Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-08-2017, 09:07 PM

Default Any assistance to a growing program is sincerely and greatly appreciated

Hi all:

I am not normally one to do this, but I am asking for any assistance that anyone might provide to our growing program. I am looking for anyone who would like to donate any old lures, hooks, bobbers, flies, rods, etc. that they don't want or need anymore to a growing school program.

I work at a school in Okotoks and I am lucky to be apart of a team that has a very passionate person running our outdoor education program. This year we were fortunate to have had some fishing rods donated to us and are slowly starting to increase our gear count. This past weekend we took some students out to camp at the Point Campground on Upper Kananaskis Lake. We packed in our rods and took the kids out fishing for 3 days. Teaching them casting, retrieves and ultimately patience. In fact some of them begged to do even after we caught squat, which is so cool.

We have grant applications into Bass Pro and Cabela's to hopefully help with our needs.

We are so fortunate too that our administration is offering Hunter Ed and Fishing Instruction as an option next year. We have had so many kids interested, we are going to offer two sections, 1 per semester.

Any donation is greatly appreciated. I am located in Calgary but can certainly pick up in the surrounding area. I head up to the Rocky area frequently through out the summer so anything along the way I can certainly make a stop too. Attached are some pictures from our past trip.

Thank you for your consideration. PM me or just reply to this thread and we can be in contact.

Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8790.jpg (73.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8791.jpg (70.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8792.jpg (70.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8848.jpg (75.5 KB, 53 views)