Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 PM

Excellent report indeed ISB. Thx very much for taking the time to type it out for all of us to read. Interesting stuff. Fish beware, I'ma coming home!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 PM

your thunder was definitely louder than mine, Im glad you posted your report for sure. I am glad I did the drive, I learned quite a bit even if it cost me a bit of sleep, well worth it. I was impressed with the turnout and the knowledgable locals, it was far from a boring 3 hours. as for a sturgeon harvest, Ive never eaten one, but with the state of the rivers and the no fish consumption advisories, I dont think it would make any sense to bring back a harvest of any sort, there are many other species and Im sure better tasting species out there for the people who want to keep something for the table.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-29-2012, 11:31 PM

Thanks for the report ISB.
If you guys need any help with Cavan sustainability, I can gather the names of the first and second water rights owners if needed. I'm sure that is probably known already, but thought I'd offer anyways.
I know a local farmer from the area who seems quite knowledgeable, and he told me that it's only 2 people that are allowed to divert the spring run off before it gets to Cavan. He figures that if they would pull from the irrigation district instead of damming and flooding, Cavan would be much more sustainable. Now don't quote me on this, I'm just passing on what I was told. But if I can help in anyway, just let me know.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:08 AM

Thanks ISB and WC. I am really interested in what is going on / discussed at the local round tables / open houses.

We get only the the most cursory of reports at AFGA conference. Terry was at conference this year but only presented on the Sturgeon research.

This forum is great for keeping everyone informed.

Thanks again guys.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
jrs

Good update guys. By the sounds of it anyone fishing outpost this year should be sending in pictures of the larger fish if we want to keep the trophy regs. The local old guys around here have been spreading rumors the fish have stunted and there's nothing in there over 12'', theres a push wanting it to retun to a meat fishery.
I'm hoping there's some open houses more in the Lethbridge area, its important to keep up to date and in touch with the regional managers, open houses provide a great opportunity.
Anyway, appreciate the meeting report.