Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-29-2017, 01:18 PM

Default 2017 Taber Pheasant Festival

Hi folks, Just got back from this years pheasant festival in Taber. I went with my oldest son, my best friend and his daughter along with their three dogs. Weather was a mixed bag from beautiful to 100 KPH wind gust and very cold one day. Gotta love Southern Alberta fall weather.
The dogs worked very hard for us and we had a couple of very challenging hunt sites. Our three hunt limit was 24 and we came away with 23 birds.
The entire community gets behind this event and the sponsors are amazing. I don't want to miss anyone on the sponsor list but have to say that AB Conservation, Ducks Unlimited and the land owners who provide the sites have done an incredible job. Looking forward to next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taber 2017 I.jpg (89.7 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg Taber 2017 II.jpg (56.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Taber 2017 III.jpg (78.1 KB, 128 views)
Old 10-29-2017, 04:52 PM

Great Festival again this year, our 7th year...birds were strong flyers...release sites had varied terrain...THANKS to ACA, sponsors, volunteers and land owners. See you next year.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:40 AM

Default 2017 Taber Pheasant Festival

I was lucky enough to do this hunt again this year. They sure put on a great show ... It was interesting to be hunting on one of the sites when they showed up to release some birds ..

I was quite a ways off to the west walking back to the truck after a fruitless hunt and it was interesting to watch the birds being released ... Quite a few flew right off the site ... might explain why we sometimes can not find what we have come to hunt ...

Anyways, it is always great to hunt new areas and meet some new folks ...

I hope to do it again next fall ... if the creek don't rise ...
Old 10-31-2017, 08:59 AM
Banned

I'm surprised that they held the banquet on a Thursday and folded it up at 9pm. Great function though 👍