Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Yep:

Eight times international media has lashed out at Trudeau

https://tnc.news/2022/09/21/internat...media-trudeau/
Old 09-22-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.crentist View Post
Trump fan?

I think a lot of what people are upset with is overblown in terms of the PM and I'm sure every country has that. I'm sure there is a forum where the exact same is being said for every world leader, some statements are true and some are just people being upset.

The last guy down south was a comedy show, they tolerated him so if he doesn't look directly at the sun (among many other things), they should tolerate our guy.
Actually no they did not tolerate him, the media went after him relentlessly for everything he said or did and a lot of things he didn’t. They are still beating that dead horse every chance they get.
The difference up here is the media has drank deeply at the Liberal koolaid jug and are completely blind to anything stupid this half wit does.
I swear Trudeau could commit murder and the media would figure out a way to blame his victim while commending him for being an excellent shot.
Old 09-22-2022, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Actually no they did not tolerate him, the media went after him relentlessly for everything he said or did and a lot of things he didn’t. They are still beating that dead horse every chance they get.
Maybe there's something there? I mean he seems like a nice guy, certainly qualified and hasn't done half the stuff ol' Trud has done. Right? I just don't know why everyone is so mean to him.

Quote:
The difference up here is the media has drank deeply at the Liberal koolaid jug and are completely blind to anything stupid this half wit does.
I swear Trudeau could commit murder and the media would figure out a way to blame his victim while commending him for being an excellent shot.
Again. I don't think it's as terrible as this echo chamber is making it out to be. Things could certainly be better, yes, absolutely. Unfortunately the conservative showing has been weak and leadership even weaker but instead of proposing crucifying the current guy maybe we come up with a plan for the next election instead of Karen-ing it up in this small corner of the internet.

You have a plan? Sit down and write it up, send it to the new guy, maybe he'll make you a cabinet minister.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's as terrible as this echo chamber is making it out to be. Things could certainly be better... Unfortunately the conservative showing has been weak and leadership even weaker.....maybe come up with a plan for the next election instead of Karen-ing it up in this small corner of the internet.
Did you want people to take you seriously? Have you looked at what has happened to this country in the last 7 years and the condition it is currently in? I don't have the energy to make a list for you.

Also, referring to the AO community as an echo chamber, and a bunch of Karens, is skating close to the edge of being insulting (check the forum rules on this) and trolling.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 09-22-2022 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Did you want people to take you seriously? Have you looked at what has happened to this country in the last 7 years and the condition it is currently in? I don't have the energy to make a list for you.

Also, referring to the AO community as an echo chamber, and a bunch of Karens, is skating close to the edge of being insulting (check the forum rules on this) and trolling.

The short list would be the debt, the economy, and inflation. Anyone that can't see how he influenced those three things, simply doesn't want to see it.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:18 PM

The constant scandals and corruption, undermining the trust in Canada's institutions, invoking the Emergency Act to flex State Authority, and the divisiveness of his Covid policies. These things corrode the fabric of Canadian society. They may have a longer lasting effect then destroying the economy.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-22-2022, 05:48 PM

If this was never put on social media not one person would have cared.Im doubting there is anyone that researches all expenses /trips /conferences that goverment employees have done.Im thinking there was more covered to non Liberals as well.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe there's something there? I mean he seems like a nice guy, certainly qualified and hasn't done half the stuff ol' Trud has done. Right? I just don't know why everyone is so mean to him.

Again. I don't think it's as terrible as this echo chamber is making it out to be. Things could certainly be better, yes, absolutely. Unfortunately the conservative showing has been weak and leadership even weaker but instead of proposing crucifying the current guy maybe we come up with a plan for the next election instead of Karen-ing it up in this small corner of the internet.

You have a plan? Sit down and write it up, send it to the new guy, maybe he'll make you a cabinet minister.
There’s always other threads/corners of the web to visit if this theme isn’t to your taste. I’d stay away from throwing insults at contributors.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
The constant scandals and corruption, undermining the trust in Canada's institutions, invoking the Emergency Act to flex State Authority, and the divisiveness of his Covid policies. These things corrode the fabric of Canadian society. They may have a longer lasting effect then destroying the economy.
I agree with you on that point.

But there is a lot of yip yap back and forth about this and no ideas.

What needs to be done is some constructive ideas brought forth to nip this in

the butt.

Brain storming comes to mind, sure most have heard of it.

I'm sure it's going on now but will take time to develop.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I had no idea my comments were so offensive. I apologies to anyone who's feelings may have been hurt.

It's crazy to think that I'm on the line here with my comments when a few posts ago someone was calling for a crucifixion. So a call to violence and referring to people as idiots is ok as long as it's not directed to anyone in this thread?

Things seem to be leaning to one side.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:24 PM

He had to do something. The queen died and was getting all of the attention.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I had no idea my comments were so offensive. I apologies to anyone who's feelings may have been hurt.

It's crazy to think that I'm on the line here with my comments when a few posts ago someone was calling for a crucifixion. So a call to violence and referring to people as idiots is ok as long as it's not directed to anyone in this thread?

Things seem to be leaning to one side.
I think you may have misunderstood a friendly comment. Hard to get tone sometimes from posts. If you were really over the line I suspect one of the other mods would have sent you a warning or suspended you. Just trying to keep the conversation friendly, without any inadvertent insults or comments that may provoke people.

As far as things leaning maybe one way? Well you kind of have to read the room. This is the Alberta Outdoorsman forum. Not the GTA Granola Recipe Forum, right? So things are bound to have a slant to them.

I didn't catch the post about a public crucifixion, but in truth it's really hard to read every post. We don't condone the promotion of violence, so that is why there is a function to report posts. They will be deleted if you report them, and the mods rely on the community to help police threads and keep things civil.

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 09-22-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:03 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Alright folks!

So after much deliberation, the mods and management have come to an agreement that we are going to make another attempt at allowing political discussions back onto the forum in an organic way rather than in a single "superthread", but there are going to be some ground rules and it needs to be clear that if you partake in these threads, you need to understand that different opinions exist, and in fact should be welcome. Besides all the regular rules which can be read here ( http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=10691 ), there will be heavy emphasis on the following...

The very first, and quite frankly most important rule, is going to be regarding how we treat one another. There will be absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any belittling, mistreatment or disrespecting any other member for voicing their opinion. You are welcome to counter someones opinion you don't agree with by stating your own opinion, but if there is any hint of attacking or disrespecting another member there will be repercussions. First a no punishment warning issued. Next there will be a 30 day suspension issued and for a third offence it will be a permanent ban from using the forums. This is not optional and it is going to be adhered to without reservation.

Also understand that this applies as equally to someone who starts the argument as it does to anyone who gets trolled and responds to an argument. If you see something you feel is an unwarranted attack on yourself, either walk away without taking the bait and/or report it to the moderators and we will decide to enforce the rules if warranted.

Second, we ask that the same subject does not get doubled and tripled up on. Please try and keep the same like conversations in the same threads. if you see a thread that you started disappear, it was likely that it doubled up with another thread and as such was removed or integrated into an existing thread. Also make sure your thread is in the right section. If it is firearms related, put it in the firearms section. If it is fishing related, put it in the fishing section. Etc etc... Otherwise we have to move it and it just creates more work when not needed. Please do not assume censorship when it is simply clean up.

Third, if a moderator makes a decision you do not agree with, do not go off and lose your cool unless you do want to get suspended. We will listen to gripes but we will not take abuse. If you feel the decision is still wrong, take it to admin or management because we simply do not have the time or inclination to argue something with members over stuff like that. If one moderator does not see it your way you can try talking to another. We are human and do not always agree but we do always talk among ourselves and more than once after a group discussion our opinions can change, but if all the mods agree then you have to go to management.

We are going to try and take a hands off approach to what peoples opinions are and let you all have an open and free place to discuss ideas and opinions, but it is now up to all of you to act reasonably in how you all deal with each other as to whether or not this can become a healthy and regular part of being an AO member. We will not allow this to sink into chaos so please try your very best accord yourselves with dignity and we will try to do the exact same.

Now play on!

Just a gentle reminder about how we are moderating the political discussions… It seems the may be some misunderstandings about how we will be handling these types of threads in a much stricter fashion than normal threads and that we will enforce the rules laid out previously. Please see the above quoted post and play nice(r) than you normally would.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23

Last edited by tirebob; 09-22-2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:39 AM

Justin is now heading to the Japanese PM state funeral. Wondering what he’ll sing there…” turning Japanese “ ?
Old 09-23-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.J View Post
Bahahaha! This about sums it all up.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
Justin is now heading to the Japanese PM state funeral. Wondering what he’ll sing there…” turning Japanese “ ?
"Blowing in the wind" would be a good one, too bad the typhoon is dying off.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-23-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Trudeau’s dead horse is blaming Harper for everything still. At the same time the media doesn’t point out the fact that Justin has been worse on all counts such as excessive control of the party as seen by his treatment of women such as Jody Wilson Raybould.

In the US the right media says Trump is a true Christian upholding Christian values. Can’t be more false.

The left media says he has no redeeming values however they ignore that he has more business knowledge than Biden.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-23-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I view it like this.

If I go golfing, get smashed, and flip the golf cart on it's side in a sand trap, no biggie, probably happens more than I think it does.

If I'm golfing at a charity golf tournament representing my employer and I get smashed, flip the golf cart on it's side in a sand trap, it's kind of a bigger deal.

Trudeau was representing Canada, at a fairly somber, dignified event. While there is nothing wrong with his actions in a bubble, that clearly wasn't the time or the place.
This seems to sum it up in a nut shell! The only thing I would add; 'It" proves once again how stupid "it" is. If "it" wants to have a drink and/or sing, don't do it in a very public place where no doubt someone will get video and post it on public media. Stupid is as stupid does!

Duhoo canukistan!
Old 09-23-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.J View Post
Best comment yet, you win the internet, well done KJ :-)