representing Canada, at a fairly somber, dignified event. While there is nothing wrong with his actions in a bubble, that clearly wasn't the time or the place.
This exactly... Perfect analogy.

When he is down is Costa Rica on holidays or whatever, he can fill his boots, but this is a trip he is supposed to be representing our nation and that means acting professionally and respectfully. At least it should mean that IMHO.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 09-20-2022, 08:47 AM
Banned

He was giving the Queen mum a proper sendoff, mourning her loss. If it turned into something like that scene out of Snatch when Mickey loses his mom, then it would have probably been newsworthy, because it would have torn the town up. This is just a little salute.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
"Gregory Charles, a renowned musician from Quebec and Order of Canada recipient, played piano in the hotel lobby which resulted in some members of the delegation including the prime minister joining."
I can see this as being a dam*ed if you do and dam*ed if you don't moment for Trudeau. Before starting to sing he most likely got some advice from one of his aides.

"Sir, if you don't sing along with the Quebec musician you'll offend voters in Quebec and we will loose seats.
If you do sing along, you will upset voters in Alberta and Saskatchewan. The impact for the party would be negligible.

Sing away, Mister Prime Minister!!"

^^^ This in not serious ^^^

↓↓ This is ↓↓

His delegation should have realized that this incident would offend the Brits. Letting the musician finish playing, but not joining in with the singing would have been the right call. Have an aide later explain to the musician that it was inappropriate for him to play.

Maybe if the musician played a song by Journey and not one by Queen, the Brits would not have cared.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:32 AM

A couple days ago he made a heart rendering teary eyed speech for his favourite person in the world night before the funeral it's party time.
The reaction from the news agency's from a country in mourning was what I found amusing, the rest of the world isn't taken in by this charlatan like 28% of Canadians.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I view it like this.

If I go golfing, get smashed, and flip the golf cart on it's side in a sand trap, no biggie, probably happens more than I think it does.

If I'm golfing at a charity golf tournament representing my employer and I get smashed, flip the golf cart on it's side in a sand trap, it's kind of a bigger deal.

Trudeau was representing Canada, at a fairly somber, dignified event. While there is nothing wrong with his actions in a bubble, that clearly wasn't the time or the place.
That sums it up nicely.

And if you repeatedly embarrassed your employer you’d likely be terminated!

Time to terminate the turd!

BW
Old 09-20-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
That sums it up nicely.

And if you repeatedly embarrassed your employer you’d likely be terminated!

Time to terminate the turd!

BW
Can’t argue with this logic, I’ll second this motion!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 09-20-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.crentist View Post
He was giving the Queen mum a proper sendoff, mourning her loss. If it turned into something like that scene out of Snatch when Mickey loses his mom, then it would have probably been newsworthy, because it would have torn the town up. This is just a little salute.
You remind me a lot of a guy that used to be on this forum, who was also constantly making light of the scandals and idiotic gaffes and embarrassing behavior, and being an apologist for JT.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-20-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
A couple days ago he made a heart rendering teary eyed speech for his favourite person in the world night before the funeral it's party time.
The reaction from the news agency's from a country in mourning was what I found amusing, the rest of the world isn't taken in by this charlatan like 28% of Canadians.
After a quick scroll, 28% seems bang on.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
After a quick scroll, 28% seems bang on.
Hahahaha
Old 09-20-2022, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
I view it like this.

This is real stretch. He sang a couple verses of a song in a hotel lobby, he wasn’t dancing on the piano and throwing drinks at people.

I wonder if most of you that take great issue with this have bothered to think about the consequences? If we keep flapping our arms and wailing over little inconsequential nothings like this we’re just training the rest of the electorate to ignore us. When the stuff that matters comes up then we’re overlooked because it’s just Trudeau Derangement Syndrome again.

You don’t have to look very far for an example. The media blowing up every little thing Trump did caused a lot of the truly awful things to get lost in the noise.

You want to lose another election? Keep it up.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
This a time to grow up and act appropriately.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
This is real stretch. He sang a couple verses of a song in a hotel lobby, he wasn’t dancing on the piano and throwing drinks at people.

I wonder if most of you that take great issue with this have bothered to think about the consequences? If we keep flapping our arms and wailing over little inconsequential nothings like this we’re just training the rest of the electorate to ignore us. When the stuff that matters comes up then we’re overlooked because it’s just Trudeau Derangement Syndrome again.

You don’t have to look very far for an example. The media blowing up every little thing Trump did caused a lot of the truly awful things to get lost in the noise.

I can relate to what you were saying if in fact it was the case. Our media is sweeping it under the rug. Its the UK and their media that are upset about it and making something of it. Not Canada but the UK, you know, his host.

I don't have Trudeau derangement syndrome but Trudeau needs to be called to task for all of his diplomatic errors. If he can't act like a respectful adult in someone else's country, stop going.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Hahahahaha you are right. I'm asking way too much.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
I can relate to what you were saying if in fact it was the case. Our media is sweeping it under the rug. Its the UK and their media that are upset about it and making something of it. Not Canada but the UK, you know, his host.
Are you even remotely familiar with the British press? This outrage, rinse and repeat thing is their invention and they practice it to a level that would make the Rebel’s editorial board blush in embarrassment. I don’t care what a news site writes in an article that also has 17 links to stories about the Kardashians on the same page.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:29 AM

I remember a time when the "title" of world leader meant being a consummate professional, particularly when in the public limelight in another country (you know, at work). Looks to me like the drama teacher missed that memo and continues to embarrass himself as well as Canada on the world stage. Don't have to travel very far outside of Canada to know he is a joke, and a hearty laugh is always had when his name is brought up. When 28% of the voting population is okay with his antics, the beat will continue

if this was a one off, it would be forgotten about, but he continually embarrasses himself as well as canada on an almost daily basis. Quite surprised he hasn't played Mr. Dressup lately, and thankfully refrained yesterday
Old 09-20-2022, 11:40 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I remember a time when the "title" of world leader meant being a consummate professional, particularly when in the public limelight in another country (you know, at work). Looks to me like the drama teacher missed that memo and continues to embarrass himself as well as Canada on the world stage. Don't have to travel very far outside of Canada to know he is a joke, and a hearty laugh is always had when his name is brought up. When 28% of the voting population is okay with his antics, the beat will continue

if this was a one off, it would be forgotten about, but he continually embarrasses himself as well as canada on an almost daily basis. Quite surprised he hasn't played Mr. Dressup lately, and thankfully refrained yesterday
Sadly, if the people seem to not care about his other faux pas' such as blackface, Jody Wilson-Raybould, SNC-Lavalin, Aga Khan, WE Charity, RCMP investigation interference, amongst many others, then this is just a minor blip on the radar of the life of the Turd... Those that love the Lib's will defend him at all costs.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 09-20-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Sadly, if the people seem to not care about his other faux pas' such as blackface, Jody Wilson-Raybould, SNC-Lavalin, Aga Khan, WE Charity, RCMP investigation interference, amongst many others, then this is just a minor blip on the radar of the life of the Turd... Those that love the Lib's will defend him at all costs.
The India trip really set the stage in showing the world what a moron he truly is and what the rest of the world thinks of him.
That one really stands out for me. Sitting here shaking my head even rehashing it.
But you are correct, his fans will always defend him, even as the ship is sinking. I just hope the rats don't jump off.....
Old 09-20-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I view it like this.

Very well stated.

It’s the pattern of behaviour, while representing Canada as the best of the best of us… He must consider the impressions and decorum that comes with the office and the situation at hand.

Joining in a sing a long… at a Liberal fundraising dinner. Smart move. Screaming out a song in fun, while at a funeral event, while staying at a very expensive hotel hosting a whole bunch of Liberal friends on an international junket… no so smart a move.

He is acting like a school teacher at a conference. Not a Prime Minister at the biggest funeral of all time.

Other blunders…

Playing dress up in India
Insulting Trump on mic at an international political gathering
Being caught in black face photos
Being outed for groping a young reporter… she experienced it differently
Elbowing a MP in her chest area in the House of Commons
His photo op with Joshua Boyle
Pressuring Jody Wilson Raybould
All the SNC story changes
All the WE scandal efforts
Attacking Liberal MP Celina Caesar-Chavennes for not running again
drink box water bottle things
Speaking moistly
Peoplekind
Grassy meadows mercury poisoning… thanks for your donation comment
Khan holiday
Omar Khadr
Multiple planes used by liberals in contradiction to their global warming comments
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 09-20-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:36 PM

Default #Trudeau must go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd0dkHi_4gY. A great explanation of this trend and Gerald Butts thoughts. Good part is at about the 4:50 mark. By the way- Marty is just outside Calgary.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:44 PM

Who brings their own piano player to a funeral?
Old 09-20-2022, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:

This is a great post.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:

Trudolt’s actions aren’t inconsequential. They’re cumulative. Just showing a continued lack of self awareness (probably trying to score points with the cool kids) and it backfired. Good. More fodder for demonstrating the case that he’s still not ready.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
He wasn’t on a holiday. He was representing Canada along with the rest of the delegation. He was there to pay respect and tribute to the monarchy. He should grow up and do what is right for Canada. He should for once stop embarrassing Canada internationally while being the leader of it. He gets enough holidays, trips, and globe trotting to act as the man-child he is. Is 4 days of maturity too much to ask?

Also, being that he is on official duty he had best SSS, sleep and look appropriate for the occasion.
If he's on the clock, 24/7/365, he makes $43/hr. Apparently, government work isn't that lucrative at all.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
If he's on the clock, 24/7/365, he makes $43/hr. Apparently, government work isn't that lucrative at all.
Figure in his $8,000 monthly grocery expenses, his travel expenses, countless paid vacations, cost of his nanny, and what his pension will cost Canadians, plus God knows whatever else taxpayers get billed for. Get back to us with the adjusted figure.

Considering his competency level, he should be making minimum wage working in a bottle depot in La Ronge.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-20-2022, 07:26 PM

I feel like we, as a country are breaking some kind of child labour laws by having this halfwit as our PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdodge View Post
Who brings their own piano player to a funeral?
He enjoys a reliable pianist.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
The only time that man is on the clock over a couple hours a week is when acting as a foreign dignitary. He is not on the clock more than 2 hours a week at most when in Canada. Asking him to act with the dignity of a diplomat for a few days a year is not too much to ask. So you want to recalculate that.

If I invited you into my house would you act like you do in your own house, or would you show me the respect of a guest and step up your manners in my home? Not to say you shouldn’t be yourself, but I’d hope you don’t help yourself to my beer and sit on my couch in your gotch. 😀
Old 09-20-2022, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Considering his competency level, he should be making minimum wage working in a bottle depot in La Ronge.
So true! Do you even think he’s qualified for that job, I think it would be pushing the limit of his skills.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
What did the people of LaRonge do to deserve that?😀
Old 09-20-2022, 08:38 PM

Sid sans Tim is spot on.

https://twitter.com/wearecanproud/st...9FYbAD4BZaJJlA

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 09-20-2022 at 09:03 PM.