Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-12-2010, 03:29 PM

Default Slave Lake Cabins (on ice) rentals

Searching through old posts I found some information on renting some cabins. We want to stay in a cabin right on the ice and I guess Slave Lake is the place to do that. I've read some posts about Ladyhawk, ReelIn, Alberta Adventures, etc. I've found some information to call and ask questions, I will be doing that.

I was looking for any opinions/suggestions/reviews on these companies. There will be 8-10 guys going on stag party, so accomodations don't have to be perfect, but they have to good value. It would be great to have one that will fit everyone in one cabin. So any input is appreciated.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Default slave cabins

stayed at ladyhawk last year, cabins really small and not on the lake, the shanty on the lake is about 12'x12' with a stove in the middle. i think they have 3 or 4 shanty on the lake.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Yep I stayed a ladyhawk as well. They are okay. Cabins wouldn't be big enough for the whole crew. I'd say maybe 4 to a cabin and it'd be tough to even use one to house all the guys to play cards or whatever. They had a shower and a tv but no cable/satellite at the time. A microwave, fridge and hotplate and some basic cooking and eating dishes but not a fancy setup by any means. No room to pull in gear to thaw/dryout either. Its pretty tight quarters. One block away from the ice road though so very easy access to the lake.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 PM

they will be all booked up by now. You have to book them well in advance
Old 01-13-2010, 09:24 AM

Does anyone know of any other places then...faucette or similar? Or should we just look for a cabin to rent on a lake and go from there?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Have you tried Shaw's Point at Slave Lake?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:50 AM

Nope, do you have a name of someone to call to find out more info?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 AM

I have stayed at a couple of these. Pretty cool for 2-3 guys per shanty, but it might be tough to get all 12 of you together.

Here is a website link for shaws point resort: http://www.shawspointresort.com/.

I have stayed in their cabins (which are on shore) and they are comfortable and clean. A couple have showers and hot water. We fished about 500 yards off shore and like most places on Slave did very well.

Cheers.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
Nope, do you have a name of someone to call to find out more info?
Here's the owner, Martin @ 780-751-3900, I don't know how reachable he is in the winter, if Shaw's Point is open in winter that's the office number.

Don't be scared to give Wally @ Reel In Resort a call. Great guy. He guides too so he can give you pointers as well. Worth a call @ 780-355-3597.

Good Luck.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Best cabins on the lake hands down is www.adventurealberta.com, Cabins right on the lake 4-6 holes in each cabin, bunks,furnace,stove, sattelitte TV, poker tables. Had a blast in them last year. I'll be there again in FEB.